Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spore

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 07, 2008

Simulate the development and progression of an alien species as it evolves from a single-celled organism to a sapient level, rises up through various stages of civilization, and eventually becomes a space-faring species.

Spore patch problems

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DeadlyPain

Patch error

"Old file not found. however, a file of the same was found, no update done since contents differ."

Right, stupid patch, mind telling me what the damn file is?, No? Then how am i suppose to know what bloody file your on about ¬_¬

if i have to reinstall the fucking game just to patch im going to be pissed off, Spore has a 3install limit, this kind of error patch is the reason why people like me are now getting pissed of at the fucking DRM shitty fucking attempt at getting around piracy

Considering the patch isn't needed it can wait till its been fixed, but DAMN IT ¬_¬ just annoyed that i can't do a reinstall without fucking up my 3 install limit :/

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By VACkillers

dont reinstall the game just yet... i feel your pain....

try re-downloading the patch from a different location, sometimes patch errors accure on different sites unless you did the ea downloader thing....

but that just sucks.... i haven't patched mine yet, the game runs superbly for me, no need for me to patch my game so im not gonna bother

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By lazyturtle
    DeadlyPain said:

, Spore has a 3install limit

"
    Ok I maybe wrong here (I'm sure someone will correct if I am) but it was my understanding that if you were to uninstall the program that you would still have 3 installs. I THINK that the 3 limit means that you can have it installed on 3 computers at a time, not 3 times EVER.
    DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeadlyPain
    lazyturtle said:
    "DeadlyPain said:

, Spore has a 3install limit

"
    Ok I maybe wrong here (I'm sure someone will correct if I am) but it was my understanding that if you were to uninstall the program that you would still have 3 installs. I THINK that the 3 limit means that you can have it installed on 3 computers at a time, not 3 times EVER."
    Nope - 3 installs is your limit reguardless of uninstalling
    However EA are "apparently" Reworking it from 3 to 5 install, and removing the limit - So as long as you uninstall the game you can reinstall and still have your max allowed etc

But until that happens i can't reinstall the game or reformat my HDD untill im 100% sure that i know my game is safe from this bullshit ¬_¬

Yes DRM is a great anti-piracy, but its a complete pain in the arse to legit buyer :(
    lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By lazyturtle

Huh...I thought I heard on the bombcast that it worked that way...

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ryanwho

Nah turtle you're right.  You regain the install once you uninstall.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeadlyPain
    ryanwho said:
    "Nah turtle you're right.  You regain the install once you uninstall."

hes right now - EA are going to be doing that, but before EA chose to do that, 3 installs were your limit reguardless of uninstalling - it'll now be 5 systems with unlimited reinstalls
    coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By coakroach

patch does what now?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.