Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

Exclusive PS3 content

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By isomeri

In the latest Bombcast it was mentioned that the PS3 copy of SSX will feature some sort of exclusive content. I'd totally forgotten about the E3 announcement of Mt. Fuji being an PS3 exclusive, and apparently there will be further content dedicated to the PS3.

I've played through all the past SSX games on a PS2, and so I think that I would be at home playing through this one with a PS3-pad. But because the online rivalry component is such a big part of the game, I would like to be able to play against my Xbox 360 friends list. As of now I'm torn over which copy to favor. The Quick Look was running on the 360 and showed some frame-rate drops. If the PS3 version turns out to be smoother then I'll definitely lean that way.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Grissefar

Yuck, it's just a single slope on Mt. Fuji. Probably nothing to write hope about if it's of the sort that the game has 150 of.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sooty

Like point based currency, I hope this exclusive bullshit is something that goes away next gen. (it won't)

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#4  Edited By isomeri

@Sooty said:

Like point based currency, I hope this exclusive bullshit is something that goes away next gen. (it won't)

I don't see it going away any time soon. I don't mind timed exclusives and stuff like this would be a lot more palatable if customers on other platforms would at least be given the choice to purchase the content that others get for free.

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 617_jbug

I read that Mt.Fuji is only exclusive to the PS3 in North America only.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@617_jbug said:

I read that Mt.Fuji is only exclusive to the PS3 in North America only.

UK limited edition. Pretty likely we'll see it as DLC in the future.

No Caption Provided
    AFWiehe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By AFWiehe

yr i kinda do want mt fiji thou

so ill be getting it from game

UK of course

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These things are never that good, duder. If you want to play against specific people on Xbox, just get that version. Framerate will probably be the same or maybe even better on Xbox so I wouldn't worry about that.

GolazoDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By GolazoDan

Ordered it from GAME (UK) so yay, I guess.

But yeah, the exclusives are very rarely tiebreakers between console versions. A course here, a character there, which if they're particularly notable will probably be released eventually on all platforms. I'd probably go for the 360 version if you've got lots of friends to compete against, that's one of the main selling points of the game so it'd be a shame to not maximise that experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.