What if wheatley had won the spike VGA best character award

#1 Posted by Masha2932 (1242 posts) -

The VGAs may have passed but some of you may not have seen the variety of videos game developers made for their nominations. As a result I've decided to post all of the videos for character nominees here. As a refresher best character VGA Nominees of 2011 were

Wheatley- Portal 2

Nathan Drake- Uncharted 3

The Joker-Batman Arkham city

Marcus Fenix-Gears of War 3

Each of the characters has two videos one for their nomination and one for their possible win. As we all know the Joker won the award but Marcus, Wheatley and Drake all had possible winners videos made. I'll stop rambling now, let's start.

VALVE

Wheatley's Nomination speech for the VGA best character Award

Unfortunately Wheatley didn't win but he had a

Potential acceptance speech for the VGA best character award

EPIC STUDIOS

Marcus Fenix's Nomination speech for the VGA best character Award

Marcus Fenix's potential acceptance speech for the VGA best character award

NAUGHTY DOG

Nathan Drake's Nomination speech for the VGA best character Award

Nathan Drake's potential acceptance speech for the VGA best character award

ROCKSTEADY STUDIOS

As we all know the Joker eventually won the award so here are his nomination and acceptance speeches

The Joker's Nomination speech for the VGA best character Award

The Joker's acceptance speech for the VGA best character award

That's all folks. My choice for best character of the Year was Wheatley form Portal 2 but congratulations to Mark Hamill and the team at Rocksteady. On the videos above my favourite was Nathan Drake's possible acceptance speech.

So what was the best character of the year for you guys and what do you think of the videos above?

#2 Posted by Masha2932 (1242 posts) -

If the YouTube videos don't work please let me know.

#3 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@Anwar said:

I think it's hilarious that Drake says 'they'll give it to the Joker anyway'. He was right.

#4 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Thanks for posting these! I didn't even know the VGA's had stuff like this.

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Ha...Bear Grylls. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.