Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

Who has fallen prey to purchasable credits?

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By MEATBALL

I have. I know, I'm crazy, but Eddie had a big head suit that I couldn't afford! I didn't even know you could get big head/hands suits! And I already had points lying there, it didn't even feel like real money! Anyone else fallen victim to their own stupidity like this?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ares42

Well, sitting at 42 million credits in-game now, and this is the first SSX game I've ever played. Global events pay out way way way too much :P Only reason you would have to buy credits was if you didn't do global events at all.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By bibamatt

@MEATBALL: How much did the item cost in credits? I haven't seen any of the crazy stuff, yet!

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Arker101

@MEATBALL: Man, I feel for you. If there was a big head mode that I might never see again, I'd have done the same thing.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Seppli

As soon as you have a couple of million bucks and you can enter Global Events with high drop fees, you'll swim in cash if you have at least enough skill to post a 'Silver' run. Did a platinum run on a 2 million drop event which paid out 15 millions.

Suits only cost like 14k. Just keep buying suits until cool suits pop up. Some are legendaries with glow effects and stats bonus, respectively big head and hands - they are quite pricey though - like a million a piece. Now if a birthday suit would pop up... I'm a sucker for nude patches. ;D

tl;dr - play global events, buy suits out the wazoo, awesome suits achieved.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BPRJCTX

No, i would - for the first time - have bought stuff for my Xbox Avatar, but, they didn't want any more of my money, so...

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By stackboy

Every time I play for at least an hour I make at a minimum 500k credits. Plus you could just keep playing the short runs over and over and earn good bank.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

Why would anyone NEED to use real money to buy credits? SSX hands out credits like water flowing from a river.

Man, I've been slacking on my time with SSX. Stupid Old Republic has gotten more interesting than it should've.

pyide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By pyide

Doing some high stakes Global Events is like purchasing credits with credits, have earned 50 million in winnings from those alone thus far. Like Seppli says, a 2 million buy in = 15 million credit pay out in the Platinum Bracket. It's a bit ridiculous.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By MEATBALL

Yeah, it wasn't until a while after I'd done this that I found a Global Event with a million credit buy-in that netted me a few million the next day. I'd amassed what I thought was a pretty decent amount of credits, but this Big Head suit (worth a few hundred thousand) showed right after I'd gone on a bit of a buying spree. Like I said, it was stupid, given how easy it is to earn credits by playing the game, but big head suit! And man, when your points are below the 800 mark it barely even feels like it's actual money sitting there, sometimes.

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bunnymud

I admit that I did. I was drunk and was checking out the menu when I first got the game. Next thing I knew I bought like 200,000 credits or something.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

NOPE.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.