Square Enix Count Down

#1 Edited by VWGTI (1919 posts) -
#2 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

Shall we set the "Countdown Timer Until Game is Actually Released" to 5 years...or 6?

#3 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -
@Bigandtasty:

lol, bravo good sir.
#4 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

It's a countdown clock.....to another countdown....to yet another one.....and then to a half-assed teaser trailer.

#5 Posted by Meptron (1077 posts) -

There's a number 4 prominantly displayed on that page. Where's the main Seiken Densetsu (Secret of Mana) series at now? Was the last numbered one Seiken Densetsu 3 on the SNES? Hmmm..... I bet if they make that it'll be a Wii game.

#6 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -
@Meptron:

What was Legend of Mana on the PSone? Part 4? Or was that seperate from the main series?
#7 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6154 posts) -

I'm always curious about new Square Enix projects, but I'm tired of countdown timers and teasers.  Just announce the damn game!

#8 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Why do people get mad about count down timers, they will announce what it is at the end, it is either try to get people hyped up for the announcement of something new, or just announce it completely out of no where and I'm pretty sure hyping it up before hand is a fairly good idea.

#9 Posted by Meptron (1077 posts) -
@VWGTI said:
"@Meptron: What was Legend of Mana on the PSone? Part 4? Or was that seperate from the main series?"

After doing a little more "research" (aka, looking at Wikipedia) it turns out 4 was Dawn of Mana on the PS2. At least, according to Wikipedia....

So I guess my theory was wrong...
#10 Posted by Meptron (1077 posts) -

Hate to post again so soon, but it could be a 4th Romancing SaGa game. Or maybe Final Fantasy Legend IV?

#11 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1600 posts) -
@eckster said:
" Yeah, when they registered the name "Warriors of Light" recently it makes me hope for a an awesome PSP Final Fantasy 1 remake with 4-player coop. "
There's already a remake of FF1 on the PSP... no co-op, though. Not that it needs it.
#12 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1545 posts) -

FF15-18, that's the announcement.  They are announcing the next 8 years of development this year. ;-)

#13 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Man, I really, really hope that Capcom one is for Devil May Cry. Or maybe Strider or something, I don't know.

For the Square one, I hope it's another Mana game, that has some sort of online capabilities.

#14 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -
@Out_On_Bail said:
"FF15-18, that's the announcement.  They are announcing the next 8 years of development this year. ;-) "
More than 8 years... itll take them 8 years to release 14...
#15 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1545 posts) -
@Inf225: ahh you are probably correct, my mistake i meant 18* ;D
#16 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

I bet it has something to do with Final Fantasy. Maybe a new Final Fantasy game for DS or PSP.

#17 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -
@Meptron:

Oh, I forgot about that series. Possibly that or a new Saga Frontier? I don't remember much about either series, so if it ends up being one of those I hope its good.
#18 Posted by Einherjan (588 posts) -

Another remake of Final Fantasy 1 HAHA!

#19 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

Another half assed made game from Square Enix.  Congratulations!!!!

#20 Posted by Kiemoe (1055 posts) -

a new Chrono Trigger. A girl can dream, can't she?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.