What version will you be picking up

• 64 results
#1 Posted by Charles (90 posts) -

I will be picking up the Mac version to run on my Macbook Pro 17inch.

#2 Posted by lux (128 posts) -

I finally get to justify buying a new PC for this game.

#3 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -

pc, macs are for wanna be insecure losers

#4 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -
Zombi said:
"I finally get to justify buying a new PC for this game.
"
get crysis if you wanna justify it
#5 Posted by ImWayGooderest (75 posts) -

PC version

#6 Posted by Charles (90 posts) -
Riddler said:
"pc, macs are for wanna be insecure losers"
Well with Mac I really don't have to make a choice,  cause i run both OS's
#7 Posted by BobTheSlayer (26 posts) -

The PC version. I have a PC so... yeah.

#8 Posted by DP (1 posts) -

probably the PC version, although I have a Mac.

#9 Posted by Hamz (6845 posts) -

PC Version for me, game looks to be great!

#10 Posted by MrMiyagi (929 posts) -

PC here.

#11 Posted by Hannibal (862 posts) -

Mac, since I can't take my PC down with me to college I'll have to run it on my 15" MBP

#12 Posted by GumbieuK (120 posts) -

PC version.

#13 Posted by boonhi (4 posts) -

I should get a half decent PC to run this on :/

#14 Posted by Magnum (349 posts) -

Mac

#15 Posted by Forzen (89 posts) -

PC version for me.

#16 Posted by DeathBySnuSnu (44 posts) -

Mac, but the game requires you to run Leopard so who knows when I'll be buying it.  

Was kinda hoping to delay upgrading for a while...

#17 Posted by EntwineX (74 posts) -

PC. And for those worrying about upgrading, I doubt it will be very demanding.

#18 Posted by Tovan (633 posts) -

PC version, which is what you can tell they are spending most of their time on.

#19 Posted by HansCz (28 posts) -

PC version, though I'd love to be able to run it on my MacBook.

#20 Posted by Termite (2395 posts) -

I was unaware there was a Mac version, which delights me because I love Macs...I just don't have one.

So PC for me

#21 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

idk, i have both. i need a game on my mac so ill get it on my mac.

#22 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -
Riddler said:
"Zombi said:
"I finally get to justify buying a new PC for this game.
"
get crysis if you wanna justify it
"

Yeah, but you need a super powerful system to run Crysis, not your average PC. I will be getting it for Mac.
#23 Posted by Dalai (6877 posts) -

And I thought this was between the standard game and the Galactic Edition.

PC version... once I upgrade my PC.  Apparently, a 5 year old PC is unable to run most new PC games.

#24 Posted by CodeHero (133 posts) -

Mac version, so I don't have to reboot to Windows to play.

#25 Posted by Jrad (618 posts) -
CodeHero said:
"Mac version, so I don't have to reboot to Windows to play."
...why would you have to reboot Windows to play?
#26 Posted by sponge3164 (407 posts) -

PC 4lyfe

#27 Posted by Spencaroo (9 posts) -

Mac version for me but I have the feeling that the Windows and Mac version come on the same disc a la Spore : Creature Creator!

#28 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -
Charles said:
"I will be picking up the Mac version to run on my Macbook Pro 17inch."
Actually....this. ^
=]
#29 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Charles said:
"I will be picking up the Mac version to run on my Macbook Pro 17inch."
Mac Version to run on my MacBook Pro 15 inch. :P
#30 Posted by Yit (765 posts) -

PC, preordered 2 years ago.

#31 Posted by Psytek (174 posts) -

I'll probably get both, on PC first, and then next year when I get my a new macbook pro I'll probably get it for mac.

#32 Edited by Zaerus (154 posts) -

*Edit

I cancled my preorder. i don't want to be limited to 3 installs and then have to call EA. It's pretty sure that's in because EA's dodging all questions involving the limit.
I'll be dead before i pay full price for a game that is basicly a glorified trial version limited to 3 installs.

Sure you can call EA for more activations... which, as it turns out will be as hard as stealing a banana from a gorilla in a suit. for a little preview: here's a perfect example of how EA customer support is going to work for Spore here. Now imagen that and multiply it by anyone buying a ligit copy. Eventually, it be years, months.. unlucky people even weeks or days, everyone will run into this problem.

Now after a few years, do you still think EA still cares about you having that game? Would you still have the receit to photograph and send to them?
Then think of the pirates, that will propably puke out cracked patch after patch patch and help eachother through forums. Doesn't that sound like the better customer support to you aswell? It's batshit insane that things have to come this far, espectially in the socalled name of anti-piracy.
The same DRM which was supposed to protect Mass effect (same 3 install limit), result: Cracked regardless and paying customers ended up with 3 install limits.
Allot of people are relying on cracks to keep their LEGALLY PURCHASED COPY running.

Along with this all keep in mind that the slightest change can set off the DRM, removing an activation. Among things mentioned were driver update, hardware failure (which, SecuRom causes in some cases... so yeah) and the actually mentioned things like changing hardware, wiping your disk, switching a hdd from one pc to another...
It's nearly logic to me that if it goes off with asmuch as a driver update that i can forget using my wacom/webcam if i would have spore installed.

To top this thing off SecuRom stays on your system even after you propperly uninstall the game it came with. Removing SecuRom is a task on it's own as you can't simply uninstall it in any conventional way. Online guides and 3rd party tools are  the things you need to rely on here.

Screw EA for pulling this shit on Spore.

here's some articles if you're curious about this 3 day rule. [Mass effect and spore share the same protection]

EA Allows 3 "Activations" Of Mass Effect And That's It? Period?
EA to PC Gamers: “Install 3 times? Buy another copy”

Last but not least... Howcome it doesn't say "Warning: This software will exipire after 3 Installs/Activations. After this you will need to contact our customer support to plead for more activations."
Hell if i knew that Mass Effect had those 3 limits before i bought it, i would NEVER have even considered buying it in the first place. It's awefully shady business if you ask me.
Either come clean on a visible way to a potential customer, not someone who already bought it, or remove anything that shouldnt be in there and EA dares npt confirm.

For everyone wondering why EA btw... Spore is awesome. It's a big gateway game for a ton of people that are brand new to gaming. Maxis truely did a great job on a phenominal game and there's EA... putting the most intrusive, sadistic and just plain cruel protection system that they can find. They don't care what it does to the customer. It's like either stopping piracy is their only priority, yet since they fail miserably at that... it also seems like they use the phenomenon piracy for their own twisted scemes to screw over ligit customers. Either way, the legal customers loose in this one unless EA changes Spore's DRM.

#33 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

PC version.

#34 Posted by Camelizer (23 posts) -

PC version. Don't have a Mac so that choice didn't take a lot of thought

#35 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -
Riddler said:
"pc, macs are for wanna be insecure losers"
PC's are wanna be Macs. Once you use a Mac you will never buy a PC again. Guaranteed. I will be getting it for my 21' Imac
#36 Posted by Billabong81 (61 posts) -

Mac for MBP 15"

#37 Posted by gersan93 (136 posts) -

PC for me.

#38 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

I've already preordered the PC Galactic Edition. I feel stupid and eager at the same time.

#39 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

PC but I probably should upgrade a little bit first

#40 Posted by YuXing (65 posts) -

PC? I was surprised there is even a discussion..

#41 Posted by VoidPresence (48 posts) -

the PC version (Galactic Edition), i may also get the DS version later based on how much I enjoy the game (yes, i know the DS version isn't really the full-fledged game as on the other platforms)

#42 Posted by krazedkaoz (71 posts) -

PC, never owned a mac

#43 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

After my comp keeps crashing on me often either during the Creature Creator or seconds after I close it, I'm not sure if I should upgrade my comp's graphic card or simply just stick my broke ass to consoles.

#44 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I'll probably pick up the PC version so I can play on my laptop.

#45 Posted by krazedkaoz (71 posts) -
Illmatic said:
"After my comp keeps crashing on me often either during the Creature Creator or seconds after I close it, I'm not sure if I should upgrade my comp's graphic card or simply just stick my broke ass to consoles."
Yes but who knows when Spore will hit consoles.
#46 Posted by Hewkii (190 posts) -
Spencaroo said:
"Mac version for me but I have the feeling that the Windows and Mac version come on the same disc a la Spore : Creature Creator!"
I hope that's true so I can potentially run it on either partition.
#47 Edited by SithToast (154 posts) -

PC and Mac versions will be on the same DVD.

As for the version I am getting, it will be the regular ol' version. Nothing special.
#48 Posted by coakroach (2478 posts) -

PC Standard, wish I had Galactic though :(

#49 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I'll be getting the PC version because my mac would not be able to run this game at all.

#50 Posted by iMiles (42 posts) -

Standard. Nothing really interests me about the Galactic Edition. Now if it had a metal case...

I'm a sucker for Metal Cases

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.