Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spore

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 07, 2008

Simulate the development and progression of an alien species as it evolves from a single-celled organism to a sapient level, rises up through various stages of civilization, and eventually becomes a space-faring species.

WTf no ragdoll

Nogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Nogert

I could have sworn I saw rag doll in E3 videos, a game is so much more fun with rag doll physics, hell I think it should be featured in every game by now.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

Spore isn't the type of game to have ragdoll is the thing, its mostly seems to be a mix between Civilization, an RTS and an mmorpg like combat in the creature stage, they would never have ragdoll in them, really shouldn't be surprising.

VoidPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By VoidPresence

if you're referring to the procedural defined animations of Spore, that isn't  'ragdoll.'  Ragdoll is movement effects of gravity and mass effects, whereas the 'procedural animation' of Spore is the game having to figure out how a species with 3 legs (for example) is supposed to walk--that is one of the break-through technologies of the game really (I still remember the days where making basic walking mechanics of a biped was ridiculously tough for designers to do).  These are no mere sprites we're dealing with.

Doug_Funnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Doug_Funnie

I think Nogert was referring to Will Wright's initial demonstration of Spore at the GDC in 2005. He's correct in that the dead creatures had ragdoll physics applied to them as they were eaten by others.
    I haven't gotten a chance to play Spore yet, but it seems like a shame if they had to take it out for any reason.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Death_Burnout

It did have yeah, its sad to say but personally id rather have that version of spore than this one, a far more mature version that is

dDefinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dDefinder

There is ragdoll but its like stuck to the ground where ever the feet is. You'll notice this when you eat a creature. I didn't see the point of dragging  creatures bodies around in that E3 demo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.