Is Spore right for me?

#1 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

Believe me when I say I've not a creative bone in my body. In any given game, character customization is the last thing I do, after I've run out of other things, and I don't have a particularly fun time doing it.
So I ask: Is the gameplay in Spore alone enough to justify a purchase? It doesn't look like much. A dumbed-down Civ, maybe, but we have one of those already. It's Revolution.

#2 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Are you a casual gamer?

>y

>n

Any answer resulting in 'Y', categorizes you as a suitable match for Spore! Congratulations gamer!

#3 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

D: Thank you, multiple-choice stranger!

#4 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

Ask your doctor if Spore is right for you.

#5 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Check your genitals for Spore today.

#6 Posted by HitNRun (344 posts) -

Spore is prohibited by federal and state law except in cases of medical necessity approved and prescribed by a doctor.

#7 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

Spore? In my vagina?

#8 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Current profile studies indicate that you are 98.99999999999999999% unlikely to have a Vulva. Please stand by and await further Civil Authority instructions.

#9 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

I think this thread can be dragged to the backyard and shot.

Or locked.

#10 Posted by Otacon (2194 posts) -

It's a pretty casual experience but fun all the same. A lot of the customization of your creature if you play the game from cell onwards is for practical benefit. When prompted to create buildings or ships you can just find someone else's online that you like. I'd say it's still worth a purchase.

#11 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -
Otacon said:
"It's a pretty casual experience but fun all the same. A lot of the customization of your creature if you play the game from cell onwards is for practical benefit. When prompted to create buildings or ships you can just find someone else's online that you like. I'd say it's still worth a purchase."
An opinion! Whoo! Thanks. I'm still looking into it.
#12 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I want to try it out before I get it. Do they offer a demo?

#13 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"I want to try it out before I get it. Do they offer a demo?"
You can find a trial here: http://www.spore.com/trial
#14 Posted by Kyle (2323 posts) -

nah, don't bother. creation is really the driving motivation in the game. i dont see how someone who hates character creation would like it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.