Will Spore Run on My Laptop???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

I have an ATI Radeon X1200 video card, I see below that model and above that model.
Also I have installed Creature Creator and it seems to work (except it takes a LONG time for textures to load)

What do you guys thing...will it run?

#2 Posted by Balls (526 posts) -

I think the more important question is why would you play it on your laptop? Spore is one of those games that only appeals to intellectuals. Not gamers.

#3 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -
Balls said:
"I think the more important question is why would you play it on your laptop? Spore is one of those games that only appeals to intellectuals. Not gamers."
Eh what? Now, video games are pretty stupid, but why is Spore a smart game? It takes basic cognitive and logical skills. 
#4 Posted by Balls (526 posts) -

Yeah, and gamers don't do that shit. When was the last time you met a gamer that wasn't throwing away his life playing videos games? Duh

#5 Posted by Otacon (2208 posts) -
Balls said:
"I think the more important question is why would you play it on your laptop? Spore is one of those games that only appeals to intellectuals. Not gamers."
Ok so gamers aren't intellectuals, The poster above you could be a graduate in philosophy and science for all you know. Spore is for everyone even if its basis is on the evolutionary theory of panspermia (internet cookie to someone who can tell me what that is) it doesn't mean normal guys can't play it and have fun.
#6 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Im playing it on a 384 MB RAM Amd Mobile Sempron with a Ati Radeon X200M. This piece of shit gets 25 consisent frames per second on Spore. Btw, I got the leaked copy of Spore, and,well, it aint that great.

#7 Posted by Balls (526 posts) -
Otacon said:
"Balls said:
"I think the more important question is why would you play it on your laptop? Spore is one of those games that only appeals to intellectuals. Not gamers."
Ok so gamers aren't intellectuals, The poster above you could be a graduate in philosophy and science for all you know. Spore is for everyone even if its basis is on the evolutionary theory of panspermia (internet cookie to someone who can tell me what that is) it doesn't mean normal guys can't play it and have fun."
I'm pretty sure he's not. Let me give you an example. Every single person I know that plays video games has a shit job and is dumb as a bag of bricks. Me included. IMy shit job is picking up screaming kids in a big yellow bus and knocking up my wife. I barely passed high school and I'm one of the smarter gamers out there.
#8 Posted by Otacon (2208 posts) -

Oh yeah and to answer TC's question, I would think the game would run on low settings.

#9 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -

I wouldn't call myself stupid, and I know many smart gamers with good jobs. You're probably talking about some of the more hardcore gamers...

#10 Posted by HitNRun (344 posts) -
Balls said:
"Yeah, and gamers don't do that shit. When was the last time you met a gamer that wasn't throwing away his life playing videos games? Duh"
If you're looking for a higher caliber of person and citizen to be playing Spore with you, you're going to heavily disappointed.
#11 Posted by Otacon (2208 posts) -

I'd actually say a lot of people I know who are gamers are very intelligent. Ultimate hardcore gamers may be different though, the leave school to play Guitar Hero type.

#12 Posted by Balls (526 posts) -
xruntime said:
"I wouldn't call myself stupid, and I know many smart gamers with good jobs. You're probably talking about some of the more hardcore gamers..."
What's your job?
#13 Posted by Otacon (2208 posts) -

Well actually I'm a university student right now.

#14 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -
Balls said:
"xruntime said:
"I wouldn't call myself stupid, and I know many smart gamers with good jobs. You're probably talking about some of the more hardcore gamers..."
What's your job?"
I'm a student
#15 Posted by Balls (526 posts) -

So you're unemployed. Thank you for proving my point. Your current income is -$6000 to -$30,000 a year. Congrats.

#16 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -
Balls said:
"So you're unemployed. Thank you for proving my point. Your current income is -$6000 to -$30,000 a year. Congrats."
Uhm....okay...

I still am pretty intelligent...

#17 Posted by Otacon (2208 posts) -

My point really is that it's a massive demographic, and Spore is the kind of game that brings in even more people who aren't gamers so you can't tar them all with the same brush. I suppose there is a lot of proof with the penis monsters though.

#18 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -
Otacon said:
"Oh yeah and to answer TC's question, I would think the game would run on low settings."

Thanks for acutally answering my question...

Balls said:
"I think the more important question is why would you play it on your laptop? Spore is one of those games that only appeals to intellectuals. Not gamers."

I have a laptop because I am a student and need something portable to bring to school.  And no before you say it I am not unemployed and I work a 25 to 35 hour a week job.
#19 Posted by Balls (526 posts) -
xruntime said:
"Balls said:
"So you're unemployed. Thank you for proving my point. Your current income is -$6000 to -$30,000 a year. Congrats."
Uhm....okay...

I still am pretty intelligent...

"
If you were smart you'd be making money right now. Have you seen JAMA's numbers on income compared between collegiates and non collegiates? If you include the time wasted and money spent then on average non-collegiates make 5% more money during their lifetime than collegiates.
#20 Posted by AdamBomb (63 posts) -

I laughed hard and this thread.. Not because of the Question but because of how it has devolved into a question of intelligence and paychecks.

BTW dued's name is Balls. Wow and Ha. Balls the Busdriver? yeahh.

#21 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -
Balls said:
"xruntime said:
"Balls said:
"So you're unemployed. Thank you for proving my point. Your current income is -$6000 to -$30,000 a year. Congrats."
Uhm....okay...

I still am pretty intelligent...

"
If you were smart you'd be making money right now. Have you seen JAMA's numbers on income compared between collegiates and non collegiates? If you include the time wasted and money spent then on average non-collegiates make 5% more money during their lifetime than collegiates."
Wait - you're telling me people with only a high school diploma make more? You have anything to back that up (a link)?
Anyways, to be honest, I don't really care about money, so long as I'm not scrounging to pay the bills. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.