Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Splinter Cell

Franchise »

Tom Clancy's tactical espionage series starring Sam Fisher.

Prince Of Persia, Splinter Cell HD Collections Announced

• 93 results
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

Stop me if you’ve heard this one: Ubisoft plans to release disc-based HD collections for Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia. The two sets, both of which are trilogies that fit on a lone Blu-ray disc and appear to be PS3-exclusive, will see releases later this year on March 22 for the delectable price of $39.99 each. Both of these collections have been heavily rumored for a while, thanks to various retailer listings.

The Splinter Cell HD collection, properly titled "Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy HD," includes the first three Splinter Cell games: Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.  

The Prince of Persia Collection, or the "Prince of Persia Classic Trilogy HD" as retailers will call it, will include these three titles: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, and Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

Interestingly, both sets have been remastered to include stereoscopic 3D visuals on top of HD resolutions. Ubisoft isn’t talking about what specifically has been added to the games in regards to 3D, so I’m guessing you won’t be too blown away by the visuals come this March.

And speaking of release dates, both of these collections will see releases on PSN, too, as proper bundles at the same time as the retail PS3 releases. You can actually download the three Prince of Persia HD games now, though, as Ubisoft dropped those on the network earlier in 2010.
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

Stop me if you’ve heard this one: Ubisoft plans to release disc-based HD collections for Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia. The two sets, both of which are trilogies that fit on a lone Blu-ray disc and appear to be PS3-exclusive, will see releases later this year on March 22 for the delectable price of $39.99 each. Both of these collections have been heavily rumored for a while, thanks to various retailer listings.

The Splinter Cell HD collection, properly titled "Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy HD," includes the first three Splinter Cell games: Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.  

The Prince of Persia Collection, or the "Prince of Persia Classic Trilogy HD" as retailers will call it, will include these three titles: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, and Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

Interestingly, both sets have been remastered to include stereoscopic 3D visuals on top of HD resolutions. Ubisoft isn’t talking about what specifically has been added to the games in regards to 3D, so I’m guessing you won’t be too blown away by the visuals come this March.

And speaking of release dates, both of these collections will see releases on PSN, too, as proper bundles at the same time as the retail PS3 releases. You can actually download the three Prince of Persia HD games now, though, as Ubisoft dropped those on the network earlier in 2010.
    Rirse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Rirse

Wasn't this annouced months ago?

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By XenoNick

I saw the prince of persia HD collection in HMV two weeks ago...

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Pop

aww man only PS3 but I want the PC I'll buy 3 copies of prince of persia I love those games!!

spencer_twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By spencer_twin

this besmirchment will not stand
    Chippy180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chippy180

I know Europe has the PoP collection as I'm looking at it, so I'm guessing the U.S had yet to be told when they would get them.

Veizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Veizer

So no XBLA? Are everybody screwing Microsoft with exclusives this year?

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Faint

Give me my Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy HD remakes please! I can't stand those wretched Square Enix games they put out these days. Metal Gear Solid 2/3 HD also please!

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Agent47

What the hell?PS3 exclusive come on.Great now this just means I can't buy it.I still have all my copies of the old ones, but HD ones packed on one disc sounds good to me.Too bad it's only exclusive.

PLWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PLWolf

The Prince of Persia Trilogy is already on the Playstation store. It's nice to have them on the hard drive.

guyver0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By guyver0
    @Rirse:  yeah i thought the same thing. hell i have the splinter cell collection already preordered
    Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Vod_Crack

Ubisoft shot themselves in the foot by going PS3 only with this shit.

p_p_o_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By p_p_o_d

will wait and see gameplay of the splinter cell games.   after the mess Ubi made porting the ps2 POP games where I hope the splinter cell games fair better.   the fact they just cropped some old xbox shots really isnt making me rush out and pre order it tho.

Warihay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Warihay

I wish they would say if the Splinter Cell games would have online. That for me will decide if I get them or not. Would love to play some spys vs mercs on Warehouse again.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somehow these things do sell, otherwise they wouldn't be making them.

Be ashamed gamers, be very ashamed!

RAY16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RAY16

I wonder if Chaos Theory will be a port of the PC version or just the original Xbox version being rendered at a higher resolution.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#18  Edited By delta_ass

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is an amazing game, so this is great for people who didn't get to play it originally.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#19  Edited By Soap

Um... is this news story from 2010? Seriously? POP trilogy wasn't announced today as I've had a copy of it for about 2 months now. 

MorkkiTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MorkkiTH

mmm... I already have the prince of persia collection. Is this news for the US version...? (I live in europe)

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Ghostiet
    @Soap said:
    " Um... is this news story from 2010? Seriously? POP trilogy wasn't announced today as I've had a copy of it for about 2 months now.  "
    It's talking about disk-based. POP was released in a shitty way on PSN, though.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By benjaebe

Splinter Cell HD collection? Sold. I've been wanting to get my Chaos Theory on for a long, long time.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By cornbredx

I have all these on PC still. I see no need to get them again. It's cool that they're re-releasing them though.

Steve_Ramirez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Steve_Ramirez

Fuck yes! Now please release HD versions of Rainbow Six: 3, and Black Arrow :)

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#25  Edited By Soap
    @Ghostiet said:
    " @Soap said:
    " Um... is this news story from 2010? Seriously? POP trilogy wasn't announced today as I've had a copy of it for about 2 months now.  "
    It's talking about disk-based. POP was released in a shitty way on PSN, though. "
    Yeah I've got the disk based version lol, I guess it didn't come out in the USA yet? :S
    nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By nick_verissimo
    @TaliciaDragonsong: Why ashamed?  I like the idea of these collections because it gives people a chance to play through a series of games that they may have missed out on.  The fact that I can play all of the Sly Cooper games now is okay by me.  Not to mention that whenever that Shadow of the Coloussus/Ico pack gets releaseda lot of people will get to experience Ico for the first time which isn't a bad thing at all.
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#27  Edited By jacksukeru

Seeing as I only still own Warrior Within that PoP collection might be the thing to own. Meh, probably not.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By YoungFrey

My theory is that Sony wants as much 3D content as possible on the PS3 (because Sony sells 3D TVs).  And normal PS3 games are compromised in 3D, either by a terrible frame rate or reduced graphics.  But with remastering old games (in some cases, PS 1 titles) they can make them look myuch better than they were and still get a decent frame rate in 3D.  So far we have: Sly Cooper, Oddworld, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Shadow of the Colossus, and Ico.  So I will be shocked if there isn't a Spyro Pack announced soon.  
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way I would potentially be interested in getting the Splinter Cell pack is if Chaos Theory comes with intact multiplayer. Other than that, I really REALLY hate these HD re-releases for games that appeared only a generation ago.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TorMasturba

I have every Splinter Cell and love them all. Yes, if you're wondering, even the last two! In fact I REALLY loved Double Agent.
    KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

It's lame that it's PS3-only. I absolutely would've bought the PoP collection.

mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By mrcellophane
    @Vod_Crack said:
    " Ubisoft shot themselves in the foot by going PS3 only with this shit. "
    QFT. I would buy the Splinter Cell one for Chaos Theory alone, but my PS3 is getting old and unusable for gaming, so I've bought a 360 so now all my gaming takes place there.
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_verissimo said:
    " @TaliciaDragonsong: Why ashamed?  I like the idea of these collections because it gives people a chance to play through a series of games that they may have missed out on.  The fact that I can play all of the Sly Cooper games now is okay by me.  Not to mention that whenever that Shadow of the Coloussus/Ico pack gets releaseda lot of people will get to experience Ico for the first time which isn't a bad thing at all. "
    I'll grant you the Ico thing, but lots of people already played both of these games, most of them are available for dirt cheap in the bins or on services like xbla or steam...
    Is a HD (HD my ass) remake really worth another 30 bucks?

They're remaking every bloody thing it seems, same how everything became motion sensitive, or will be remade in 3D for the 3DS...its a gimmick, an overused one.
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ghostiet
    @Soap said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    " @Soap said:
    It's talking about disk-based. POP was released in a shitty way on PSN, though. "
    Yeah I've got the disk based version lol, I guess it didn't come out in the USA yet? :S "
    And half of Europe, since I never saw a disk release in Poland.
    ezdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ezdude

Cool I played the first two Splinter Cell games but I didn't play Theory for some reason. I wonder why, hmm... Maybe I'll play it now.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By zityz

This is why I think Blu-Ray is amazing. They can pack all these features and things onto one disc. Probabaly the only reason why it's coming to the PS3 only. Easier and cheaper to shove everything onto 1 disc instead of printing 2. Then again who knows.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By EVO
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " Is a HD (HD my ass) remake really worth another 30 bucks? "
    If you haven't played the games? Yes.

If you have played the game and would like to have them on your current system, on one disc and not look like ass on your HDTV? Yes.
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EVO said:
    " @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    If you haven't played the games? Yes.  If you have played the game and would like to have them on your current system, on one disc and not look like ass on your HDTV? Yes. "
    My entire point being that there's way too many of these remakes.
    First everything's waggle controlled, then its HD remastered, then its 3D.
    How about some new things? New concepts and ideas? Really using the graphics, motion or 3D to its limit?

This might be the best looking generation but its also the blandest one :/
    kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#39  Edited By kalmis

I've played all the original Splinter Cell games so got really no desire to play those again. POP trilogy is something else. Although I got the PS2 trilogy pack already.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By firecracker22

I'm psyched for the Splinter Cell Trilogy. Trophies for re-playing those three Splinter Cell games with an HD kicked in is awesome.  

I would imagine it has the extra Playstation 2 levels that the Xbox versions didn't get, so I'll finally get to play those.  

I'm curious if the Co-op wil be in as well as Online multiplayer...
    dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dvorak

I would gladly pay the $40 bucks for an HD remake of Chaos Theory. It's the best of the first three by far.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By EVO
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " @EVO said:
    If you haven't played the games? Yes.  If you have played the game and would like to have them on your current system, on one disc and not look like ass on your HDTV? Yes. "
    My entire point being that there's way too many of these remakes. First everything's waggle controlled, then its HD remastered, then its 3D. How about some new things? New concepts and ideas? Really using the graphics, motion or 3D to its limit?  This might be the best looking generation but its also the blandest one :/ "
    While they may be old to you, they're new to millions of people out there that haven't played these games. All of which are defining games of the last generation and should be available to everyone to play.
    nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By nick_verissimo
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " @EVO said:
    My entire point being that there's way too many of these remakes. First everything's waggle controlled, then its HD remastered, then its 3D. How about some new things? New concepts and ideas? Really using the graphics, motion or 3D to its limit?  This might be the best looking generation but its also the blandest one :/ "
    You're point is valid about a lot of stuff being overused or not implemented all that well, but you're also being a little hyperbolic over this whole thing.  These games are for people who, as @EVO said, didn't get to play them or want to play them on your current console.  It's not hurting anyone by putting these things out and calling this generation bland is sort of crazy when you consider the world's we've gotten to explore in games like Mass Effect and Red Dead Redemption.  Motion controls and 3D are in my periphery and I don't really consider them when I think of what this generation of consoles has given me.  I haven't had this much fun since the SNES days.
    Avatar image for amplifiedmuffin
    AmplifiedMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AmplifiedMuffin

Too bad it'll be the shitty PS2 versions instead of the superior Xbox versions of the Splinter Cell games. :/

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SSully
    @GhostlyKiller: That would be amazing. Its worth a buy for the singleplayer alone though, God do i miss what splinter cell used to be, a stealth game. 
    tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By tomance

I'll probably get the PoP ones.  I wonder how well the splinter cell games hold up.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AgentofChaos

If they use the Conviction engine, I would CERTAINLY be excited to play the old Splinter Cell games again.

ThePilgrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ThePilgrums

The Prince of Persia one is already out, dude. Crack researching skill as usual, Nicholson.

Norusdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Norusdog

couldn't care less about Splinter Cell but Prince of Persia interests me a little...may check it out eventually..finally.  only played first one a bit (which was cool) and then the cell-shaded one (which I didn't like.)

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jack268

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.