LOLWUT A SPORE MOVIE?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

**CREDIT TO GAMESPOT.COM**  

"The month before Spore went on sale last September, its creator, Will Wright, said the triple-platinum game might expand into films. And though the famed designer has since left Electronic Arts, the Spore movie idea apparently lived on. Today, Varietyreports that 20th Century Fox is indeed making a computer-generated movie based on the evolution-civilization-space exploration sim.

The project is in development at Fox's Blue Sky Studios, the studio behind the tepidly reviewed Ice Age movies. Ice Age director Chris Wedge will direct, with Greg Erb and Jason Oremland, who wrote Disney's upcoming The Princess and the Frog, penning the script.

"I'm always looking for unique worlds to go to in animation," Wedge told Variety. "From every perspective--visually, thematically, and comedically--the world of Spore provides the potential to put something truly original on the screen."

Patrick O'Brien, vice president of Electronic Arts' licensing arm EA Entertainment, will produce the Spore movie, along with Lucy Bradshaw, vice president of the game's developer, Maxis. Wright, who founded Maxis, left the EA-owned studio earlier this year to form an entertainment think tank, Stupid Fun Club.

Other EA movie projects in development include The Sims, also at 20th Century Fox, and Army of Two, Dead Space, Dante's Inferno, and Mass Effect."  

i..i just don't know anymore. seriously, what the fuck? a SPORE movie? does that game even have a plot? and A SIMS MOVIE?! i am offended by this blasphemy!  

what are your thoughts, GB community?   

article here:http://www.gamespot.com/news/6231262.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1
#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13131 posts) -

It makes me wonder what happened to that Sims movie that was supposed to be in production...

#3 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

I'm too tired to give an articulate opinion of sorts but in my head I've got "Videogames that are translated into movies are never good. Why havn't anyone outside the industry realised this?".

#4 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -

Hey I saw Army of 2 and was interested.

#5 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -
#6 Posted by Creamypies (4044 posts) -
#7 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

This will fail, if not it will be terrible.

#8 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -
@Brunchies said:
" This will fail, if not it will be terrible. "
sir, there is no way that a movie like this could be a success. it will fail horribly.  
#9 Posted by Creamypies (4044 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" @creamypies said:
" Haha I already reported this yesterday. "
ahh..sorry i didn't see that :\ "
Nice time travelling btw. Don't worry about it though, the search function is pretty useless most of the time.
#10 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3695 posts) -

The time paradox must be corrected!

#11 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum said:
" The time paradox must be corrected! "
how i love the time issues on giant bomb
#12 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Locking this down since we already have a topic covering this, feel free to cross over any posts or links to further information on this into that topic :)

Link to existing topic!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.