Double Fine's Stacking Priced and Dated

• 75 results
#51 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

I hope this is as much fun as costume quest.  Tim Shafer makes quality short games, Brutal Legend was fun but just too long.  Love the art style, more of this please Tim :)

#52 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

Good price. 

I'll get it.

#53 Posted by lollisloth (11 posts) -

Looking forward to it.

#54 Posted by NowSayPillow (183 posts) -

Can't wait for this to come out.

#55 Posted by S2333 (86 posts) -

There are times I wish I had a 360 or PS3. I could also hope this comes to PC but I doubt that is going to happen.

#56 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -

This is gonna be great?

#57 Posted by JackSukeru (5906 posts) -

I never did try out Costume Quest :( The demo is still sitting on my crossmedia bar. I do love what I've seen of this game though so maybe.

#58 Posted by Undeadpool (4913 posts) -
@Purple_Proletarius said:
" @Undeadpool said:

" @YoungFrey said:

" My least favorite part of any downloadable release is listening to people complain about the price per length.  Until I hear people complain about a $60 being less than 12 hours long.  I won't accept any "$15 for 3 hours" complaints either.    "
Agreed. People will happily shell out $10 for a two hour movie (or even $15 for a 3D movie), but $15 for a game that will last 3+ hours is suddenly an insurmountable concept. "
Length =/= Value. For example, I would much rather see Blue Valentine and Rabbit Hole than play Monday Night Combat.  Also, I never pay $10 for a movie. Netflix/matinee pricing.     "
I was just using that as a roughly comparative metric to make the point. It's just weird to me that 3 or so hours of excellent gameplay isn't worth $15, but 2-3 hours of excellent storytelling in a movie is worth anywhere from $8-15, assuming excellence from both products.
#59 Posted by xaveri (154 posts) -

Been waiting for this one. Let me get my wallet... wait... damn, a few weeks to go.

#60 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2481 posts) -

I wonder how many guys have been searching for a legitimate excuse to play with dolls.

#61 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

Very interesting and a unique idea but 15? i wouldn't pay more then 10.

#62 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Alright I'm in. Like I said before I'll have no problem paying money if there's a chance it will go to fund a Psychonauts sequel.

#63 Posted by ribeye (411 posts) -
@jonnyboy said:
" Alright I'm in. Like I said before I'll have no problem paying money if there's a chance it will go to fund a Psychonauts sequel. "
count me in
#64 Posted by Alphonzo (756 posts) -

I'm more interested in this game than I was in the last Halo and Call of Duty and Gears of War 3

#65 Posted by honeycut1 (142 posts) -

Yep I'll be picking this up

#66 Posted by mbkish (244 posts) -

After re-watching that quicklook I am definitely buying this.

#67 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -

I just love the aesthetic and the game looks really neat. I have to say the folks at Double Fine are hitting the right spot with their smaller games.

#68 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -

I just love the aesthetic and the game looks really neat. I have to say the folks at Double Fine are hitting the right spot with their smaller games.    

#69 Posted by kalmis (1558 posts) -

Looks good and I will get it one day. When its cheaper. Got more than enough games to play so I can wait.

#70 Posted by BBQBram (2206 posts) -

Support originality, buy Stacking!

#71 Posted by Wuddel (2079 posts) -

I'll pass - way too much in the backlog.

#72 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (680 posts) -

I was hoping for ten dollars. I'll wait and see how the reviews are. 

#73 Posted by radioactivez0r (833 posts) -

I've got most of my disc games packed up in storage right now, so XBLA is where most of my gaming is coming from.  Really excited for this, and I loved Costume Quest so much I'll happily pay full price for the next DF game.

#74 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -

God, I can't wait for this game.. Looks hilarious and quirky!

#75 Posted by UberGeekyGirl (18 posts) -

I really like the look of this game. I'm putting it on my list of games to play. 

Using Russian dolls in a game is awesome and I love the use of "people stuff" to create this world that the Russian dolls live in. 

Looks and sounds great.

#76 Posted by RagingLion (1363 posts) -

Please come to PC.  Pretty please.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.