Stacking free for PlayStation Plus Subscribers

#1 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (834 posts) -

Stacking comes out next week on PSN and Xbox Live, but if you are a subscriber to PlayStation Plus, you're probably going to pick it up on Sony's system. Why? Because it's FREE!

#2 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

It's not free, this is exactly what your $50 a year goes towards. 
But yeah, great news for subscribers.

#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

It's not free. It's $50 a year.

#4 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Fuck that, I want to support Double Fine not fucking Sony.

#5 Posted by smitty86 (699 posts) -

Hopefully this is a sign that Sony will finally get their shit together with the Playstation Plus stuff. B/c up to this point, it has been pretty awful. Especially in the US when you compare it to what Euro Plus members have gotten.

#6 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

EU gets SOCOM beta this month...I don't want this game, I want SOCOM.

#7 Posted by DoctorTran (1565 posts) -

This cool and all, and I'll download it. But still going to buy it on XBLA.

#8 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
" Fuck that, I want to support Double Fine not fucking Sony. "
Don't worry. I'm sure Sony payed a healthy amount of cash to Double Fine to do this.
#9 Posted by VicRattlehead (1399 posts) -

my friend gave me his playstation + account when he traded in his PS3.. this is great news lol :D

#10 Posted by TurboMan (7604 posts) -

PSN+ is the greatest deal ever... I love being a member.

#11 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5441 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" PSN+ is the greatest deal ever... I love being a member. "
Same! 

Getting this day one!
#12 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
I find it to be a pretty terrible deal honestly.
#13 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @TurboMan said:
I find it to be a pretty terrible deal honestly. "
Care to elaborate? Because I've found it to be a pretty good deal. They've put out a ton of free stuff on there, like Wipeout, the entire Sam and Max series, etc. as well as giving you discounts on stuff and beta access to some games without having to preorder. I know it's nothing that you can keep when your subscription lapses, but I've easily gotten more than my money's worth out of my PS+ membership in the few months I've had it.
#14 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (698 posts) -

That's awesome for Playstation Plus members. Glad that Sony is doing right by them.  

That being said, I'm really anxious to see the reviews for this game. I'm curious to see if this'll be worth the purchase on Xbox Live instead of being my usually cheap self and waiting for it to go on sale later this year. 

#15 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@benjaebe said:
" @CL60 said:
" @TurboMan said:
Care to elaborate? Because I've found it to be a pretty good deal. They've put out a ton of free stuff on there, like Wipeout, the entire Sam and Max series, etc. as well as giving you discounts on stuff and beta access to some games without having to preorder. I know it's nothing that you can keep when your subscription lapses, but I've easily gotten more than my money's worth out of my PS+ membership in the few months I've had it. "
Very rarely are there things on there that I actually care about, you don't actually own the stuff. Which makes it cost way more than it's worth to me.
#16 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -
@benjaebe said:
" @CL60 said:
" @TurboMan said:
Care to elaborate? Because I've found it to be a pretty good deal. They've put out a ton of free stuff on there, like Wipeout, the entire Sam and Max series, etc. as well as giving you discounts on stuff and beta access to some games without having to preorder. I know it's nothing that you can keep when your subscription lapses, but I've easily gotten more than my money's worth out of my PS+ membership in the few months I've had it. "
Yeah i've really never seen why people have such a big problem with PS+. Hey if people wanna pay $50 a year to get well over $100 of content for the year then why not? It's not like they're forcing it on anybody.
#17 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@canucks23 said:
" @benjaebe said:
" @CL60 said:
" @TurboMan said:
Yeah i've really never seen why people have such a big problem with PS+. Hey if people wanna pay $50 a year to get well over $100 of content for the year then why not? It's not like they're forcing it on anybody. "
Because out of that 100 dollars worth of content, I will only care about 1% of it.
#18 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @canucks23 said:
" @benjaebe said:
" @CL60 said:
" @TurboMan said:
Yeah i've really never seen why people have such a big problem with PS+. Hey if people wanna pay $50 a year to get well over $100 of content for the year then why not? It's not like they're forcing it on anybody. "
Because out of that 100 dollars worth of content, I will only care about 1% of it. "
Well then i guess it's not for you. Simple enough. There are plenty of people out there who don't read up on games a lot, and don't buy a lot of psn games that could get a lot of value out of this stuff. They get to experience a lot of games in a year for a pretty reasonable price.
#19 Posted by NinjaHunter (973 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" EU gets SOCOM beta this month...I don't want this game, I want SOCOM. "
Doesn't Killzone 3 come with an invitation to the Socom beta in the US? That's what I've heard.
#20 Posted by Enigma777 (6076 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @TurboMan said:
I really felt ripped off at first but it has slowly started to earn it's price. Especially lately
#21 Edited by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -
@CL60: 

I dont understand peopel using the "you dont own it" argument. Do you own the DVDs you rent from Netlficks or the Games you rent from Gamefly? No, if your service lapses, you have to return those. IMO im getting more out of it then I am my live subscription. What does live give me? a sports app I never use? twitter and face book access thats better on a damn smartphone? Netflicks thats on EVERYTHING for no additional charge for the app? Multiplayer that I rarely use? Honestly, people still pay for live because weve just gotten used to it.
#22 Posted by TurboMan (7604 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @benjaebe said:
" @CL60 said:
" @TurboMan said:
Very rarely are there things on there that I actually care about, you don't actually own the stuff. Which makes it cost way more than it's worth to me. "
I don't own it, sure, but I'm never going to play most things after I've beaten it and moved on to the next one 

and I guess you find the deal to terrible, but I've gotten Wipeout HD ($20), Sam and Max series ($30), Stacking ($15), Sackboys prehistoric movies ($7), discounts, access to Killzone 3 and Assassins creed beta, and early access to some demos and games... 

#23 Posted by Surkov (992 posts) -

If the rumors are true and the next PS+ update adds cloud-saves, that coupled with this news might make me get a PS+ account. 

#24 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

Oh so this is how you know the game will be poor.

#25 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -
@CL60: I had the same view as you but I decided to put down the $50 for a year and 3 months and I'm pleasantly surprised. I got Wipeout HD, an entire Sam and Max season etc, some of the discounts have helped me out (like discovering Money Puzzle Exchanger from the PS1 import store for $3), getting free PSP minis has brought new life to my PSP, hints at free map packs when big Sony games like Killzone 3 and Socom 4 come out, and features like cloud saving are gonna be great as I will soon have 2 PS3s. For me it is totally worth it, now if you had a 360 and that was your main online console or didn't have a PSP it would be a waste. I'd say the rate at which a PS+ update disappoints me is 1/4. 
#26 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

Digging up a four day old thread: But it's after 6:00 pm on the west coast right now. Feb 8th only has a few hours left, and this thing still isn't out for PSN+ Subscribers.

Apparently, someone at Sony forgot how to tell time.

#27 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -
@vidiot said:
"Digging up a four day old thread: But it's after 6:00 pm on the west coast right now. Feb 8th only has a few hours left, and this thing still isn't out for PSN+ Subscribers. Apparently, someone at Sony forgot how to tell time. "

Okay, im glad its not just me. It usually updates at like 2. 
#28 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -
@Bloodgraiv3 said:
" @vidiot said:
"Digging up a four day old thread: But it's after 6:00 pm on the west coast right now. Feb 8th only has a few hours left, and this thing still isn't out for PSN+ Subscribers. Apparently, someone at Sony forgot how to tell time. "
Okay, im glad its not just me. It usually updates at like 2.  "
Yea they're super late with the store update today.
#29 Posted by Redbullet685 (6054 posts) -
@canucks23 said:
" @Bloodgraiv3 said:
" @vidiot said:
Yea they're super late with the store update today. "
I've been looking forward to DLing Stacking all day, and its not even out yet. Sony is lazy.
#30 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -
@Redbullet685 said:
" @canucks23 said:
" @Bloodgraiv3 said:
" @vidiot said:
Yea they're super late with the store update today. "
I've been looking forward to DLing Stacking all day, and its not even out yet. Sony is lazy. "

Exactly! That was my thing for the day haha
#31 Posted by ChristianCastillo (1178 posts) -
@Detrian said:
" Oh so this is how you know the game will be poor. "
How so?  You do know Sony payed Double Fine to do this, right?   It's not just like they are giving it away for free to PS+ members
#32 Edited by X19 (2306 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:

" EU gets SOCOM beta this month...I don't want this game, I want SOCOM. "

Do we? Awesome. 

Oh and I love Stacking well worth a play.
#33 Posted by Omelet_Pants (166 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" It's not free. It's $50 a year. "
He didn't say PS+ was free.  He said that if you're a PS+ subscriber, then the game is free, which is an accurate statement.  FYI, it's only free for the first month, so if you have PS+, you better pick it up now!
#34 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.