OK, this blows.

#1 Posted by TheJollyRajah (1576 posts) -

I buy this game off Amazon, since it was cheaper there than anywhere else. Only $13. So yeah, I buy it,  download it, and well what do ya know, technical difficulties occur halfway through the download process. I was three hours into the download and only had 1.6 gigs out of 3.8! Amazon download speeds suck @ss. Well now when I try to restart, it says it's unable to. And when I first purchased this game, Amazon only gave me two hours to download the client.... so am I screwed?! I have the activation code, but I can't get my game. This is BS. I'm not dowloading from Amazon again. Steam all the way.
#2 Posted by pwnasaurus (1286 posts) -

its spore you are not missing anything. aside from your bandwidth maybe.

#3 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

I played Spore for an hour, and then took a shit while I read USA today.  That's how interesting Spore was. 

One of the most forgettable games this generation, despite the promise and hype.

#4 Posted by taco484 (120 posts) -

contact amazon...

#5 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -
@taco484 said:
" contact amazon... "
This. Why was your #1 solution to post it here? Call an Amazon support person.
#6 Posted by TheJollyRajah (1576 posts) -

Ugh I'm too lazy. 13 bucks is not enough for me to rage about... so my loss I guessss........ :(
#7 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

You know Steam was selling it for less than 10 bucks during some sale right?

#8 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2908 posts) -

Well, it is twice as much on Steam. I didn't even know you could download games straight off Amazon.

#9 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

First off, I didn't know Amazon allows downloads. Second, wouldn't they send you a boxed copy?

#10 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

So you're complaining about this, but you're too lazy to actually contact Amazon?   

*leaves

#11 Posted by TheJollyRajah (1576 posts) -

:D
#12 Posted by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -

Amazon has one of the best CS support out there... Hell I'm pretty sure they'll also give you some credit for your troubles.

#13 Edited by Damodar (1391 posts) -
@Enigma777:  Agreed, it's worth a try just so you can potentially get something better out of all this than Spore. Spore is kinda fucked... 

EDIT: My 300th post was about Spore... LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO, OP >:(
#14 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Why would there be a 2 hour limit for a nearly 4 GB game? Idiotic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.