So Fucking Accurate!

  • 0 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

I'm having a ball with Sports Champions. I love the table tennis game to absolute bits. It's far and away better than the Wii-remote. It's a similar, but Move kinda reminds me of what I thought the Wii was going to be, y'know? It's taken a while to reach that kind of accuracy, but I dig it.
 
Did anyone else on GiantBomb get Move today?
 
Here I am celebrating my Bronze Cup victory in my Simpsons slippers:
 

 
#2 Edited by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

Yeah, it was really impressive. Just as good as Wii Motion Plus.
 
Hope developers use it more!

#3 Posted by ajamafalous (12007 posts) -

Dig the clothing combo you've got going on there.

#4 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

I picked it up and enjoy it.

On my iPhone so it's hard to type. Will type more soon.

#5 Posted by GT-Man (118 posts) -

So much for no cursing
#6 Posted by Druminator (1678 posts) -

That's good to hear. I'm thinking about picking it up soon as well. What games did you get with it?

#7 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Druminator I got sport champ, and enjoyr it a lot. Ping pong is soooooo accurate.
#8 Posted by MisterMouse (3554 posts) -

Cant wait to see how the other games do on this platform, the none release day titles. Like how will MAG and Heavy Rain play with move support that is exciting to see

#9 Posted by ESREVER (2694 posts) -

I want to find a store that has this out as a demo so me and my buddy can try it out. 
I know for sure I'll get Move for Dead Space: Extraction. Just not sure if I should wait a little bit. 
I like having things the moment they come out =/

#10 Edited by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@Willy105 said:

" Yeah, it was really impressive. Just as good as Wii Motion Plus.  Hope developers use it more! "

Nice troll attempt. Just as good as the Wii Motion Plus. Haha, have you played this thing? It blows Motion Plus out of the water.
 
@Druminator said:

" That's good to hear. I'm thinking about picking it up soon as well. What games did you get with it? "

I've got Sports Champions, Kung-Fu Rider, Tumble, Flight Control HD and Start The Party. I'd say Sports Champions is the one you have to get; Tumble and Flight Control HD are pretty amazing too. Start The Party is neat, I'm just not sure if I'd recommend it. It's a bit shallow. Even at budget price, it's perhaps a little too expensive. It's definitely fun though.
#11 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I tried one out at Best Buy or whatever it's called a few days ago and it's remarkably good. I can't see myself using it for anything more than party games but it's accuracy is unprecedented.

#12 Posted by Brenderous (1101 posts) -

Is it worth playing if you only have one wand? My games I want to play are Archery and Gladiator, which both seem like they would be WAY better with two wands.

#13 Edited by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@Brenderous said:

" Is it worth playing if you only have one wand? My games I want to play are Archery and Gladiator, which both seem like they would be WAY better with two wands. "

I only have one at the moment so I'll take this. Gladiator is a ton of fun with one, archery less so. I imagine they are both better with two for sure, but you can still have plenty of fun with one. My second one should get delivered tomorrow, so if you're interested I'll let you know how much better it makes the experience. I reckon they're still worth playing with one though. I mean, I'm having fun with the Sports Champions for sure -- and stuff like Tumble, etc only needs one.
#14 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@Willy105 said:

" Yeah, it was really impressive. Just as good as Wii Motion Plus.  Hope developers use it more! "

i think its much better than wii-motion plus, plus it can tell movement in 3D
#15 Posted by Druminator (1678 posts) -
@KaosAngel: @get2sammyb:  Might pick up the starter bundle now.
#16 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I don't see it being that great for actual games. Only party games.

#17 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

I think it kinda sucks ass. Returning it tomorrow.

#18 Edited by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@Raymayne said:

" I think it kinda sucks ass. Returning it tomorrow. "

That's nice. What exactly don't you like about it? Which games have you played? Etc. Maybe motion controls aren't for you...
 
 

@CL60 said:

" I don't see it being that great for actual games. Only party games. "

Nah, the potential is definitely there beyond party games. Obviously, it's down to developers to now build upon it. But there is plenty of options for non-party game stuff. SOCOM 4 and Sorcery will be the true tests; though the RUSE implementation is pretty fantastic. Resident Evil 5 seems to work ok-ish, though Capcom's implementation seems a little sloppy. Not convinced by Heavy Rain yet.
 
Like I say, potential is definitely there. Hardware's fantastic.
#19 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@CL60 said:

" I don't see it being that great for actual games. Only party games. "

Killzone 3 
   
  
 and..
SOCOM says...hello 
    
  
 
 

#20 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
" @CL60 said:
" I don't see it being that great for actual games. Only party games. "
SOCOM says...hello 
  
"
There is also footage of MAG with Move, and it looks like a pain in the ass to turn.
#21 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@CL60: well of course it was an early demo that a dev showed. if you actually knew as much as you think you did you would know they've been working closely with the MAG community to perfect it. like one of the main problems with MAG's early build of the Move support was that the ADS always went straight to the center and not to where the cross hairs were pointed. obviously it wasnt nearly as finished as the Killzone 3 video a posted above, which also has till february to be perfected. 
#22 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

All I really want to play is Tumble but I don't have the room for a Move setup nor do I want to spend that much money to play one game.
 
With the space required I'm not sure I'll ever be able to play Move or Kinect...

#23 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -

I thought this comes out on Sunday.

#24 Posted by Druminator (1678 posts) -

I really want to play The Fight.

#25 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
" @CL60: well of course it was an early demo that a dev showed. if you actually knew as much as you think you did you would know they've been working closely with the MAG community to perfect it. like one of the main problems with MAG's early build of the Move support was that the ADS always went straight to the center and not to where the cross hairs were pointed. obviously it wasnt nearly as finished as the Killzone 3 video a posted above, which also has till february to be perfected.  "
Why are you getting so defensive? I'm just skeptical. Wii shooters control terribly. I don't see why this would be any different.
#26 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2722 posts) -

I got my Move yesterday, played the demo and liked it. Maybe I'll buy full game, don't know yet.

#27 Edited by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@CL60 said:

" @TwoOneFive said:

" @CL60: well of course it was an early demo that a dev showed. if you actually knew as much as you think you did you would know they've been working closely with the MAG community to perfect it. like one of the main problems with MAG's early build of the Move support was that the ADS always went straight to the center and not to where the cross hairs were pointed. obviously it wasnt nearly as finished as the Killzone 3 video a posted above, which also has till february to be perfected.  "
Why are you getting so defensive? I'm just skeptical. Wii shooters control terribly. I don't see why this would be any different. "
No you're right. I think third-person shooters might work better than first-person. That's why I think SOCOM will be the big test; especially seeing as Zipper seem to have a LOT of experience with the controller.
 
At the end of the day, it's for the developers to prove. The hardware's there; but you're right to be sceptical.
 
@Diamond said:
" All I really want to play is Tumble but I don't have the room for a Move setup nor do I want to spend that much money to play one game.  With the space required I'm not sure I'll ever be able to play Move or Kinect... "
If it helps man, I can play Tumble about a metre away from my television. Ideally, you'd go a little bit further back, but it definitely works if you point the PlayStation Eye downwards.
 
Hope this helps anyway! :) [Hooray for Tumble by the way! It's a lot of fun!]
#28 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@CL60 said:

" @TwoOneFive said:

" @CL60 said:

" I don't see it being that great for actual games. Only party games. "

SOCOM says...hello 
  
"
There is also footage of MAG with Move, and it looks like a pain in the ass to turn. "
Exactly. This is my problem with the Move. They removed the right analog stick and messed up the ability to play games almost normal as a result. Now we gotta tap the side of the screen in 1:1 games like Socom or completely destroy the aiming aspect in games like Killzone. It's not about first/third person... it's about stationary or detached crosshairs.
 
I'm still gonna pick one up though since I already own the PS3. I'm a sucker.
#29 Posted by Liono88 (368 posts) -

I had those same Homer Slippers. Comfortable as hell.

#30 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@MrKlorox: actually there is an analog stick on the attachment...  i really do think SOCOM is going to surprise everyone
#31 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@TwoOneFive:  I said on the main controller. Of course the left hands must have one. Even they're not that stupid at Sony. How else would you move your character?
 
I'm talking about the ability to control the camera separate from the crosshair. SOCOM (like many Wii games) requires you to "push" the camera with your cursor on the side of the screen to turn it, but still allows you to aim directly at dudes on screen as if you were playing a light gun game. Killzone treats it like a mouse where the cursor is glued to the center and you have to "feel around" to line it up on the enemies.
#32 Posted by Nadafinga (958 posts) -

I'm enjoying Sports Champions and Tumble. I've spent the most time with Disc Golf. I don't know if that's because I do a lot of real disc golfing myself, or if it's just the more relaxed atmosphere of it, but they really nailed the feel of discing. 
 
And yes, it's super accurate. Can't wait to see what else they come up with for this thing. Oh, and I already want some DLC of more disc golf courses. :)
#33 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

You're never moving out of mom's house huh.

#34 Edited by Tebbit (4465 posts) -

That Killzone 3 video looks like it controls an awful lot like Metroid Prime Trilogy. This gives me hope!!!

#35 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" You're never moving out of mom's house huh. "
Nope. I'm a loser who has no friends.
#36 Posted by Shaneman (78 posts) -
@ESREVER: The Best Buy near me has a station set up to demo Move.  It's a low-walled off section (Maybe 3 feet high) that is open to play. 
 
Only 1 controller, and it had one of those big spider alarm things on it, which made it a pain to hold.   
 
But, I enjoyed what I played, and plan on picking it up tonight, or tomorrow.  If I can find any :(   
 
Aforementioned Best Buy was totally sold out.
#37 Posted by zombie2011 (4973 posts) -

I don't understand Move, it's not doing anything really. All they show is that it can be used as an alternate control scheme for Shooters, but no one will use it when the other option is to use a controller. 
  
It's like yeah i can use a 360 controller to play Crysis on the PC, but why would i when the default Mouse and Keyboard is so much better. 
 
At least Kinect forces Devs to create something new and different. Sony Devs are like hey were making Uncharted 3 lets shoehorn Move in there.

#38 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@get2sammyb
@ryanwho said:
" You're never moving out of mom's house huh. "
Nope. I'm a loser who has no friends.
*high five*. I'm with ya!
#39 Posted by Jasonofindy (258 posts) -

I wasn't going to get this, but my kids saw a flurry of commercials for EyePet over the past few days on Nick, Disney, etc. and they both have been asking about it.  More specifically, they want "the Wii game with the glowing balls and the animals" as even my 5 year old associates the Wand controls with the Wii.  However, I am not sure how it will work with my current setup.  In my Game Room where the 360 and PS3 are there is only about 6 feet between the TV and the recliners and there is a coffee table in the way that is not easy to move.  (It holds my PC and antiquated 17in CRT monitor).   
 
The living room where the Wii is would be ideal with about 12 feet of open space in front of the TV, but the neither the PS3 nor the 360 are convenient to move back and forth.  I think what I'm going to do is wait until the Amazon Black Friday sales and see whether the Move console bundle or the Natal console bundle is on sale and just pick up a complete system for downstairs.  Both would have an upside for me as the 360 bundle would be cheaper since the 4GB would be fine for a second machine, would provide me with a backup 360 because my 2006 model's disc drive is ailing, and because it would be nice to have ESPN3 in that room.  On the other hand, I think I would prefer the Move titles, and it would be nice to have another Blu-ray player. 
 
Honestly, I think a lot of it will depend on Amazon sale prices and on how much of a preference my kids have in demanding either Eyepet or Kinectimals.

#40 Posted by Gnubberen (771 posts) -
Enough with all the motion control bash/love.
This is what we really should be talking about:
 
 
@get2sammyb said:

 Here I am celebrating my Bronze Cup victory in my Simpsons slippers:
 
  "
 
I mean this picture is just full of win... Thank you very much for this picture sir. It made my day... in a non gay way of course.
#41 Posted by commandercup (500 posts) -

That last SOCOM video looks really bad. I don't see why anyone would want to play SOCOM with the Move controller if it handles like that. It seems really clunky and imprecise as well as cumbersome which is pretty obvious based on what that Zipper guy looked like while playing (A mix between extreme concentration and frustration).

#42 Posted by Gabriel (4063 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" I don't see it being that great for actual games. Only party games. "
The only way I would maybe buy it is if the next Elder Scrolls heavily uses in a innovative way.
#43 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

was using one earlier, its muuuuucccccccchhhh better than the wii motion plus. you can instantly feel the difference.  
 
buying one next week. 

#44 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

Man, the Silver and Gold cup difficulty tiers in table tennis are rock hard. How's everyone getting on with them? I'm losing match after match now. :( 
 
@TwoOneFive said:

" was using one earlier, its muuuuucccccccchhhh better than the wii motion plus. you can instantly feel the difference.   buying one next week.  "
Yeah, there's a huge difference in my opinion. Even in the more subtle games like disc-golf and bocce you can feel it. I'm having a lot of fun in Sports Champions. I reckon the platinum trophy is going to take some SERIOUS work though. Probably upwards of 50 hours gameplay. :O
#45 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Nice picture. I have one where I'm holding up the Sports Champions sign and my brother is licking his Gladiator sword. :P

#46 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@Jasonofindy said:
" I wasn't going to get this, but my kids saw a flurry of commercials for EyePet over the past few days on Nick, Disney, etc. and they both have been asking about it.  More specifically, they want "the Wii game with the glowing balls and the animals" as even my 5 year old associates the Wand controls with the Wii.  However, I am not sure how it will work with my current setup.  In my Game Room where the 360 and PS3 are there is only about 6 feet between the TV and the recliners and there is a coffee table in the way that is not easy to move.  (It holds my PC and antiquated 17in CRT monitor).    The living room where the Wii is would be ideal with about 12 feet of open space in front of the TV, but the neither the PS3 nor the 360 are convenient to move back and forth.  I think what I'm going to do is wait until the Amazon Black Friday sales and see whether the Move console bundle or the Natal console bundle is on sale and just pick up a complete system for downstairs.  Both would have an upside for me as the 360 bundle would be cheaper since the 4GB would be fine for a second machine, would provide me with a backup 360 because my 2006 model's disc drive is ailing, and because it would be nice to have ESPN3 in that room.  On the other hand, I think I would prefer the Move titles, and it would be nice to have another Blu-ray player.  Honestly, I think a lot of it will depend on Amazon sale prices and on how much of a preference my kids have in demanding either Eyepet or Kinectimals. "
You might just get away with 6 feet but you might need some patience positioning the Eye in the "right spot". Sorry I can't be more detailed, all these motion controls really do vary based on the size of your room, etc. Your best bet might be to borrow the set off a friend and see if you can get the games working in your smaller room if you really don't want to move around.
#47 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" Nice picture. I have one where I'm holding up the Sports Champions sign and my brother is licking his Gladiator sword. :P "
POST IT!
#48 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@get2sammyb said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" Nice picture. I have one where I'm holding up the Sports Champions sign and my brother is licking his Gladiator sword. :P "
POST IT! "
I don't even know how. Plus I'm not using the PS3 at the moment.
#49 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: Haha no problem. Heads up for next time - you gotta upload to Facebook first, then you can download the picture. There might be another way, but I'm not sure. All games should just include screenshot export as standard to be honest.
#50 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

Back on topic: people dismissing this as a "waggle compilation" are being very unfair. In fact the more I play of Sports Champions the more I deem it the "killer-app" people have been screaming for with Move. The depth in the harder cups (Silver upwards) is ridiculous. Table-tennis for example demands so much from you as a player. Shot selection and execution is all paramount in defeating the AI. And honestly, I think the AI is excellent. It really tests you.
 
Sports Champions is pretty hardcore when you hit the harder difficulties. I get the complaints about its presentation, etc; but it's a much deeper game than people are giving it credit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.