Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Split/Second

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Split/Second is an arcade racing game by developer Black Rock Studio. The game takes place in a made-for-TV city designed for destruction.

Corrupted Saves

Bitterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bitterman

I have Split/Second for the PC and have been having a corrupted save file issue for quite some time now.  I am on my third play through of the game since it keeps corrupting the save file and deleting all my content.  This most recent attempt, I backup the save file after every episode I complete.  I recently just made it to episode 6, but no matter what race I do the autosave will fail and the save file will corrupt.  While my backups work,  the result is always the same. The first time this all happened the game failed at episode 8, the second time was at episode 5, now there seems to be something wrong with episode 6.  Has anyone found any solution to this? I am really getting tired of playing the same thing over and over.  If it helps, these are some basic specs for my computer:

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
    AMD Phenom II X4 810 Processor (2.6 GHz)
    4 gigs of DDR2 Dual Channel RAM

Running the game at 1920 x 1080 resolution with graphics set to "high", vsync is turned off.

Any suggestions?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I was looking around and couldn't really find any known issues with corrupt saves. If I had to guess, maybe your hard drive is bad? Maybe you have a virus? Maybe it's because you're running 64 bit windows 7? 

I'm no expert though, so idk.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By demontium

google.... you have failed me.

Bitterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bitterman
    All google has told me is to back up my saves and just deal with it.  Well I have backed up my saves and it keeps failing me.  At least I didn't lose all my data this time.  There is a DLC pack out for the console version that unlocks everything, but I have found no word on that coming to PC yet.  This is really starting to piss me off, and yet this game is still so fun.  I haven't bought a racing game since Need for Speed 3 back in 98, and go figure I break the trend and I get a broken game.
    Bitterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bitterman

Well to anyone with a similar problem I found a bit of a solution.  After receiving the "autosave fail" notice, I went ahead and quickly played another race on a different track.  I did poorly so that the game would end quickly, and lo and behold the game saved correctly.  I exited the game and came back in and got no error message about a corrupt save file.  I'm still gonna keep making incremental backups for it though.

iSoLateD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iSoLateD1

Everyone who is having the PC save game corruption issue, as I am, please submit a support request to Disney. If they see many people are having the problem, they will be more inclined to fix it.

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

man this is why console is best at gaming. is not all about graphic. its about overall moral.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.