Any differences between the two versions?

#1 Posted by isomeri (1381 posts) -

The PS3 demo seems to have dropped in North America, and is presumably coming soon to Europe as well. To anyone who's played both demos already, can you notice any differences between the two versions? I know that in most regions the PS3 copy will be getting some extra DLC at launch, but I'm more interested in how the game performs.

I played the living shit out of the 360 demo yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised at how well the controls worked on a Xbox controller even though I've played every previous SSX game on a DualShock. Right now I'm leaning towards the 360 version because that's where I have most of my friends playing it online, but I would be willing to shift to the PS3 copy if there are significant performance increases.

#2 Posted by buft (3321 posts) -

one comes on bluray

#3 Posted by Okari (168 posts) -

I haven't actually seen the 360 version, but if you go onto other forums you'll see people complaining about the Anti-Aliasing and some framerate drops. I haven't had any problems with the PS3 version though, it moves fast enough to the point that I'm not really even paying attention to how good it looks.

#4 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I gotta play it with the PS3 controller for the full nostalgia effect.

#5 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1732 posts) -

The PS3 box takes up less shelf space, clearly superior. 

#6 Posted by ZenGaijin (125 posts) -

The PS3 game has an extra mountain I believe. Other than that I don't think there is much difference.

#7 Posted by gike987 (1769 posts) -

@ZenGaijin said:

The PS3 game has an extra mountain I believe. Other than that I don't think there is much difference.

Mt. Fuji is a preorder bonus for both 360 and PS3 in Europe.

#8 Edited by BPRJCTX (709 posts) -

@ZenGaijin said:

SSX Limited Edition, Game UK Exclusive (only store that has it in the UK, don't know about other countries).

It includes Eddie and his board, without the need to pre order ( but you should probably pre-order anyway, since it's limited), and it also includes the 10 drop points on Mt. Fuji, which is exclusive to the PS3 in the US (it will probbaly be released later as DLC, for the US 360 version, and everybody that didn't get it).

It's not perfect though, you still don't get the other exclusive boards, and that sucks because Zoe is my favourite character, and i wanted her level 6 board.

#9 Posted by hxcaleb (86 posts) -

@ZenGaijin said:

I read this as, "the PS3 game has extra MOUNTAIN DEW I believe. haha I thought you were referencing all the product placement of the last one.

#10 Posted by rethla (722 posts) -

Any difference in the performance?

#11 Posted by jakob187 (21729 posts) -

The main difference between the two versions is that BigBearinIt, Joshthebear, and many others are on the 360 RiderNet. Therefore, if you want to either be highly competitive about some Trick scores or you just want to constantly see what you might never achieve, then you should get the 360 version. = D

#12 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
@jakob187

The main difference between the two versions is that BigBearinIt, Joshthebear, and many others are on the 360 RiderNet. Therefore, if you want to either be highly competitive about some Trick scores or you just want to constantly see what you might never achieve, then you should get the 360 version. = D

This.
#13 Posted by VinLieger (101 posts) -

@BPRJCTX said:

@ZenGaijin said:

SSX Limited Edition, Game UK Exclusive (only store that has it in the UK, don't know about other countries).

It includes Eddie and his board, without the need to pre order ( but you should probably pre-order anyway, since it's limited), and it also includes the 10 drop points on Mt. Fuji, which is exclusive to the PS3 in the US (it will probbaly be released later as DLC, for the US 360 version, and everybody that didn't get it).

It's not perfect though, you still don't get the other exclusive boards, and that sucks because Zoe is my favourite character, and i wanted her level 6 board.

Not sure if this is completely accurate. Im in Ireland and we usually run off the same pre-order policies as the UK, i pre-ordered for the 360 with Gamestop, the site didnt say anything about Limited Edition but i got an e-mail with my fuji and eddie codes last week

#14 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
#15 Posted by isomeri (1381 posts) -
#16 Posted by BPRJCTX (709 posts) -

@VinLieger: I have no idea, i'm not even from the UK, i'm from Portugal!

I just ordered from GAME, cos it was cheaper than buying it here, and i wasn't sure if i could get those pre order bonus over here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.