Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Square Enix

Company »

A Japanese video game company that is best known for the development of role-playing games. It is the result of a merger between two separate video game companies, Square and Enix. Its subsidiaries include Taito and Eidos.

DS Versions Of Final Fantasy V & VI - Delayed

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Square Enix's Shinji Hashimoto has recently answered a couple of questions from Tweeting fans on his official Twitter account.

When asked about whether Matrix Software was currently working on versions of Final Fantasy V & VI for Nintendo DS, Hashimoto-san replied with:

"For 5 and 6, there are technical issues as well, so at present these are undecided." 

Perhaps these technical reasons warrant a move onto the technically superior DSi, or indeed a move onto the upcoming "3DS" ? 

When asked about whether Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) would be appearing on Nintendo's Virtual Console, his response was: 

"This is also at present undecided."  

I certainly hops so, I hope it appears on a European Hanabi Festival too. 

When asked about Square Enix's "Ever Heart Odyssey" appearing on anything other than iMode (Japanese Mobile), his response was also; 

"This is at present undecided."   

http://twitter.com/SQEX_MEMBERS_JP/status/12931473559
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Could they fit a remake of Final Fantasy VI on a DS cart?

nintenjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By nintenjoe

I would love just Final Fantasy VI remade like they did IV, with the voicework. So this makes me realize I may be waiting even longer now for that.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Emilio

"We don't want to spend the money to build the game from scratch"  Said one Square-Enix fool. 

No, I'm kidding.

Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chyro

It's probably because they are trying to make it quasi 3D like they did with FF4.  I have the FF4 DS game and after playing it I almost prefer the older sprites.

Edit:  I should say I do prefer the sprites.  I mean it wasn't block hands Cloud bad but it still didn't look right.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By oldschool

I can wait for a 3DS version, but they did it on the GBA, so none of this makes a lot of sense unless they are really trying to make it BIG.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.