Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Splatterhouse

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 23, 2010

Splatterhouse revisits Rick Taylor as he tries to rescue his girlfriend Jennifer from the evil clutches of Dr. West. In the process, he must battle against evil beings known as the "Corrupted" in bloody and brutal combat.

Original Splatterhouse Trilogy Will Be Unlockable in New Game

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

Via Kotaku:  http://kotaku.com/5512942/new-splatterhouse-also-throws-in-the-original-16%20bit-trilogy 

Namco Bandai announced that you will be able to unlock all three of the original 16-bit Splatterhouse games (including the uncensored Japanese version of the first game, apparently) in the new Splatterhouse game. 

I cannot...cannot...CANNOT WAIT...for this game!  It's been too long of a development cycle for me...and now, I'll be getting FOUR GAMES for the price of one?!   SIGN ME THE FUCK UP!!! 

Unfortunately, Namco Bandai aren't saying HOW you can unlock them.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By MysteriousBob

Holy shit, that's god damn awesome. I was hoping they would do this.

Twazuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Twazuk

I'm so happy this game is still being made, I haven't heard about it in ages.
    Also I still own the first and third games.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Tordah

I never played any of the Splatterhouse games, but that's a pretty neat bonus. More developers should do this when they release a new sequel to a really old game. 

In Return To Castle Wolfenstein you unlocked the original Wolfenstein 3D by beating the game once.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Tordah said:
    " I never played any of the Splatterhouse games, but that's a pretty neat bonus. More developers should do this when they release a new sequel to a really old game.   In Return To Castle Wolfenstein you unlocked the original Wolfenstein 3D by beating the game once. "
    Tekken 5 included the arcade versions of the first three games. That was also one of the best cases of including old games in new retail games.
    Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Cold_Wolven

That's s cool bonus, I would imagine that the only way to ulock those would be to finish the game. I wonder what the violent Japanese version would be like, over the top I hope.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187
    @Cold_Wolven: It was relatively more graphic than its previous game, but remember that you are talking about 16-bit graphics.  lol
    metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By metalmoog

Can anyone confirm whether the old versions are indeed in the new game? I loved the originals in the arcade and this alone will push this up to a buy for me.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By alternate
    @MetalMoog said:
    " Can anyone confirm whether the old versions are indeed in the new game? I loved the originals in the arcade and this alone will push this up to a buy for me. "
    yes.  Genesis versions (only the first came out on arcade).  Without the best buy pre-order code though you have to actually play the main game to unlock.  Chapter 2 for SH1, Chapter 4 for SH2 and Chapter 8 for SH3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.