Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

Spin-flips look unimpressive

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ares42

So, I'm completely new to the franchise, but I've played a few skate/snowboard games in the past. One of the things that really popped out for me was the spin-flips in this game. There's just something about the sync of pace that makes it look really... bland? Doing just raw spins or flips looks much cooler than the combination of both. I think it might have something to do with the fact that you can't do "sideways" flips. What I mean by that is that all my flips always rotate front-to-back and not right-to-left. Might just be something about the controls I haven't figured out though ? If not, I'm sure it's more realistic, but it really makes spin-flips look really boring. Guess I'm just used to overly "gamey" stuff where people do 720s in every flip etc :P

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By iam3green

did you figure out how to do like 360 flips? i haven't played the game yet. i don't think you can do sideflips.

i've only played ssx tricky.

Rerejo28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rerejo28

See, the problem is you should be pushing every single button as fast as you can, like you are seizing, as SOON as you get in the air... THAT is how you play SSX, you are thinking too hard.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By stackboy

I haven't had an issue with it, but I am a big fan of the old games. The spin animations feel much like they were in SSX3.

wfolse1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By wfolse1

@Ares42: I actually totally get where you are coming from. When I saw the Quick Look EX, the way the guy was playing actually turned me off of the game a little bit. I guess I'd kind of like to see the skate to this game's THPS, at least as far as the tricks are concerned. The game as a whole looks quite good, though.

wizpig64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wizpig64

Spins get a lot more crazy when you wind them up, rather than starting them in the air.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By zaccheus

You get more points by doing pure flips, so if you are going for score NEVER spin. Well actually you get most points from spin-flips, but they are so much slower to do that spins net you more points especially on big jumps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.