Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

Please don't suck.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

I know everyone is miffed and jaded about where this seems to be heading and even though they have dropped the name and say "NAW ITS A REINVENTING OF THE OLD STUFF" that just makes me more worried that they are not focused enough.

I have faith and going back to play Tricky and 3 recently have just made me think how truly great this game can be if it has the tricks and the boosts and the ubers! I am super excited and I guess E3 is the next place to check it out but I don't want to get over hyped and be fooled.

So one of my complaints with previous ones is that they was limited tracks and sure it was fun to master every section of every race but it obviously got repetitive. So HOT DAMN have they sorted that problem! Here is an interview for GT and the head of design claims between 250 - 300 tracks! Now that insane and there is probably some bad wording or trickery in the way each on can be played in 3 different ways or something but the amount of peaks they are talking out compared to 3 in the previous title. I AM SUPER HYPE! I just don't want it to suck so much!
    INTERVIEW: 
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/franchise-relaunch-ssx-deadly/713061

EDIT: Also button controls and not Skate controls is a fantastic announcement!

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

SSX3 might be one of my favourite games, so if this turns out to be a massive departure (and fails), I'll be uber upset.

See what I did there?
    Scapegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Scapegoat

Didn't SSX3 try and go the 'lots of different tracks' route?
    I think that's why SSX3 was disappointing in my eyes... part of the magic of Tricky was how carefully crafted each track was.... no different to the tracks on a Mario Kart game. Learning the quirks and secrets of each one was part of the fun.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
    @GetEveryone
    rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
    @Scapegoat: Yeah 3 did have a lot of different tracks for tricks and stuff and they kinda sucked but the races in 3 were just as well crafted as in Tricky. So that why out of 300 lets hope 100 races are awesome. I get it is super doubtful I just wish it works out haha!
    Tricky was for sure my favorite I would LOVE to see and XBLA release with online.
    Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

My biggest worry about this game is lack of effort put into crafting the mountains, i don't want a race full of randomly generated jumps and rails

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.