Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sports Champions

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 17, 2010

Table tennis, gladiator battles, and more await you in this Move-enabled minigame compilation. It released in conjunction with the PlayStation Move and is available in various bundles.

Best and worst games in Sports Champions for you.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

Best: 
    - Table Tennis 
    - Archery 
    - Bocce 
    - Disc Golf 

Worst: 
    - Gladiator Duel 
    - Beach Volleyball

RussianDrink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By RussianDrink

Hate the environments and weapons (wish it was more modern) in Gladiator Duel and not a big fan of Beach Volleyball either. Haven't tried Bocce yet 

Table Tennis is the definitely the top game in the pack, Archery is pretty good too, and Disc Golf is pretty kick-ass too.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By wunder_

Hey guys, there's probably a thread out there, but I'm gonna post here anyways. Is it worth investing in the move? I don't have an EyeToy so I'd have to buy the complete bundle, and probably a second controller. So, do you guys forsee using the move a year or two down the line?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RE_Player1
    @Wunder_ said:
    " Hey guys, there's probably a thread out there, but I'm gonna post here anyways. Is it worth investing in the move? I don't have an EyeToy so I'd have to buy the complete bundle, and probably a second controller. So, do you guys forsee using the move a year or two down the line? "
    Yes they will support the Move until the PS3 dies which isn't anytime soon. I love Nintendo but the problem they have is they put out a peripheral like the Wii Motion Plus or the Wii Zapper and only a handful of games supports it. For Sony, and I also expect Microsoft to do this for Kinect, they've invested millions and have probably laid out a plan to keep the Move going for years. By making casual games, minigame collections, and hardcore games, Killzone 3 and I expect other Sony exclusives to use it too, the Move will be an important part for the PS3. Now should you get the Move right now? For me I really wanted something to play something with my family, which Sports Champions and Tumble has helped with that, and I'm really excited to play Heavy Rain and MAG with it. If your not in a rush I'd wait until after the holiday season, maybe some stores like Best Buy will throw in a controller or a game with the bundle or something like that. If you do get the bundle I do recommend getting a second Move controller, some games like Archery aren't as good with one plus you can't play with others unless you pass and play which gets tedious after awhile. 
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By ESREVER

Man theres some different tastes in here for sure. 

Best : 

• Bocce
    • Disk Golf
    • Gladiator Duel
    • Archery

Worst:  
    • Table Tennis
    • Volleyball

Just my humble opinion, of course.
    woodroez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By woodroez

• I've had some occassions where I felt like the intrepretations of my throws in Bocce were off. I think i figured out that was me pantomiming a finger-roll kind of follow through though, so since then it's  started to feel much better. 

With that said, here's a list:  

Top tier:

Disc Golf, which I just started  Silver cup on and can already feel the fidelity of the controls getting crazy. After feeling like I was some sort of frisbee robot through bronze, my throws are now being interpreted as my real-world throws tend to end up, hooking right with some air underneath it. 

Archery: being someone who's used a bow, I think this mostly feels like it should. I don't know if it's my set up or what, but to aim at anything down range i have to 'hold the bow' WAY high. Sometimes I have to fire blind because my left arm is between my head and the screen. Still can't help but find it satisfying. 

Medium Tier: 

Bocce ball: kinda makes me feel bad to be a bit down on this, because the actual game of bocce ball seems awesome and would be something I woudl be totally into playing. As mentioned at the top though, it's felt a little strange, and on top of that the course on the docks is an abomination. As I get more time in it, though, I feel this game will end up up there with Disc Golf and Archery for me. 

Gladiator duel is fun when it feels like it's working well. Sometimes I think it kind of short arms my attacks or it just have what it takes to do what I want it to. 

Dan Tier: Table Tennis. I don't like playing table tennis anyway, but this doesn't really feel right to begin with. For what it's worth and not to try to bait any Wii fans that might come across this post, but it does feel better than WiiPlay's table tennis. 

I have yet to play beach volleyball; waiting for my wands to recharge.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.