Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

Score when Grinding?

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Hooded

So when i'm grinding i'm unsure if its best to just do one big long grind, or keep changing between the grinds (hitting the face buttons X/Y/B) does anyone know which is best for score?

Or is grinding just not really good for score?

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Xeiphyer

I usually grind until it becomes "Huge", then try and jump and do an air trick which is also hopefully Huge, and then land and continue grinding until jumping at the end. Why? Because huge and massive tricks increase your combo (at the bottom, max 20x). Grinding doesn't seem to give all that many points anyways though, so trying to do air tricks off jumps is preferable, unless its a great rail leading up to a huge jump. It really varies by length of rail though.

To specifically answer your question, its better to hold the trick because you'll get more points once it becomes "Massive", and unless you're needing to build your combo up to 20x before the end of the run to cash in your trick combo, its better to keep holding it instead of switching it up.

Tag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Tag

Gridning while in "Yello Tricky" mode until huge add 10k to your combo bonus, combined with 20x multipler is 200k per grind. I find this is the best to do, ie grind until huge than switch to a seperate grind

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

^All above is true. However, I use grind to get into Tricky and Super Tricky. Which comes faster when mashing out different grinds. So it depends on what you want.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Hooded

Awesome, thanks guys, you helped alot, I just used to hammer on the buttons, switching the grinds every second or so. I'll try what you guys are saying :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.