Anybody looking forward to this game next week?

#1 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

Is there anybody on this forum that's actually interested in this game.

#2 Posted by InfamousBIG (3227 posts) -

No.

#3 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -
@InfamousBIG: I agree I have a feeling this game isn't going to do so well.
#4 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

Would be fun to see a Quicklook of it, if nothing else. Release tomorrow.

#5 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3489 posts) -

Not really. I hope it's good though^^

#6 Posted by shivermetimbers (793 posts) -

It's a remake of an obscure retro game released around the holiday season......It's not going to do well, but I'm still interested to see if it's somewhat decent (which I doubt). 
#7 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

No
 I find it funny that, this game was not canceled like a year ago.

#8 Posted by PDC_Emulator (184 posts) -

This thread piqued my interests, so I googled it, and have found that the game will most likely suck.

#9 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

I have Splatterhouse 2 for the Genesis. It's an ok 2D action game, but I get the sense the series was relying more on gore and shock to sell itself than actual merit. Then again, I never played it when it came out so I'm lacking in perspective. I highly doubt this game will be good, but if it is, then I might be tempted.

#10 Posted by EveretteScott (1533 posts) -

I am and I'm sure there is lots of people.

Fucking haters.

#11 Posted by Dimsey (967 posts) -

I liked Splatterhouse 2.
I want this to be good, but I have my doubts.

#12 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5463 posts) -

I completely forgot about this game! I will GameFly it sometime.

#13 Posted by ch3burashka (5260 posts) -

Eh. I'm not expecting much - it will probably average a 7 or lower. It does seem like dumb fun though - will pick it up when it drops in price.

#14 Posted by Tsoglani (585 posts) -

I am keen on playing it, but like many other posters, I am also wary of it being a C grade title. Hopefully it will be better than that... so yeah, I am looking forward to see what it has to offer.

#15 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2913 posts) -

I'd like to see a quick look of it. I like my character action games but there's a huge separation between the good ones (DMC, God Hand, Bayonetta, Shinobi, Ninja Gaiden, God of War) and the bad ones (Enslaved, Spyborgs, Ninja Blade, that Golden Axe reboot, etc).

#16 Posted by buzz_clik (7030 posts) -

Splatterhouses 2 and 3 are guilty pleasures of mine, so I'm certainly not not interested in it. I'm not gagging for it, either, but I'm definitely curious about the outcome.

#17 Posted by chrissedoff (2167 posts) -
@SuperfluousMoniker: god hand and shinobi are bad, enslaved is good
#18 Posted by Depressing_Wizard (185 posts) -

I will be totally surprised if this game is even decent. It was even close to cancellation at least once. However, I feel there is a slight chance it could turn out like Darksiders (which I still need to play).

#19 Edited by alternate (2720 posts) -

wow, they really sent this one out to die.  can't be good.  last news I heard of it was when they sacked the devs.

EDIT : QL later today, I predict a car crash.

#20 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@chrissedoff said:
" @SuperfluousMoniker: god hand and shinobi are bad, enslaved is good "
Fuck off.
#21 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" @chrissedoff said:
" @SuperfluousMoniker: god hand and shinobi are bad, enslaved is good "
Fuck off. "
Ah, man. Shinobi. So good, those painful memories. 

Okay, so, wait, what game were we talking about? Splatterhouse? That's downloadable, right?
#22 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

Hell yes, waiting on the QL though as this has been in many studios so not sure exactly how it will play.

#23 Posted by AlfredCapone (164 posts) -

I have hope

#24 Posted by sharma55 (455 posts) -

Just saw the QL and I can safely say no.

#25 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2690 posts) -

I want to try it, if not just for the fact I really liked the originals.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.