Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

No more 30 minute runs...

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BPRJCTX

I was listening to SSX Ubercast, (you can listen to it here: http://ssxubercast.podbean.com/2012/02/16/special-todd-batty-interview-2/), and when the guy asked about the longest run in the game, Todd Batty answered, and in trick it, it's more or less 6 minutes...

I felt pretty bad hearing that...

One of the best things about SSX3, and also one of the best memories of gaming in general, was just, riding down the wholle mountain, in that 30 minute run, just having fun and exploring along the way.

I guess it's gonna be more like Tricky, but man, i'm gonna miss that.

How do you guys feel about that?

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By jacksukeru

I'm not gonna miss the slow-ass level transition parts that's for sure. Other than that I guess it's a bit of a bummer.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By joshthebear

That sucks, I was really hoping for some epic runs of 10+ minutes.

It was great in 3 to load up the 3rd peak run and just ride without interruption for like 25 minutes.

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bravestar

with their new technology of recreating mountains and making that super fast I hoped they would put in atleast one full mountain, without a million rails and super videogamy changes. bummed out by that.

D_Justice91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By D_Justice91

Do you think that it's possible he was just referring to an actual 'run'? Like, as a specific event. Maybe there's still some sort of way (like starting your own custom event online and just staying alone and not starting an event so you can just cruise as long as you can?)

I dunno. I'm definitely gonna look into this, I LOVED in SSX 3 and especially in On Tour where you could start at the very top and go ALL the way done. Took like 24 minutes, so much freaking fun. That's how I used to expose myself to new music. I'd put on a new record I'd never heard and just shred while I took it in. Real zen meditation man. So stoked for this game.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BPRJCTX

@Bravestar said:

with their new technology of recreating mountains and making that super fast I hoped they would put in atleast one full mountain, without a million rails and super videogamy changes. bummed out by that.

Yeah, that would be great, like that one secret track in Tricky.

I loved that track, it was like a test to what SSX 3 would become.

@D_Justice91 said:

Do you think that it's possible he was just referring to an actual 'run'? Like, as a specific event. Maybe there's still some sort of way (like starting your own custom event online and just staying alone and not starting an event so you can just cruise as long as you can?)

I dunno. I'm definitely gonna look into this, I LOVED in SSX 3 and especially in On Tour where you could start at the very top and go ALL the way done. Took like 24 minutes, so much freaking fun. That's how I used to expose myself to new music. I'd put on a new record I'd never heard and just shred while I took it in. Real zen meditation man. So stoked for this game.

I don't know, i think there's no more open world, like in SSX 3, i'd love to be tottaly wrong though.

But i guess that's the price to pay, to have the game set in real locations around the world.

Also, they said in the quick look, that you can't ride alone, like a time trial, which is kinda wierd.

And yeah, i tottaly get what youy're saying, that was like my special place, lol.

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By IAmNotBatman

Sounds good to me.

Toddias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Toddias

I think the game looks great and I am hopeful that it will scratch that SSX itch. But, like many, I will miss the uniqueness of SSX3. It sounds like what everyone really wants is a SSX3 HD Remix. What say you, EA?

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bunnymud

Never played SSX at all, but I imagine that longer runs will become DLC or something if enough people ask for it.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By stackboy

I don't think it's that big of a deal. There's 153 runs in the game.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187

@Stackboy said:

This. I mean, sure - one of the best parts of SSX 3 was being able to start at the top of a mountain, not do any of the actual events, and literally go all the way down the mountain.

With that said, though, it was a CUSTOM MADE MOUNTAIN. These new ones are based on actual regions...all across the world. It's kind of hard to just let you start at the top and go to the bottom when your setup is like that.

Therefore, I'll take 153 different runs in place of one big ass mountain to go down.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By jacdg

It was one of my favorite parts about the last SSX's, hopefully they could add this via DLC? I would've liked some more open courses rather than 153 pretty closed off ones (based on what I know so far).

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BPRJCTX

@Toddias said:

I think the game looks great and I am hopeful that it will scratch that SSX itch. But, like many, I will miss the uniqueness of SSX3. It sounds like what everyone really wants is a SSX3 HD Remix. What say you, EA?

I'd buy 2 copies!!!

@jakob187: Yes, i understand that.

Maybe they'll have something like a trowback DLC, with one big custom mountain.

pyide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By pyide

@Stackboy said:

There are 153 "event drops", every run is doubled up with both trick and race events as you can see in the demo, and I believe they've said the deadly descents / survival runs do both race and trick in global events so those count triple. Which means less than half of what people have been saying for unique runs. That is still a ridiculous amount of content, but the 150+ figure is very misleading when it's not paired with "events"

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By stackboy

@pyide said:

@Stackboy said:

There are 153 "event drops", every run is doubled up with both trick and race events as you can see in the demo, and I believe they've said the deadly descents / survival runs do both race and trick in global events so those count triple. Which means less than half of what people have been saying for unique runs. That is still a ridiculous amount of content, but the 150+ figure is very misleading when it's not paired with "events"

I hadn't thought about it like that before. Still plenty of tracks.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By zaccheus

Yeah the 153 drops is seriously misleading, but if you'd say 50 unique drops that would be more accurate and still pretty damn impressive.

peachesrcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By peachesrcool

It would've been cool if they just took a side of some mountain, didn't mess with it at all and just let us ride down that.

It would be even cooler if they did that with Olympus Mons on Mars...

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By umdesch4

@peachesrcool said:

It would be even cooler if they did that with Olympus Mons on Mars...

I've thought that ever since the days of ActiveWorlds when NASA created that to-scale surface of Mars world and you could walk (for hours) up Olympus. Problem is though, most of the run would be an almost featureless gentle slope that goes on for miles and miles... ;)

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peachesrcool said:

It would've been cool if they just took a side of some mountain, didn't mess with it at all and just let us ride down that.

Or better yet, use this technology to make a new Downhill Domination

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.