Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

Multiplayer

titio1300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By titio1300

Anyone know whether or not they've confirmed local multiplayer? Huge fan of the original games but their appeal for me was always in just tricking out with my friends on the couch, that and being a college student means that lack of local multiplayer is a dealbreaker for me, really hopeful though as this could be the best game in a while if it works out.

*Rant Ahead*

Really tired of games these days leaving out local multiplayer, and I don't mean force it in to every game but games that have traditionally been assumed to include it are even leaving it out these days. It's actually really quite surprising that publishers don't seem to realize the huge sales they're losing out by ignoring this aspect. They've become so obsessed with milking out every sale they can at the margins by trying to make online multiplayer the big draw (and restricting it with their online pass) that they've failed to realize that they could easily make up for those loses by doing local multiplayer. Look at some of the biggest sellers of the past year Call of Duty, Just Dance, Madden, FIFA, they all include local multiplayer, its not a coincidence either. Speaking from my own situation as a college student I can tell you that if a game doesn't include multiplayer than it has to be Skyrim level for me to buy it these days. Look at the past too, Goldeneye was successful as hell because people loved getting together on a single couch and having fun. I know today's world is more interconnected with the internet but its still doesn't match the experience of showing up your buddy to his face.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.