Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

Pssst, demos out.

• 105 results
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#101  Edited By jakob187

@joshthebear said:

@rmanthorp As far as I know, get your multi up to x20 as soon as possible and try to keep it one combo from the top to bottom.

I experimented with this whole idea a lot. I have found that this actually gimps your score.

As for "tips", you just gotta be magic like me, man. = D

You guys need to understand this: when SSX 3 came out, it was the only game I played for an entire year. It was literally the only game that was ever in my PS2 for an entire year. I didn't touch anything else. I got Platinum on every damn course in that game...and then I continually kept shrinking my race times (which I personally hate the races in SSX anyways) and increasing my trick scores. In turn, this just means that I'm a little beyond obsessive about this game in some ways that I don't know if any of you can possibly comprehend.

It's kind of sad and pathetic actually. LOL

Thank you much for the compliments on the score, guys. I'm hoping that when I get online tomorrow, that score will have been beaten. If not, then expect a higher score to get posted. I'm aiming at 30m, and if I've done my math right, I'm pretty sure you can top out (by legit means) at around 36m on a nigh perfect run. There's a long ways off, but I think it's possible.

@CptBedlam said:

@jakob187: Nice score.... but why am I not in your list? I thought I've added you? =(

I'm pretty sure that I've accepted yours today. I got a LOT of invites from people for SSX. It was kind of insane. LOL I'll double check tomorrow, bro.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#102  Edited By Humanity

How do you chain the combos in this one? I feel like I missed a step or something. In On-Tour I'd get crazy scores by holding down a single combo through the entire run by "Board pressing" you know wheelies on a snowboard. In the previous title that was done by holding back on the stick and it didn't seem to slow you down. Here when using stick controls it definitely seems to slow you down a bunch.

Also I was used to riding rails and holding that position even when coming off them. Here, for example when you sit down on the board and the rail ends my rider seems to assume a different position and I mess up hitting the next segment of rail.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#103  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@jakob187: See I thought that as well, when I got the 19mil I wasn't focused on the combo I was focused on longer tricks. I just can't not think about the combo anymore. I didn't use butter in my 19mil run but now I can't stop holding down the button when I land. It's a problem. As far as SSX3 it is my favourite PS2 game and I played it a LOT. However, I can't see how the skills directly transfer over in 3 I focused on doing more tricks in a jump to build super uber and in 2012 it seems like holding the one trick off a jump is much more effective. I love how this is sitting with me for so long. I CAN'T WAIT TO BUST IT OPEN.

HELL no it's not sad or pathetic it's fucking admirable duder.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#104  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@D_Justice91: 20 mil DUDER DAMMMNN. You just asked me how I got that high then you go and bust it open. Nice one. I dropped from 1st to 6th overnight on my RiderNet list, love it, let's keep on building troops. Gotta get on it hard when I get home. Can't wait.

23 Million. Boom. Love it more and more as I play it!

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By CaLe

@rmanthorp said:

23 Million. Boom. Love it more and more as I play it!

You are the only one ahead of me on my list and I've come so close many times^^ My average is like 21mil now.. Just a matter of time. Well I guess you can say the same :P

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#106  Edited By jakob187

Goddamn you, JoshTheBear. You are a muthafucker, sir.

That 26m is going down tonight, though. I'm now hitting at least 14-16m by the end of the first half of the course. Now I just gotta finish the second half of the damn course. = D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.