Post your Demo Highscore and Best Time!

• 137 results
#1 Posted by Xeiphyer (5602 posts) -

Share your best time and highest score from the two demo slopes, and lets see how we all compare! 

My current highest is 17,709,558 on the Trick It course. I was feeling pretty damn happy being at the top of my friend leaderboard for the past few hours, but someone finally just beat it. Bastard.

I'm rocking a terrible time of 2:13:13 on the Race It course. I've never been very good at the races. Anyone got any tips?

#2 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

Not tried the race yet and I only managed around 6 million on the trick :(

Are you playing on the PSN or Xbox Live?

#3 Posted by redyoshi (149 posts) -

So it's you that's ahead of me. I think I spent a good half hour trying to pass you on my leaderboard. If you're calling 2:13 terrible, my score of ~2:30 must be a whole different level of awful.

I'm not much better at Trick, I think I posted 11 million but any subsequent runs would fall well short of that mark.

#4 Posted by markini6 (445 posts) -

Same, highest was around 7 million, just enough to climch silver. How the hell are you guys getting more than that?

#5 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

So far I'm up to 21 million and best time is 2:10. I cannot get the race time down any further.

#6 Posted by Humanity (9062 posts) -

I've gotten 9.4mil highest on Trick It and half the time it seemed like luck. I used to love On-Tour but something about the trick system here is not clicking with me.

#7 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

Haven't done the trick course yet, got a time 1.20 something on the race, felt pretty good as I got that on my first go and made a lot of mistakes.

#8 Posted by rmanthorp (3913 posts) -

I suck at race sitting at about: 2:13

Trick I got up to 19mil which I feel good about :D

#9 Posted by Chaser324 (6435 posts) -

I'm sitting somewhere around 11 million on the trick course and 2:13 on the race, but you better believe that I'm going to play the hell out of this demo until those improve. I'd like to at least get a little closer to the guys on top of my friends list at 18 million and 2:02.

Moderator Online
#11 Posted by Bravestar (379 posts) -

Trick it: 16,130,180

Race it: 2:08,76

and it will stay like that forever.

#12 Posted by D_Justice91 (38 posts) -

Trick it: 22 million something

Race it: 2:00 (not competely flat, but 2:00.something. I know there's a better trick it score than mine out there but has anyone gotten faster than 2:00 in race it?

Add me on XBL: JammyEntree

#13 Posted by gla55jAw (2688 posts) -

Trick it: terrible, around 3 million (I've only done it a few times)

Race it: I cannot for the life of me get past 2:16 and it's annoying me!

#14 Posted by altairre (1181 posts) -

Trick it: around 13 million (I managed it once to keep up my combo counter until near the end but then I effed it up and crashed)

Race it: 2:07, which I feel pretty good about.

All in all the demo is really, really fun and I´m going to pick it up when it hits stores next week eventhough I had no intentions doing so before I played the demo.

#15 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Trick it: I think I have about 20.5 million

Race it: 2:06

#16 Posted by DerTypDaa (6 posts) -

I got like 22.7 million in Trick It

and my time in the Race was like 2:07.

I really enjoy this game so far.

If you may want to add me : GT Dertypdaa (xbox)... i would appreciate it

#17 Posted by BeefyGrandmole (348 posts) -

Trick it: 19 million

Race it: 2:02

If you want to add me i'm BeefyGrandmole on xbox.

#18 Posted by rmanthorp (3913 posts) -

Up to 23 million. HUUUUUUUUUUAHHHH!

#19 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

I can't get a fucking gold in the Race It. I think that shouldn't have been the first event. Any tips to not fucking suck at it?

#20 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

@buzz_killington said:

I can't get a fucking gold in the Race It. I think that shouldn't have been the first event. Any tips to not fucking suck at it?

Maybe they put it in the demo to extend the life of it; you know, spend a few hours chasing that gold medal. (I don't have it either by the way, I'm nowhere close.)

2:26 in the race- need some tips please

~11.900.000ish in the trick it- getting gold was so satisfying after 2 hours :)

#21 Edited by Spuirrel (85 posts) -

23.7 million 2 hours into playing, those leaderboards really spur you on.

Not so good at the race, still figuring out when to trick and when to line up shortcuts.

Edit: Correction 21.7 million, still good for 2 hours.

#22 Posted by BeefyGrandmole (348 posts) -

@rmanthorp said:

Up to 23 million. HUUUUUUUUUUAHHHH!

Damn it i just beat your last score... i'm on 21 million now.

#23 Posted by MasterNate (8 posts) -

9 million on trick and still to do the race

G-tag is - soap r i p

would be very grateful if people would add me as i only have one person on my leader board thanks :)

#24 Edited by RoBear (54 posts) -

This is my first SSX game, but I was way into Cool Boarders before SSX came out.

I'm on the PSN (Diabeasty) and I haven't tried Trick It yet but after about 2 'n half 3 hours I got 2:08.56 on race it. I see a few places where I can shave a couple seconds off the clock but under 2:00 looks tough.

#25 Posted by simpsonsfan (53 posts) -

@markini6: you have to keep tor trick combo going until the end of the course

#26 Edited by jakob187 (21665 posts) -

My high score as of last night. I'm at #1 on there. Plan on beating that score tonight by at least 2m.

#27 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

1.9 million on my first trick it run

I am the watermark

#28 Posted by Barrabas (326 posts) -

You people and your scores are insane. It took me two days to get a score of 13.4 million on trick and 2:09 minutes on race. Oh and these scores are going to carry over to retail since it's tied to some EA account right?

#29 Posted by jakob187 (21665 posts) -

@simpsonsfan said:

@markini6: you have to keep tor trick combo going until the end of the course

Not true. It helps, but it's better to drop your combo every so often, as the multiplicative ways that the trick combo works will actually result in a smaller score in many cases by the time you finish the match. 130,000 x 20 at least five times in one run equals up the same as (potentially) getting 250k x 50 by the end of a round, but the difference is that you aren't potentially bailing and losing all of those points.

#30 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

2:06 on the race, I still can't get a grasp of the scoring system in SSX, I think the most I got was like 14 or 16 million, but the problem is, I don't know how.

@Vinny_Says said:

@buzz_killington said:

Maybe they put it in the demo to extend the life of it; you know, spend a few hours chasing that gold medal. (I don't have it either by the way, I'm nowhere close.)

2:26 in the race- need some tips please

~11.900.000ish in the trick it- getting gold was so satisfying after 2 hours :)

The trick for races is to use standard controls, since it's easy to boost while doing nose slides to keep your tricky boost from going away.

#31 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

2:09 on the race, just above 20 million (Zoe) on showoff. Don't really have a good handle on how to game this game's score system yet, and not really good at nose slides in showoff.

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

2:06 on the race, I still can't get a grasp of the scoring system in SSX, I think the most I got was like 14 or 16 million, but the problem is, I don't know how.

The trick for races is to use standard controls, since it's easy to boost while doing nose slides to keep your tricky boost from going away.

Yeah, I only found out about board presses today; I got the 2:09 on the race last night without doing that. Did most of the race without Tricky boost, just going wire-to-wire off of the large jumps. Explains why it was such a ridiculous struggle.

On classic controls, it's just hard to do presses. I might actually have to switch styles for scoring purposes O_o.

#32 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

11,3 million in Trick it and 2:12 in Race it. Don't quite get it yet, it being my first SSX et all, but I'm gettng there.

#33 Posted by CrazyBagMan (841 posts) -

High score was 12millionsomething, time was 1:59:29.

#34 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

I'm downloading the demo now, I started earlier but when I got back from class the download failed. Fucking PSN. I'll get some scores up there this weekend :D

#35 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
@jakob187 I've definitely started cashing my combo throughout instead of having a singular one. Went from averaging 12ish million to now averaging 17-18 million.
#36 Posted by Diablochicken14 (114 posts) -

Trick It right now I'm at 16.4 million.

Race It I have 2:00.89 currently, don't think I'll get a run faster than that.

#37 Posted by Garris (187 posts) -

guys guys, how do I do board presses? also 5 mil and 2:20 somehting I think

#38 Posted by MightyDuck (1521 posts) -

I've got a long way to go. Was able to crack 2:23 on race it and a mere 2.5 million on trick it.

#39 Posted by Blackout62 (1339 posts) -

14,409,769 on trick it. I don't know about the community scores but my ridernet puts me at 4th. (Mind you, I'm on PS3.)

Race is whatever the gold is minus 2 seconds.

#40 Posted by BeefyGrandmole (348 posts) -

Just got 01:59:56 on race it and now its time for bed.

#41 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@Garris said:

guys guys, how do I do board presses? also 5 mil and 2:20 somehting I think

On the 360 it's X and B for nose or back.

#42 Posted by Xeiphyer (5602 posts) -

Woo! At least i'm not alone with the Race It time. Though i'm totally going to set fire to all you punks posting 20mil scores on Bulldog.

@SamStrife said:

Not tried the race yet and I only managed around 6 million on the trick :(

Are you playing on the PSN or Xbox Live?

Playing on PSN! You got a blue name too, so assuming you are as well, give me an add if ya like! My PSNID (Or what is it called now? SENID?!) is Xeiphyer

I've been getting mad friend requests over the past few weeks since I put my name on the list in the other thread. I must have like 30 new people added for SSX.
#43 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

@Xeiphyer: Yeah, I added you last night :)

I've got my score up to 12million and my time down 2:16 and I seem to have shit a slight wall, anyone got any tips?

#44 Posted by umdesch4 (772 posts) -

This is discouraging. I've been playing the race over and over for 12 hours now, and I can't break gold. I'm only off by less than a second, but I just can't do it. This doesn't bode well for my abilities with the full version of this game. It's a testament to how great I think the game is that I've done this race over and over and over to the point where my eyes are totally fucked and my thumbs are killing me (I hate consoles with a passion for this very reason). But I don't think I'll be able to have as much fun with this game as I'd hoped. I have to face it. I completely suck, and practice is not helping. Watching videos of other people doing it isn't helping, and reading advice isn't helping either. Dammit!

#45 Edited by Terra1909 (312 posts) -

I'm better at race right now--keep on bailing in that trick course.

Trick: 9 mil something.

Race: 2:06:03

Hints for the race: all ways be boosting, big air does not necessarily mean a good time, avoid that long grinding section on the bridge--take the valley under it instead, and take the tunnel shortcut on the right of the track towards the end.

#46 Posted by Xeiphyer (5602 posts) -
@SamStrife said:

@Xeiphyer: Yeah, I added you last night :)

I've got my score up to 12million and my time down 2:16 and I seem to have shit a slight wall, anyone got any tips?

For Trick It, You wanna try and take the longest path down the mountain as possible, since there's no time limit. Try and find a good path to take that zig zags down the slope, usually I try and go off jumps at an angle so I don't go down the hill as far and can get more jumps in.

Also, doing board presses between jumps keeps your combo going longer and gives you more points. And of course make sure you're boosting forever once you hit tricky.

The other good trick is to get some sort of system for doing tricks down, so you don't do duplicate tricks.

As for the specific track, there's a huge massive jump on the far left at the start of the run, though I haven't been able to get over there very gracefully yet, I imagine that'd add some nice points to the score. I believe they said its one of the biggest jumps in the game in the livestream. Make sure you stay out of that stupid icy crevasse, its very easy to lose your Tricky in there because there is so few jumps, and they're all very small. If you end up in it, just take the first jump back out and continue the combo. Use board presses and small jump tricks until you reach the jump.

My current run starts by doing some jump tricks to get a combo going, then taking the rail that the gold phantom takes, riding that to the end and hitting the jump on the right, you gotta do a board press or you wont make it to the jump in time (You should have tricky already from the rail, so boooooost!), I go off that jump sort of to the left, otherwise you miss the rail down below. I think the rail spits you out in a not great spot, so it might be better to jump off before, I think there is a jump before it turns?   

That's basically my opening though, grabbing the air and landing on the rails. I think I can still improve it a lot.

Definitely try and stick to the left and middle of the map, as the crevasse runs along the right side for quite a while before you reach the dam. Speaking of, that long straightaway before the dam is a great chance for more jump tricks and board pressing. Its essential not to lose your tricky before all those points on the dam!

Basically, board pressing while you're on the ground seems to be the trick to getting better scores. When I was playing yesterday, I was just jumping and doing some small tricks to keep the combo going, but I would miss a lot of jumps because I was in the air and couldn't control properly. 

Oh and make sure you use rewind if you fuck up or miss a huge jump. It costs 5000-8000 score, which is nothing in the long run.
#47 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

@Xeiphyer: Thank you so very much. I think my major problem is that I'm ending up in that right-side ice crevasse every run, which is hurting me a lot. It looks o me like there's ways to avoid every part of that chute which I think will be vital for a 20+ run.

You're currently top of my friends list (and about 3 or 4 people above me in the leader board) but I'll be dammed if I'm not giving you a run for your money by the time the full games out.

#48 Edited by GunstarRed (5126 posts) -

I've been steadily getting better, ghost friends change everything.

went from 4 to 6 to 8ish million , but my best so far is 10,386,330

race - 2.16.20

#49 Posted by Xeiphyer (5602 posts) -
@SamStrife said:

@Xeiphyer: Thank you so very much. I think my major problem is that I'm ending up in that right-side ice crevasse every run, which is hurting me a lot. It looks o me like there's ways to avoid every part of that chute which I think will be vital for a 20+ run.

You're currently top of my friends list (and about 3 or 4 people above me in the leader board) but I'll be dammed if I'm not giving you a run for your money by the time the full games out.

I'm like third now on my damn list =/ Maybe 4th! Buncha jerks posted 19 and 20 mil scores. I haven't had a chance to put my new strategy into action and beat em!
#50 Posted by Chaser324 (6435 posts) -

@SamStrife: Yeah, the line you take is critical to your score. In that one section I think you definitely want to be on the high ground to the left so that you can grind off one of the tree branches into a pretty big jump and then butter all the way across the frozen pond to the dam.

I'm still floating at around 18-19 million myself though. Haven't broken through into 20+ territory yet, but you better believe that I will.

Moderator Online

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.