E-Mail for extinct creatures?

#1 Edited by Vlademir (1029 posts) -

I remember a while ago it was said that if your creature went extinct on another player's game, you would be sent an e-mail telling you. So far I've been playing for 4 days and nothing. I would expect that with the decent amount of players right now that someone would have extinct my creature by now.

Can anyone confirm/deny that this is still a feature of the game? Maybe my creature is just too amazing to become extinct! :P

#2 Posted by Otacon (2208 posts) -

You get an update on your main My Spore page it only gives you the most recent four, and may only come from those on your buddies list, I'm not sure.

#3 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -

Most creatures I've met are made by Maxis or myself.

#4 Posted by Gamer_152 (14053 posts) -

I can't confirm or deny for sure but there were so many different things they came up with and developed that didn't go into the final game, this is probably one of them.

#5 Posted by Skilbs (39 posts) -
Otacon said:
"You get an update on your main My Spore page it only gives you the most recent four, and may only come from those on your buddies list, I'm not sure."
In the in game sporepedia on the my spore page there is a box labeled events and it lists when creatures are allied,  extincted, added to posse, epics, etc. It is not just for buddies.
#6 Edited by HitNRun (344 posts) -
Vlademir said:
"I remember a while ago it was said that if your creature went extinct on another player's game, you would be sent an e-mail telling you. So far I've been playing for 4 days and nothing. I would expect that with the decent amount of players right now that someone would have extinct my creature by now.
Not necessarily. There are 14 millionish creatures in the search right now. And most players will get Maxis stuff on their first playthrough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.