Cool ideia for a sequel to SSX (2012)

#1 Edited by BPRJCTX (705 posts) -

So, this came to my mind a whille ago, i never actually talked to anyone about it, but i think it would be a pretty cool way to go after the new one.

Look at this first:

Now imagine if the next SSX, took place in an actual frozen world?

Like, a post apocalyptic / new ice age frozen world.

I haven't really thought about what happened or needed to happen, to get to this, but that doesn't really matter, that's not the point.

Imagine ppl living underground for decades, in vaults, kinda like Fallout, and a group of rebel young guys and gals, who were born underground, and never knew about snowboard or any other action sport, tired of staying underground, go outside to explore ( only some ppl are allowed to go outside and explore to gather supplies, Metro 2033 style), and end up finding some old snowboards locked in some kind of underground warehouse (it would be awesome if those old snowboards belonged to the original SSX characters), at first they don't even know what it is, but then they find some old snowboard magazines, or something, and they get interested in it.

So they start sneaking out everyday, to have some fun on the snow, untill someday (years of snowboard later), they get so tired of the same old spots close to home, that they decide to pack up, and go explore this new frozen world.

That's just some kind of backstory, doesn't really need to be in the game, maybe just in the form of an intro or someting.

Now Imagine how crazy that would be.

Imagine sliding down a destroyed street of San Francisco.

Sliding down the remnants of destroyed skyscrapers in New York.

Paris, Russia, Japan, Egipt, Rome, or any other iconic locations you can think of.

Imagine the crazy stuff the SSX team could come up with, with that concept.

The closest example i can give is Motor Storm Apocalypse.

That would give them a way to go back to the crazyness of SSX Tricky Tracks.

Maybe you would find a part of the world where ppl weren't as affected and continued evolving, and you see like crazy futuristic cities.

Maybe you even end up finding and snowboarding in a fallen alien mother ship, with a kick ass hover board, like that one you could get in SSX 3.

Man, possibilities are endeless.

I just wanted to share this with you SSX fans, and see what you think of it.

Would you like to play this SSX game?

#2 Edited by JacDG (2112 posts) -

I would not be opposed to this, don't need a backstroy though, just let me grind the Eiffel Tower.

#3 Posted by Bravestar (379 posts) -

came in here to trash whatever idea you had, but a frozen world would be pretty cool. I don't need a back story or anything like that tho. just frozen world and snowboarding everywhere for no reason. videogames.

#4 Posted by D_Justice91 (38 posts) -

OUTER SPACE.

ALIENS

#5 Posted by umdesch4 (770 posts) -

Yeah, I kinda like this idea. I'd buy it.

"You got your Fallout in my SSX!"

#6 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Thats pretty cool, take my money!

#7 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Sold.

#8 Posted by TobbRobb (4415 posts) -

I hate it when titles make me think OP is retarded, then he comes up with a legitimately cool idea.

I need to be a sarcastic dick dammit!

Also, yes, snowboarding down the chinese wall or something would be badass.

#9 Posted by MaFoLu (1854 posts) -

So a sequel to Crysis, the one with icy aliens. 
Nanosuits and snowboards...  
Yes.

#10 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

@TobbRobb: Good thing you'll get to do just that in this installment of SSX then

#11 Posted by TobbRobb (4415 posts) -

@Jack268: What!? I was already sold on the game, don't make the wait harder!

#12 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

@TobbRobb:

#13 Posted by BPRJCTX (705 posts) -

@JacDG said:

I would not be opposed to this, don't need a backstroy though, just let me grind the Eiffel Tower.

Oh yeah, imagine a tipped over Eiffel Tower, with all kinds of lines inside and out, with ice and snow, that you could just slide and grind down...

Awesome!!!

@Bravestar said:

came in here to trash whatever idea you had, but a frozen world would be pretty cool. I don't need a back story or anything like that tho. just frozen world and snowboarding everywhere for no reason. videogames.

HA! Gotcha!!!

But, a back story is needed, even if just to kind of explain the changes to the fans, and give the develpers a mindset to create something different.

#14 Posted by J0PALACE0K (75 posts) -

I agree with most of the other duders; honestly wasn't expecting a great idea but this sounds freaking awesome!

Nice one OP!

#15 Edited by BPRJCTX (705 posts) -

@umdesch4 said:

Yeah, I kinda like this idea. I'd buy it.

"You got your Fallout in my SSX!"

@Hizang said:

Thats pretty cool, take my money!

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Sold.

Alright, awesome, guess all i need to do now, is get in contact with EA or Todd Batty, and let 'hem know there's already money on the table.

#16 Posted by Mesoian (1570 posts) -

@BPRJCTX: sounds like Motorstorm Apocalypse. Which was not very good.

#17 Posted by BPRJCTX (705 posts) -

@Mesoian: Yeah, that's why i gave it as an example.

I wouldn't know if it was good or not, cos i didn't play it, but i'm sure the reason you didn't like it, had nothing to do with the concept of racing in a destroyed city, did it?

#18 Posted by Mesoian (1570 posts) -

@BPRJCTX said:

@Mesoian: Yeah, that's why i gave it as an example.

I wouldn't know if it was good or not, cos i didn't play it, but i'm sure the reason you didn't like it, had nothing to do with the concept of racing in a destroyed city, did it?

Conceptually, no. But that game is a very good representation on why simply racing through destroyed areas doesn't necessarily equate fun gameplay.

#19 Posted by BPRJCTX (705 posts) -

@Mesoian: Yes, but we're talkin' about SSX here, and very few games can do fun the way SSX does it.

Add in crazy ass tracks in some of the most iconic locations in the world (with that twist), and i think you have a recipe for awesomeness!!!

And if anything, it would be a way to keep the pseudo realism of this new series, and bring back the crazyness of Tricky, and 3.

#20 Posted by BPRJCTX (705 posts) -

@TobbRobb said:

I hate it when titles make me think OP is retarded, then he comes up with a legitimately cool idea.

I need to be a sarcastic dick dammit!

Also, yes, snowboarding down the chinese wall or something would be badass.

@J0PALACE0K said:

I agree with most of the other duders; honestly wasn't expecting a great idea but this sounds freaking awesome!

Nice one OP!

Yeah, thanks, i guess, but what's wrong with my title?!

Or is it just something about the internet in general?

If it's that, i can understand your feelings, i don't expect much from ppl omn the internet either, but this Ginat Bomb kinda has a different vibe going on, so i expect more from ppl on this website.

Lots of cool ppl in here.

#21 Posted by TobbRobb (4415 posts) -

@BPRJCTX: Haha, sorry. It was just the combination of not having an avatar, misspelling idea and my complete lack of faith in humanity.

Don't take offense, you seem like a cool duder, I just got a bad first impression. (Pick up an avatar, it really makes a difference).

#22 Edited by Blackout62 (1304 posts) -

Where is your Kickstarter page so that I might invest in this fine idea?

Also I can think of how to make this better: SSX 2142. Best of both worlds.

#23 Posted by BPRJCTX (705 posts) -

@TobbRobb: Lol, about the avatar, i'm just too damn lazy, but maybe i'll do something about that.

But on the misspelling, i'm Portuguese, and to tell you the truth, i never even noticed it untill now, it's not that i don't know the correct way to spell it, obviously i do, it's just that my brain didn't even pick that up, cos that's the portuguese word, so my brain probably just froze over there and mixed the two languages together, haha.

Sometimes it's hard when you know different languages, they can get mixed up very easily, if you're not paying attention.

But i can understand you on the last part, i have also lost faith in ppl.

#24 Posted by ahgunsillyo (440 posts) -

You guys...

What if it snowed in San Francisco?

#25 Posted by BPRJCTX (705 posts) -

@ahgunsillyo: Huh... You could snowboard down the street?

#26 Posted by ahgunsillyo (440 posts) -

@BPRJCTX said:

@ahgunsillyo: Huh... You could snowboard down the street?

More like pull off some Mad Trix.

#27 Posted by imjustbettr@yahoo.com (23 posts) -

Sounds like a no brainer huh?

#28 Posted by BPRJCTX (705 posts) -

@ahgunsillyo: Ha ha, good one, i barely remember seeing that game in magazines, but i never played it, i'll go ahead and guess that it probably wasn't any good, right?

But anyway, yes, that's kind of the premise, snowboard anywhere.

#29 Posted by BPRJCTX (705 posts) -

@imjustbettr@yahoo.com: I don't know, it doesn't seem like they want to go back to just fun times.

#30 Posted by TooWalrus (12986 posts) -

Surfing, Snowboarding, Motocross.

#31 Posted by BPRJCTX (705 posts) -

@TooWalrus: Yeah, i was wonderin' about that...

Was that always the meaning of SSX, or is it something they just made up for the story in the game?

#32 Posted by rmanthorp (3700 posts) -

@BPRJCTX: It used to be Snoboarding Super Cross. Which was awesome. That was made up for the "story" and SUUUUUCKS.

Moderator Online
#33 Posted by BPRJCTX (705 posts) -

@rmanthorp: Oh, i never knew the meaning of SSX before, but i never cared, cos to me, it always meant "AWESOME!!!".

But, it's wierd that they changed it's meaning, just for the forgettable story (if you can even call it a story), they had in the game.

I liked World Tour, actually going through it and doing the events was cool, but the "Story", along with those comics, was crap.

#34 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

@BPRJCTX said:

@rmanthorp: Oh, i never knew the meaning of SSX before, but i never cared, cos to me, it always meant "AWESOME!!!".

But, it's wierd that they changed it's meaning, just for the forgettable story (if you can even call it a story), they had in the game.

I liked World Tour, actually going through it and doing the events was cool, but the "Story", along with those comics, was crap.

I'm with you on actually liking the World tour but yeah, those story elements and comics were atrocious

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.