Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spore

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 07, 2008

Simulate the development and progression of an alien species as it evolves from a single-celled organism to a sapient level, rises up through various stages of civilization, and eventually becomes a space-faring species.

Spore review

bunniecorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By bunniecorps

(OK so some of you said that there were too many parts. So I deleted all the other parts to make one long review.) 

From the fantastic minds of the creators of Sims comes a new game... Spore! In this game you create an organism that evolves in stages (cell, creature, tribal, civillized, and space). In this game you can see the influence of the creators on how much you can customize your spore creation. Gorilla-bird? Sure, tiger-shark? Bad pun but yes, elephant-camel-girraffe-aligator-jellybean? Yep...wait what! Anyways, you can customize almost anything from your space vessel to your national anthem you can even, with the right tools, customize entire planets. 

Space Stage 

This is the final stage in spore but it is the biggest and the main reason to buy the game in the first place. In this stage you will command your own alien race,making all the desicions for trade routes, alliances, spice production ETC.. The main goal is to collect badges to rank yourself up, but there isn't a real ending the game just goes on forever. This is a problem I have with the game, collecting badges becomes tedious and there's no exiting ending to look forwards to, but some people enjoy collecting so I have no room to talk. Introduced is an alien race called the Grox, they live only to destroy you and other races no matter how many favors you do for them (belive me I've tried). But it's easy if you just stay away from them so they don't pose as a threat. 

Overall thoughts 

Spore is an amazing game and if you are a big fan of the sims you will love it. But as I said before, collecting badges gets tedious and there's no ending to look forewards to. 

Good game go buy it  

7/10
    bunniecorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bunniecorps

(OK so some of you said that there were too many parts. So I deleted all the other parts to make one long review.) 

From the fantastic minds of the creators of Sims comes a new game... Spore! In this game you create an organism that evolves in stages (cell, creature, tribal, civillized, and space). In this game you can see the influence of the creators on how much you can customize your spore creation. Gorilla-bird? Sure, tiger-shark? Bad pun but yes, elephant-camel-girraffe-aligator-jellybean? Yep...wait what! Anyways, you can customize almost anything from your space vessel to your national anthem you can even, with the right tools, customize entire planets. 

Space Stage 

This is the final stage in spore but it is the biggest and the main reason to buy the game in the first place. In this stage you will command your own alien race,making all the desicions for trade routes, alliances, spice production ETC.. The main goal is to collect badges to rank yourself up, but there isn't a real ending the game just goes on forever. This is a problem I have with the game, collecting badges becomes tedious and there's no exiting ending to look forwards to, but some people enjoy collecting so I have no room to talk. Introduced is an alien race called the Grox, they live only to destroy you and other races no matter how many favors you do for them (belive me I've tried). But it's easy if you just stay away from them so they don't pose as a threat. 

Overall thoughts 

Spore is an amazing game and if you are a big fan of the sims you will love it. But as I said before, collecting badges gets tedious and there's no ending to look forewards to. 

Good game go buy it  

7/10

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.