Not sure if anyone noticed about the NA Mt Fuji PS3 exclusive.

#1 Edited by Djratchet (669 posts) -

On the back of the NA PS3 box, it says Mt Fuji will be exclusive to PS3 til 8/29/12. So good news for NA 360 owners, I guess. It will be coming eventually. I know Europe has it in both versions (*if you got the "limited edition"*).

#2 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1547 posts) -

Dang, six months of exclusivity. Sony seems to be going in on getting exclusivity on whatever they can as of late.

#3 Edited by Djratchet (669 posts) -

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

Dang, six months of exclusivity. Sony seems to be going in on getting exclusivity on whatever they can as of late.

Yeah. Can't really blame em, what with Microsoft scoring stuff like CoD maps early. They gotta try to get something.

#4 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -

I can't find it on my PS3 version, which is European.

#5 Posted by Venatio (4493 posts) -

Mt Fuji? I have the PS3 version and I can't seem to find it, is it in the game or do I download something

I'm probably just not seeing it

#6 Edited by Djratchet (669 posts) -

@JacDG: Mount Fuji? Oh, I think I know why.There were limited editions in EU that had Fuji and Eddie. My bad, I forgot it wasn't standard.

@Venatio: See my above response, unless you have a North American copy. I think you have to put in the online pass to access it in NA.

#7 Posted by Venatio (4493 posts) -

@Djratchet said:

@JacDG: Mount Fuji? Oh, I think I know why.There were limited editions in EU that had Fuji and Eddie. My bad, I forgot it wasn't standard.

@Venatio: See my above response, unless you have a North American copy. I think you have to put in the online pass to access it in NA.

It's a european copy, so how do I get it? Do I have to buy it? Can I buy it?

#8 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

@Venatio: If you got the Limited Edition version, there should be instructions in the case or something. See if your case looks like the box art i linked.

#9 Posted by BPRJCTX (709 posts) -

Yeah, i'm from Europe, and i got it on the 360, and i have to say that it isn't that great.

It's only 3 drops, which are more like 2, since the two on top end up joining the third one below.

Pretty stupid exclusive deal, can't belieave Sony wastes money on these kind of things.

At least when Microsoft does it, they do it big, with Call of Duty, and GTA, big stuff like that actually makes ppl choose one version over the other, all Sony's doing is pissing of 360 owners, since i don't think anyone with both consoles went for the PS3 instead of the 360 version just because of this, and obviously, no one went out and bought a PS3, because of this.

I think the only deal they ever made that actually makes me want to get the PS3 version over the 360, is the PS3 version of Street Fighter x Tekken, that's a big deal, it's like 5 more characters than the 360 version.

They should focus on less, bigger, and better deals.

#10 Edited by Djratchet (669 posts) -

@BPRJCTX: The whole "We had so much room on the bluray, so here's a previous game from the series" deals are pretty sweet. Getting AC1 with Revelations, DS: Extraction with Dead Space 2, Saint's Row 2 with SR3 (though that was a dl at the last min,still sweet), BioShock 1 with Infinite... WKC 1 with White Knight Chronicles 2... Those are off the top of my head. Super appealing to a cheapass like me, haha

#11 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I'm climbing Fuji in real life later this year, so I'm okay with the lack of it in the 360 version.

#12 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -

@Djratchet said:

well that's stupid, wasn't able to find any of those where I usually get my games.

#13 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Ah, whatever. I have enough peaks as is to satisfiy. They could hopefully add some more peaks for DLC if they wanna,

#14 Posted by pyide (141 posts) -

I wish I could remove Mt Fuji from my copy. I don't care for it at all and I'm sick of seeing it recommended x3 in explore mode. 360 guys should not care one bit they don't have it

#15 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3903 posts) -

For those who hate bottomless pits, Fuji is full of them, so you're not missing much.  I don't have it myself, but I've seen video.

#16 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

I honestly didn't know about this exclusive. That kind of sucks. I've always been slightly curious what Mt. Fuji actually looks like when you're on it. It probably has less grind rails in real life, but I'd still have liked to play there. I might have bought the PS3 version if I'd known

#17 Posted by BPRJCTX (709 posts) -

@Djratchet: Yeah, those are good deals, but, not the kind of deals that do anything for me, since there's a really big chance that, if i'm buying a sequel i probably already own the previous games.

But it's cool for new comers to a series.

I liked it when i got home with Alice Madness Returns, and found out about the first game being included, pretty cool, but it was a downloadable version, bought it on the 360, don't know if it comes on disc on the PS3 version.

But, i never actually played it, i tried it, and it's one of those early 3D platformers that just aged terribly.

But it's still coolwhen they do it.

Didn't know about Bioshock Infinite coming with the first game, that's great, but again, already own and played it a along time ago.

#18 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

I guess I'm the only one who really likes Fuji.

#19 Posted by Redbullet685 (6083 posts) -

@samcotts said:

I guess I'm the only one who really likes Fuji.

I also like it. I wish It had more courses, though.

#20 Posted by pyide (141 posts) -

You really have to like rails and tunnels and crevasses to enjoy it. Those are my three least favorite bits of any course in SSX, and that's pretty much all Mt. Fuji is in this game. Oh, and no scenery because of all the tunnels.

It's almost devoid of fun, even when you get on top of the tunnels it's quite boring and if you aren't careful you may run into some invisible out of bounds areas that kill / reset you... while on snow or in the air.

I feel bad for the suckers that actually buy this as DLC when it's no longer an exclusive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.