Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

DLC Plans? Online Pass?

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BPRJCTX

Yeah, i know, a gamer asking about DLC, even before the game has been released...

Sacrilege!!!

But, i'm so used to developers revealing their DLC plans, even before th egame has shipped, that, i'm finding it weird that they haven't said anything about it for SSX.

Some ppl will say that's a good thing, that they are making a complete game, and not taking shit out of it, to sell us as DLC, and i agree with that, but i'm looking at it more like, i want this game to keep getting supported, i want them to keep working on new stuff for it, cos man...

I will be playing this game for a long ass time.

Btw, there was also a rumor about EA turning SSX into and yearly franchise, so that's probably why they aren't making big plans for DLC, cos they only have year to put out a new game.

A part of me thinks that, the more SSX the better, but i don't want them to ruin the series.

The Skate series tried it, and it didn't work out.

Note: By Online Pass, i meant Season Pass. Sorry.

D_Justice91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By D_Justice91

I don't know anything about DLC or a season pass, but I'm all for yearly SSX. I'd love to see skiing brought back into the mix. I LOVED that in On Tour. They actually did it really well too.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By HadesTimes

EA has all ready announced there will be an online pass but that will only effect earning money using the online not actually playing online. DLC, don't think there has been any mention of it yet. But I'm guessing it will not be courses. More likely it will be accessories and gear.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

They could leave it completely unsupported and I'll be fine.

SSX 3 didn't have any additional content releases and such, and I still played it (and only it) for a solid year straight.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By stackboy

More peaks to board down would be great. I'm sure they will wait and see how well it sells first.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Xeiphyer

This game is shipping with a HUGE amount of content, so I'm sure they're just going to pimp that some more and not talk DLC for a while.

As for what kind of DLC we might get... Some popular characters are missing from the roster, so they might release those. New peaks would definitely be the most likely though. I have to imagine they have tons of mountains that didn't make the cut, or weren't finished in time to get into the game that could show up in DLC.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By joshthebear

I'm most be down for more peaks and deadly descents. Maybe some extra characters, but for my money I'd just want more places to ride.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.