Would this game run on the bottom of the range macbook
2.1ghz dual core
1gbram

#2 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Intel-based Mac

• Mac OS X 10.5.3 Leopard or higher
  • Intel Core Duo Processor
  • 1024 MB RAM
  • 128MB ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100
  • At least 4.7GB of free hard drive space, on top of "additional space for creations"

Spore will not support older, PowerPC-based Macs.

Supported Mac-compatible Graphics Cards

ATI Radeon series

• X1600, X1900
  • HD 2400, HD 2600

NVIDIA GeForce series

• 7300, 7600, 8600, 8800

Intel Extreme Graphics (Integrated)

• GMA X3100

So... yes.
#3 Posted by 8xBiT (140 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"

Intel-based Mac

• Mac OS X 10.5.3 Leopard or higher
  • Intel Core Duo Processor
  • 1024 MB RAM
  • 128MB ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100
  • At least 4.7GB of free hard drive space, on top of "additional space for creations"

Spore will not support older, PowerPC-based Macs.

Supported Mac-compatible Graphics Cards

ATI Radeon series

• X1600, X1900
  • HD 2400, HD 2600

NVIDIA GeForce series

• 7300, 7600, 8600, 8800

Intel Extreme Graphics (Integrated)

• GMA X3100

So... yes.
"
thnx
#4 Posted by MerlijnVH (108 posts) -

I'm pretty sure it will run, as the previous post pointed out, the integrated graphics card of the MacBook is technically supported. Don't expect that you will be able to run everything on maximum settings though. Low to medium settings will probably get you the best framerates on a MacBook. Getting a MacBook Pro would let you play all the latest Mac & PC games, although the price range shoots up quite a bit.

#5 Posted by 8xBiT (140 posts) -
MerlijnVH said:
"I'm pretty sure it will run, as the previous post pointed out, the integrated graphics card of the MacBook is technically supported. Don't expect that you will be able to run everything on maximum settings though. Low to medium settings will probably get you the best framerates on a MacBook. Getting a MacBook Pro would let you play all the latest Mac & PC games, although the price range shoots up quite a bit."
yeah i would get a mac book pro but it is nearly double the price
#6 Edited by cgrady (99 posts) -

doesn't work with tiger.. so i have to buy leopard to play it? :/

#7 Posted by TheKillerFuzz (6 posts) -

yeah

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.