Three DLC Packs Coming To Split/Second This Month

Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

More content is speeding to Split/Second in the coming months. The game's first three downloadable content packs--which will join a stable of downloadable unlocks that have been available on PSN and XLBM--are all slated to be released "later this month." A fourth pack, which will include a "new environment," is coming in September.

Details on all the forthcoming DLC are light at this point, but we do know that the first pack will "provide new liveries to really make your turbo-powered Elite vehicles stand out," according to the game's official Facebook page. The second pack will feature the super-charged car pictured just below, while the third pack will be free--a gift to fans of the game "based on the original classic, the Ryback Cyclone."   

It's unknown if the fourth pack will feature more than just a "new environment," but a man can wish for more space needle topplin' action.

Split/Second is a ridiculous arcade racer, crafted by Black Rock Studio. It released in mid-May and received universal praise for its basics and its standout Power Play mechanic, which gives users the ability to smash up the environment. Read our review if you want to know what's up.    
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

More content is speeding to Split/Second in the coming months. The game's first three downloadable content packs--which will join a stable of downloadable unlocks that have been available on PSN and XLBM--are all slated to be released "later this month." A fourth pack, which will include a "new environment," is coming in September.

Details on all the forthcoming DLC are light at this point, but we do know that the first pack will "provide new liveries to really make your turbo-powered Elite vehicles stand out," according to the game's official Facebook page. The second pack will feature the super-charged car pictured just below, while the third pack will be free--a gift to fans of the game "based on the original classic, the Ryback Cyclone."   

It's unknown if the fourth pack will feature more than just a "new environment," but a man can wish for more space needle topplin' action.

Split/Second is a ridiculous arcade racer, crafted by Black Rock Studio. It released in mid-May and received universal praise for its basics and its standout Power Play mechanic, which gives users the ability to smash up the environment. Read our review if you want to know what's up.    
#2 Edited by daltimond (100 posts) -

Awesome. I still have yet to get the game but this makes me want it more

#3 Posted by fognl (6 posts) -

hrmm..

#4 Posted by BombaLuigi (154 posts) -

to late.

#5 Posted by kurtduane (12 posts) -

Hrmmm.

#6 Posted by CountDog (45 posts) -

My friend will love hearing about this, it's pretty much the ONLY racing game he has ever played and liked in his 26 years of living.

#7 Posted by PaulyBoy (3 posts) -

Sweet. My friend and I were looking to get back into the online scene for this game. This just gives us the extra kick.

#8 Posted by everjump (28 posts) -

I haven't tried the game yet:(

#9 Posted by Hammerjelly (221 posts) -

Maybe they should patch in difficulties as well.

#10 Posted by xMrSunshine (361 posts) -

Great. Old game that gets something that it needed at launch. And now you get to pay for it!

#11 Posted by zudthespud (3283 posts) -

I am going to have a lot of fun with this game when I buy it for £10 sometime in the future. I wouldn't spend any more than that.

#12 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

I look forward to seeing any new tracks for the game

#13 Posted by Brackynews (4090 posts) -

The Fiery Bus returns!!

#14 Posted by Eribuster (499 posts) -

Finally, they fill in that missing square in the track selection.

#15 Posted by Jiimmii (19 posts) -

I may have to re-rent this just for S-rank maintenance

#16 Posted by Enigma777 (6076 posts) -

Sweet!

#17 Posted by Lambeaus (11 posts) -

Awesome. Game is awesome but needs new content. I finished the 'storyline' in two days but haven't touched it since.

#18 Posted by bunnyboiler (399 posts) -

Blur is so much better.

#19 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

i expected them to be adding a light bike to it

#20 Posted by Supermarius (1196 posts) -

man, why cant we get some Blur DLC. It's an activision game, for god's sake.

#21 Posted by Solh0und (1795 posts) -
@bunnyboiler said:
" Blur is so much better. "
Agreed. And I only played the BETA
#22 Posted by TheKing (844 posts) -

YES PLEASE! Racing GOTY.

#23 Posted by jbuchan76 (156 posts) -

sweet! can't wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.