Season 3 Detonator

#1 Posted by Hammerjelly (221 posts) -

Ok, so I've done the detonator in season 3 at least 10-15 times and I can only get within 2-3 seconds of first place. I've tried drifting, not drifting, and combinations of both. Did anyone else have problems with this one? Or is there a shortcut that I haven't seen?

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10902 posts) -

Is this the one with the truck? The same thing keeps happening to me too (on a couple of the detonators actually). 

I think the problem is that they expect of a level of skill above that of players like me.

#3 Posted by Hammerjelly (221 posts) -

yeah its the one with the Truck. Its ridiculous. I have no real problems with the races or  other modes, I can place first in those ok. But these Detonator events are stupidly hard.

#4 Posted by CowboyBebopper (170 posts) -

Try backing up a bit more behind the finish line at the very start of the race. The timer doesn't start until you cross the starting/finish line so you can back up and gain more speed in your beginning.

#5 Posted by Chaser324 (6411 posts) -
@CowboyBebopper: 
Wow! I'm definitely going to have to try this. It could definitely shave several seconds off my time.
Moderator Online
#6 Posted by cool_myll (23 posts) -

Yeah the detonator was the hardest for me to get first too. With a little practice (and no collisions) you can get fist eventually. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.