Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

Speed or boost for races?

MST3k_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MST3k_Crow

Is it more important to have a high speed stat or boost stat for race events? I have been using more boost stat heavy characters and boards but I was wondering if this is the way to go. If this has been asked I am sorry I did a search but did not find any topics on it.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By umdesch4

Friend of mine who's playing this and doing reasonably well says he prefers boost stat, as he figures you should be in Tricky mode and constantly boosting anyway, rarely relying on your base speed stat.

HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HotSauceMagik

Yeah after reading umdesch4's comments, I kinda of came to this conclusion. I guess the only time speed really help is in flats when you run out of boost or like right at the start before you do any tricks. otherwise you should probably be full of boost most of the time, hence, the greater emphasis on the boost stat.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By NickL

I definitely prefer boost. The way I see it, if i'm not in tricky for 95+% of a run then I still need to optimize my route.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By zaccheus

Genreally: boost, but there are some drops that don't offer much trick opportunities and speed can be useful. It depends what you are trying to do. If you are just going for gold medals both pretty much work if you are going for super times, you should be in tricky pretty much all of the time so definitely boost.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.