Cannot Use the D-Pad to move :(

#1 Posted by The_A_Drain (3973 posts) -

Big frowny face on this one, would have liked to use the d-pad for a 2d platformer, but oh well :\

Just a warning to anyone who wants to use the d-pad, you cant.

#2 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -

Or can you?

#3 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

*Insert statement for how shit the 360's D-Pad is*

#4 Posted by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -

*Insert Statement for how amazing the Logitech Rumblepad 2 is for having a D-Pad/Analog Stick Swap button*

#5 Posted by The_A_Drain (3973 posts) -

Doesn't matter that the 360 d-pad is crap, it only needs to register left and right, and seeing as i've had my pad since the Elite launch, the analogue stick is starting to become clunky and stick on occasion, I was just kinda hoping I could use the d-pad as for simple left and right movement it's a little mroe comfortable, and helps conserve my analogue sticks life.

#6 Posted by Jedted (2411 posts) -
@The_A_Drain said:
"Doesn't matter that the 360 d-pad is crap, it only needs to register left and right, and seeing as i've had my pad since the Elite launch, the analogue stick is starting to become clunky and stick on occasion, I was just kinda hoping I could use the d-pad as for simple left and right movement it's a little mroe comfortable, and helps conserve my analogue sticks life. "
I didn't know the analog stick wore out so fast.  I've never had any issue with using the analog stick in a 2d game.
#7 Posted by DrainDeimo (120 posts) -

I honestly haven't used the d-pad unless I have to. You know if there is an option to use the sticks I use it.

#8 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2913 posts) -

2d games with an analog stick just do not feel right to me.

#9 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1484 posts) -
@SuperfluousMoniker said:
" 2d games with an analog stick just do not feel right to me. "
Too true.
#10 Posted by StarFoxA (5163 posts) -

But can you use it to SPLODE?!?!?

#11 Posted by The_A_Drain (3973 posts) -
@Jedted said:
"@The_A_Drain said:
"Doesn't matter that the 360 d-pad is crap, it only needs to register left and right, and seeing as i've had my pad since the Elite launch, the analogue stick is starting to become clunky and stick on occasion, I was just kinda hoping I could use the d-pad as for simple left and right movement it's a little mroe comfortable, and helps conserve my analogue sticks life. "
I didn't know the analog stick wore out so fast.  I've never had any issue with using the analog stick in a 2d game."

Yeah but mined see a lot of use haha :D andthe pad gets dropped on occasion because i'm clumsy :P whereas the d-pad sees almost no use.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.