Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spore

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 07, 2008

Simulate the development and progression of an alien species as it evolves from a single-celled organism to a sapient level, rises up through various stages of civilization, and eventually becomes a space-faring species.

Spore is kind of brutal

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By mikevanpwn

Has anyone been a carnivore and just run around eating every other creature in sight?  Like you seriously feel bad after a few kills and especially guilty when the other creatures of the nest go run and hide behind trees.  I felt pretty bad and stopped playing that file that I was rampaging in. lol

The game has an E10+ rating but it seems even then a bit too gruesome at times.  Like in the cell phase where killing a dude will have him roll over with meat chunks and purple goo come flowing out.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Rowr

Its the circle of life.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By m1k3

Hey its "kill or be killed"

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Emilio

Good thing I'm Omnivore.

dDefinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By dDefinder

Maybe its a good thing its not like that Spore in E3 2005 demo? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By KindGalaxy

Whenever the other creatures run away from me I feel pissed, fuckers are slowing my progression down.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeadlyPain
    dDefinder said:
    "Maybe its a good thing its not like that Spore in E3 2005 demo? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA"
    that actually looks better - the skeletal system looks better, and you can create underwater creature :/
    the new one just looks too....cartoony i know they dulled it down for the younger folk, but damn you have to admit, it looked better back then.......
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

It still locked pretty cartoony to me...that old video I mean. Don't really notice the huge difference,besides a bit of blood on the guys when they die..was that taken out of this version?

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By StaticFalconar

Spore isn't kind of brutal, you are kinda of brutal for killing all of them.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kohe321

Feel bad for that? No, can't say I do.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By SSbabel

Just how things are, deal with it.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

God Loves, Man Kills.   I think I'll be a herbivore.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By BoG
    mikevanpwn said:
    "Has anyone been a carnivore and just run around eating every other creature in sight?  Like you seriously feel bad after a few kills and especially guilty when the other creatures of the nest go run and hide behind trees.  I felt pretty bad and stopped playing that file that I was rampaging in. lol

The game has an E10+ rating but it seems even then a bit too gruesome at times.  Like in the cell phase where killing a dude will have him roll over with meat chunks and purple goo come flowing out."
    Survival of the fittest. You're obviously to weak to be spared, so natural selection will destroy you and your puny race!
    giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14  Edited By giyanks22
    mikevanpwn said:
    "Has anyone been a carnivore and just run around eating every other creature in sight?  Like you seriously feel bad after a few kills and especially guilty when the other creatures of the nest go run and hide behind trees.  I felt pretty bad and stopped playing that file that I was rampaging in. lol

The game has an E10+ rating but it seems even then a bit too gruesome at times.  Like in the cell phase where killing a dude will have him roll over with meat chunks and purple goo come flowing out."
    lol.. I really cannot wait to get this game.
    mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mikevanpwn
    BoG said:
    "mikevanpwn said:

Survival of the fittest. You're obviously to weak to be spared, so natural selection will destroy you and your puny race!"
    Not if I play as a socialite herbivore with friends in high places! :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.