Spore - Epic monster Take down! - am i the first to do so?

#1 Edited by DeadlyPain (397 posts) -
Thats my creation by the way! :D

Look at the bloody size of him!

Woot!

and here he is dead! :D lmao
people actually gathered and i basked in my glory!

Have you managed to kill one yet? haha
#2 Posted by Rowr (5671 posts) -

sounds like you are enjoying the game.

#3 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

No. But he is a cunt. Always blocking my paths.

#4 Posted by DeadlyPain (397 posts) -
Rowr said:
"sounds like you are enjoying the game."

Loving the game! :D
#5 Posted by Billabong81 (61 posts) -

I've only seen one and I just avoided it.  Didn't seem worth the trouble.  Let us know if taking down an epic has any benefits in the later stages of the game!

#6 Posted by DeadlyPain (397 posts) -
Billabong81 said:
"I've only seen one and I just avoided it.  Didn't seem worth the trouble.  Let us know if taking down an epic has any benefits in the later stages of the game!"

Well, it unlocks an achievement - thats not a spoiler as you can find that out by reading the achievements page xD

as far as i know thats all it does, but damn, there name "Epic" is smack on, trying to take one down is fucking HARD - go and try it :D
#7 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

Awesome man, I`m still waiting for my copy to arrive, I can`t wait any longer with all this talk of it going around, ugghhh.

#8 Posted by krazychris (210 posts) -

They didn't really cause any trouble for be so I just left them.

#9 Posted by Sinnocent (3 posts) -

How did you manage it? Did your allies help you out or did you solo it? xD

Because I tried, and I have no allies, and he basically 1 shot me.

#10 Posted by Ubergeist (416 posts) -

Man there are so many Epics on my planet. I've yet to try taking one down.

#11 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -
DeadlyPain said:
"
Thats my creation by the way! :D

Look at the bloody size of him!

Woot!

and here he is dead! :D lmao
people actually gathered and i basked in my glory!

Have you managed to kill one yet? haha"
Is screenshot from the Mac or PC? Is this game any good, because gamespot gave it an 8, but it was another one of Kevin Van Ord's reviews were he's like: Spore can be very boring and repitive at times, but is still a great game...what are your impressions...
#12 Posted by DeadlyPain (397 posts) -
Sinnocent said:
"How did you manage it? Did your allies help you out or did you solo it? xD

Because I tried, and I have no allies, and he basically 1 shot me."

i solo'ed it, the other creatures just stood there and kept waving at me ¬_¬ oh how fecking helpful lmao
im not going to say how :P

giyanks22 said:
 Is screenshot from the Mac or PC? Is this game any good, because gamespot gave it an 8, but it was another one of Kevin Van Ord's reviews were he's like: Spore can be very boring and repitive at times, but is still a great game...what are your impressions..."

its the PC version.
#13 Posted by sketch (194 posts) -

There was an epic creature attacking my city during civ phase, unfortunatley I couldnt seem to attack him with any vehicles, and he repeatedly one shotted my turrets. He just kinda repeatedly kicked the town hall, but not much else happened. In the end I hit the city with that really expensive bomb, then placed loads of turrets...

#14 Posted by Sinnocent (3 posts) -

I almost killed one myself, but since I'm a carnivore I had to stop and kill other things to get food. So he got away and I couldn't find him again. xD

#15 Posted by mikevanpwn (401 posts) -
giyanks22 said:
Is screenshot from the Mac or PC? Is this game any good, because gamespot gave it an 8, but it was another one of Kevin Van Ord's reviews were he's like: Spore can be very boring and repitive at times, but is still a great game...what are your impressions..."
I know I cant stand his reviews, they make no sense what-so-ever.

I cant wait for this game I'm going to buy it after work and install it when I get home this afternoon. :D
#16 Posted by Dreadnought (7 posts) -

Oooh spore.   I like spore.   To bad I'm in france.  >.<

#17 Posted by Kohe321 (3529 posts) -

Getting spore tomorow!

#18 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

i had a giant grasshopper in my game. took him down and my tribe had enough food to last for weeks.

#19 Posted by DeadlyPain (397 posts) -
Gunner said:
"i had a giant grasshopper in my game. took him down and my tribe had enough food to last for weeks."

now take one down in creature stage :)
#20 Edited by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

Man you are tempting me to buy this game, i really want to try it and at the same time i don't know if its worth it.

#21 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -
DeadlyPain said:
"Gunner said:
"i had a giant grasshopper in my game. took him down and my tribe had enough food to last for weeks."

now take one down in creature stage :)"
I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!

ill have some screens up soon.
#22 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Ahhhh looks sick

#23 Posted by EntwineX (74 posts) -

I tried to take one down and got owned. :P

#24 Posted by Carlos (504 posts) -

That's awesome, the epic on my planet looks like a huge plant!!

#25 Posted by trav3ler (168 posts) -

Baaaaahh, you're all making it hard to wait for my computer to come back from the shop so I can play...

Nice job dude.

#26 Posted by DeadlyPain (397 posts) -
trav3ler said:
"Baaaaahh, you're all making it hard to wait for my computer to come back from the shop so I can play...

Nice job dude."

thanks

lol - yeah, sucks to be you at the moment hehe
Creature stage rocks, my second planet is staying on it till i kill everything!.....which i think is impossible but still! lol - i'll find out eventually :P
#27 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

I only took out those epics or giants in the civ stage. Just kept blasting them with some of my tie fighters.

Yes, I have Star Wars themed vehicles. >:(

#28 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

Sounds cool, I'm still rocking a Geforce 4200 in 2008 so I dont think my computer could handle it :P

#29 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Haven't destroyed an epic in creature stage, glad to see that someone else is absolutely loving the game though!

#30 Posted by Kamikirasan (1 posts) -

Taking down an epic. I just started early today and did it with ease.  First one i just made em chase me till i found another epic as they do some times attack each other.  I dont count that though.  The second one i got the achevment from by calling in allies while at an allied base and useing my own creatures plus one 250.  he was just screaming and refused to attack or take flight. the third took awhile because i did solo.  my next victom is going to take even longer as im going to simply follow him untill he dies of his own accord. if you need help taking down an epic check out the wiki on the matter.  It doesnt have my solo trick but it is rather good.  My trick was to spit and simply walk through tree's (as some epics do not use spit this will work.)

#31 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

cracked spore ftw.  The game is alright so far.  For being so shallow it still is pretty enjoyable like Dynasty Warriors ;X

#32 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

Dam thats a good effort il have to give it a try, lets hope or a good outcome.

#33 Posted by DeadlyPain (397 posts) -
Kamikirasan said:
 My trick was to spit and simply walk through tree's (as some epics do not use spit this will work.)"

:) we have a winner - its the safest way to do it, it take FOREVER though lol
just simply used WASD and walk backwards while at all times spitting at it

However

not all epic creatures are slow - some are actually quite fast, and that trick won't work lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.