Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

DLC idea?

Blackhebrew2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Blackhebrew2

Okay I know the game is brand new and probably doesn't need DLC for the next 5 years but I had a good idea for a DLC pack. I was thinking that the SSX 3 mountain should cost your normal 800 MSP, all HD'd up and stuff and integrate the mountain into the USA part of the globe. You could have your trick it event in Perpendiculous, Mercury city etc. While the race it events taking in place in the racing course (I can't remember the names) There would be 3 survive it events Peak 1,2 and 3 respectively.

What do you guys think?

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Djratchet

I'd rather just have SSX 3/Tricky HD for download.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

I'd rather them add skiing in, like they were planning to.

Blackhebrew2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Blackhebrew2

@Djratchet: They could do that too, but then it's 2400 MSP. Which I won't pay.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Djratchet

@Blackhebrew2: How much is that? I don't keep up with MS Moon Bucks values... *googles* Oh $30? Yeah, that sounds about right. I would be down for that.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Humanity

I'd like for to expand on the different suits you can wear and maybe add some really useless crap like keychains, flares in your backpack to leave smoke trails etc. I'm actually dead serious I love dumb customization options.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mesoian

I want costumes that aren't boring. That's one of the most dissapointing things about this game. They did a good job giving mountain ranges personality, but forgot about every actual character. And those stupid minicomics don't count as those are all terrible.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By jaycrockett

I would pay 10 bucks for SSX 3 (or Tricky) levels. That seems like wishful thinking though.

The outfits are disappointing. They appear to be just color swaps. And are there 256 outfits for each character?

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By HadesTimes

I wouldn't hold my breath for DLC. There isn't even a DLC menu item in the game. I get the serious feeling what we have is all we are going to get.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By damswedon

SSX 3's mountain. including a full 30 minute race down the whole thing, and a reset button.

Oh and more DJ Atomika.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By BPRJCTX

@HadesTimes: Yeah, it really seems like EA didn't have much hope for this game, it's almost like they wanted it to fail or something, releasing it so close to Mass Effect 3...

I hope it fucking sells a bajillion copies, so we can get a full featured sequel.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Jaktajj

If this game doesn't get any DLC I will cry several rivers. There's SO much potential for amazing DLC!

CapnThrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CapnThrash

another group of peaks. on the moon.

pyide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pyide

@HadesTimes

I wouldn't hold my breath for DLC. There isn't even a DLC menu item in the game. I get the serious feeling what we have is all we are going to get.

Mount Fuji for NA PS3 acts as DLC, there's no need for a menu in game, once you download a new DLC mountain range they'll show up as a new area on the globe along with everything else. It's a timed exclusive so it'll be 360 DLC eventually, it's pretty crappy though. Only a couple of runs and all tunnels and rails and crevasses. They could do a lot better than that, so I hope they put out at least one new addon. There is plenty of content already but I'd like to see a more traditional peak that's not restricted to just a single route or two like most of the standard drops. Wider than Serenity but also steeper or at least more varied and longer with a lot of paths to choose. Something real long that would take weeks to find an optimal racing line. Something SSX3 full mountain length if possible with many different drop points along the way. Probably impossible to do given how short everything else is, I would love it though.

prikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By prikk

I would pay 10 bucks for DJ Atomicka as heli pilot. Giving me hot updates on what's going on in the mountains.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By Humanity

@CapnThrash said:

another group of peaks. on the moon.

in a saints row the third kind of way this would be awesome. Snowboarding down some crazy moon mountain, the Earth up in the sky and all the riders wear those big astronaut helmets.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I may get hate for this but the only thing keeping me from buying this is the lack of online. I would buy it now if I could race my friends instead of their ghosts. The game looks fantastic but it'd be even better with online.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Twiggy199

Mountains.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By alternate

I suspect - depending on sales - they just release SSX 2 in 2 years time (can't see it being annual).

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By kindgineer

@Blackhebrew2 said:

Why would it be $30? Generally HD'ified games on XBLA are around 1,200MSP. Unless you think it would have to be made on a disc?

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Djratchet

@ccampb89 said:

@Blackhebrew2 said:

Why would it be $30? Generally HD'ified games on XBLA are around 1,200MSP. Unless you think it would have to be made on a disc?

HD remakes generally go for $10-15. He is saying if you got both Tricky and 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.