Pirates win over EA?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tekmojo (2301 posts) -

Thousands of seeds already, is this a slap in the face of the almighty EA?

shame on u will wright
#2 Posted by Jecrell (241 posts) -

Possibly thousands of law suits :O

#3 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -

Wait, it's up?

O LAWD

But it's not out until sunday!

Is it the crazy russian leak again?

#4 Posted by Jecrell (241 posts) -

I think it's because the game went gold sometime last week?

#5 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

MAJOR HEADLINE

PIRATES FUCK EA

EA FUCKS LEGIT GAMERS

#6 Posted by HitNRun (344 posts) -

I'd really like to buy this game, (as opposed to, you know, the alternative) but EA is making it very hard.

#7 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

All I have to say is, the game is awesome, but if EA really wants this shit to stop, take the time to make CD Keys that can't be reused.

Damn, rehashed CD Key system in every game.

#8 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

Or EA should just stop trying to lock out pirates, because they always break the encryption, and it's the regular gamers who bought the game legitimately that have to suffer the goddamn DRM shenanigans for it.

#9 Posted by breton (1437 posts) -
Major said:
Don't buy it.
=/
#10 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -
Major said:
"Don't buy it."

Buy it with it filled with needless DRM bullshit when it should just have a Key? 

Don't think I will, thank you very much. Enjoy owning a useless DVD after your third install.
#11 Posted by PufferFiz (1379 posts) -

Sony pulled this shit a while ago and that back fired big time. So i expect something along those lines here too. and Honestly all this does is ENCOURAGE downloading cuse like me want to stick it to EA.

#12 Edited by Demilich (2599 posts) -
Major said:
"Demilich said:
"

MAJOR HEADLINE

PIRATES FUCK EA

EA FUCKS LEGIT GAMERS

Why fault a company for trying to protect their product? I get the idea that you're just a lazy shit that doesn't want to punch in a code every week and a half.

Don't like it? Don't buy it."

Lol ok. I won't buy it.
#13 Posted by coolof (80 posts) -

Every game gets pirated and this game is released here in Europe today (I will pick up my Galactic Edition later) and a friend of mine got her copy yesterday. But why play a game that is so heavy on custom content without a legit copy so you wont get the stuff other users create?

Spore for me have been a game that basically require a purchase to get the most out of, just like a game like Battlefield2 where you basically miss half the game if you don't play on ranked servers. I guess it might be possible to get around this somehow though...

I guess the copy protection might be another factor, personally I use a Mac so I don't really have to worry?

#14 Posted by Mourne (789 posts) -

Companies will eventually figure out that gamers do not want DRM in their games. I mean, don't get me wrong... I'm all for protecting the games themselves, but this isn't the way to do it. I don't know what is, but jumping at the first possible solution hardly seems like the answer.

#15 Edited by MB (12247 posts) -
Patchinko said:

Don't think I will, thank you very much. Enjoy owning a useless DVD after your third install.
EA has already made official statements in the past about the DRM on Mass Effect PC, which uses the same DRM system as Spore.  Also, the 10-day periodic reautthentication of both titles has been dropped. 

"This solution allows gamers to authenticate their game on three different computers with the purchase of one disc. EA Customer Service is on hand to supply any additional authorizations that are warranted. This will be done on a case-by-case basis by contacting customer support."

I know it's the cool thing right now to hate EA and all that they stand for, and typically I agree that EA sucks, but the hate is somewhat unwarranted in this case.  If you guys think this is bad, wait till you see the DRM scheme that Blizzard is working on for Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.  It'll blow your mind - just you watch.  That being said, there is already an existing Spore DRM discussion going on here, let's continue the discussion in that thread. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.