Stacking DLC "The Lost Hobo King" Hitting This April

Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Surprise! A downloadable add-on is coming to Stacking. On the heels of an achievement list leak, THQ has confirmed “The Lost Hobo King,” a chunk of DLC that will add a new story, a new environment, new challenges, and a total of 15 additional dolls with brand new powers to the game. No word on pricing, but it has been confirmed that The Lost Hobo King will come to both PSN and Xbox Live Marketplace at some point later this April. 

In brief, The Lost Hobo King will have Charlie recovering a fragmented crown and then re-forging it in order to restore a hobo to power in the kingdom of Camelfoot. You just can’t make this copy up:

In The Lost Hobo King, Charlie travels to the kingdom of Camelfoot to help his hobo friend Levi with an important family matter. Levi’s uncle Rufus, heir to the throne of Hobo, may only take his rightful place if the lost crown can be found. To recover the fragmented crown, Charlie must use his unique talents to overcome several tests of valor left by the ancient hobo mystics. It is only then that the ancient crown can be re-forged, Rufus crowned, and the fractured hobo people united under one sardine.

== TEASER ==I get the vibe that The Lost Hobo King will be similar to the Costume Quest expansion in both scale and price. If that's the case, you’re looking at tossing 5 bones Double Fine’s way later this April for a bite-size way to extend the experience for another couple of hours. Obviously, we don’t know if that’s the case quite yet with Stacking’s add-on, but we’ll report back when these details are out in the open.       
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Surprise! A downloadable add-on is coming to Stacking. On the heels of an achievement list leak, THQ has confirmed “The Lost Hobo King,” a chunk of DLC that will add a new story, a new environment, new challenges, and a total of 15 additional dolls with brand new powers to the game. No word on pricing, but it has been confirmed that The Lost Hobo King will come to both PSN and Xbox Live Marketplace at some point later this April. 

In brief, The Lost Hobo King will have Charlie recovering a fragmented crown and then re-forging it in order to restore a hobo to power in the kingdom of Camelfoot. You just can’t make this copy up:

In The Lost Hobo King, Charlie travels to the kingdom of Camelfoot to help his hobo friend Levi with an important family matter. Levi’s uncle Rufus, heir to the throne of Hobo, may only take his rightful place if the lost crown can be found. To recover the fragmented crown, Charlie must use his unique talents to overcome several tests of valor left by the ancient hobo mystics. It is only then that the ancient crown can be re-forged, Rufus crowned, and the fractured hobo people united under one sardine.

== TEASER ==I get the vibe that The Lost Hobo King will be similar to the Costume Quest expansion in both scale and price. If that's the case, you’re looking at tossing 5 bones Double Fine’s way later this April for a bite-size way to extend the experience for another couple of hours. Obviously, we don’t know if that’s the case quite yet with Stacking’s add-on, but we’ll report back when these details are out in the open.       
#2 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (439 posts) -

I love stacking. 

#3 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

I love stacking. 

#4 Edited by BasketSnake (1213 posts) -

I love stacking.

#5 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

I loved Stacking, and I completed it, but not 100%. It was a really fun game, I was addicted for hours for a few days, then I haven't touched it since. 

Really need to 100% it, and complete Costume Quest while I'm at it.

#6 Posted by Thoseposers (786 posts) -

Just beat the game and i want more as soon as possible!

#7 Posted by radioactivez0r (851 posts) -

I was waiting for a sale on the game (maybe with the DLC release?), but I want to support DF and it looks plenty fun for $15.

#8 Posted by Daveyo520 (6798 posts) -

That is a great name.

#9 Posted by Sin4profit (2938 posts) -

man i really need to play stacking. Enjoyed the demo, i'm just backlogged. i haven't even started Borderland's Robot Revolution that i bought.

#10 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Such an amazing game. Definitely on my game of the year list.

#11 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I will buy this.

#12 Posted by PatVB (331 posts) -

Anyone else think "Camelfoot" sounds suspiciously to something much dirtier?

#13 Posted by skinnyluigi (26 posts) -

500 nintendo dsi points, its been confirmed by Duke Nukem

#14 Posted by SSully (4199 posts) -

Charge me 5 bucks for it and you got a sale double fine!

#15 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

Yay?

#16 Posted by LTSmash (630 posts) -

Best DLC title since Borderlands.

#17 Posted by JackSukeru (5917 posts) -

Good game, pretty fun too. Not a 100% on if I'll pick this up or not, but I'm leaning towards yes.

#18 Edited by EgoCheck616 (782 posts) -

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
I have every Stacking / Costume Quest (+DLC) trophy.
Sign me up.

#19 Posted by Poki3 (527 posts) -

A lot of people have this game through PS Plus so I predict a lot of people will buy the DLC.

#20 Posted by MisterMouse (3555 posts) -

awesome! dlc for stacking is always good news.

#21 Posted by BloodEmblem (19 posts) -

I got the game for free since I'm a PSN+ subscriber, I'll DEFINITELY be buying this DLC. Such an amazing game.

#22 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2382 posts) -

Stacking: The Fellowship of the Crown 
Stacking: The Two Sardines
Stacking: The Return of the Hobo King

#23 Posted by Slax (928 posts) -

I just watched the quick look for the first time. Don't know why I thought this was just some Puzzle game when Double Fine was working on it. How wrong i've been...

I must play it.

#24 Posted by RedFive (143 posts) -

Great name for DLC or THE GREATEST name for DLC?

#25 Posted by Milkman (16851 posts) -

NOOOOOO! My S-rank!

#26 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

This has been news for some time, I ent to get the last cheevios for 200/200 when I found out there were five more out of the blue.

#27 Posted by sgoodwi (3 posts) -

cool

#28 Posted by fox01313 (5074 posts) -

Glad that Double Fine has some top notch people writing things like this. Really shows that they know how to make a great hook to get back into the game iwth some DLC.

#29 Posted by Pinefresh (34 posts) -

Definitely looking forward to this. It's a fantastic game and the DLC sounds interesting, but I'm also physically stuck in the game and I'm looking forward to the impending patch so I can start playing again without starting over.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.