Is this game still alive on PSN?

#1 Posted by MalkavianJD (58 posts) -

I recently picked this game up for $15 off Amazon during Black Friday but i've heard from a few people the game's absolutely dead, is there some truth to this?

#2 Posted by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -

Probably.

#3 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

The game's great regardless, at least whatever bits of it you enjoy (for me it's been trick events on trick-centric tracks). It's asymmetric multiplayer to begin with, and since it's a global thing, there will be some competion in the events for sure.

#4 Edited by AjayRaz (12427 posts) -

well, i think the game is active or not based on your friends list. there's no real multiplayer mode as it's just pretty much trying to beat the scores of people on your friends list for the most part.

so.. if you can find some dudes who are still alive and well on SSX, then yes. otherwise, i don't really know if there's that much multiplayer appeal without a friends list of SSXperts. it's been a while since i've played SSX, so my memory is pretty spotty on the entire thing. if you have nobody to play against on your friends list, all of the drops have global leaderboards.

#5 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Without the head-to-head racing it felt dead to me anyway.

#6 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1124 posts) -

^They patched head to head multiplayer into the game moooooonths ago man.

#7 Posted by CptBedlam (4451 posts) -

Have fun... DYING IN A BOTTOMLESS PIT OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!

Sorry.

#8 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@TrafalgarLaw said:

^They patched head to head multiplayer into the game moooooonths ago man.

Can they patch me in a bit of give-a-damn this late in the game?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.