Anyway to ignore recommendations after a run?

#1 Edited by pyide (137 posts) -

After doing any Explore Mode event, The first 3 recommendations are Mt. Fuji way too often and I really don't have fun there, it's entirely rails and tunnels and crevasses.

Only way to get them to go away is to put up a better score but then that encourages friends to keep playing those awful runs because they'll get them as recommendations themselves, and then I'll get them as recommendations after they post a better score, and so on and so forth. I don't want that! I just want to pretend it doesn't exist for now and get a wider range of variety than 1/3 Fuji. Also, hitting favorite on a bunch of other stuff doesn't seem to matter. Perhaps I just need to do that some more?

edit: subject should probably read: Any way - oops!

#2 Edited by Zaccheus (1788 posts) -

@pyide: I don't really have an answer to you but I was just playing the game and a tool tip said something to this effect: add a drop to your ridenet favorites to suggest it to friends and letting ridenet know what kind of drops you like. So maybe you should favorite drops you like? I don't really know how that data is used, but one could assume it effects what kind of recommendations you get. Just guess work though. You can favorite a drop after finishing it by hitting triangle or Y, if you didn't know.

#3 Posted by iseemonsters (10 posts) -

I also saw a tooltip that was something to the effect of "RiderNet is adaptive and will keep generating new recommendations if you spurn it's first suggestions". But I'm not really sure if that's true or how it would work. I don't notice them changing when you cycle through them all, and they don't seem to change too much from event to event either... but maybe I'm missing something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.