Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Call Of Pripyat (Зов Припяти) is the third game in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise, and picks up shortly after the events of the original game. Call of Pripyat takes elements from both the original game and the prequel, Clear Sky, and is generally considered the most polished and most accessible game in the series.

CALL OF PRIPYAT COMPLETE OMG OMG

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By thatfrood

Yes that's right! ArtistPavel is back and he's releasing Call of Pripyat complete!
    http://artistpavel.blogspot.com/2010/04/mod-call-of-pripyat-complete.html

For those who played the original Stalker games, why this is important shouldn't be news to you!
    For those who don't play the Stalker games, I'll put it like this: every time anyone mentioned they were installing the original Stalker, a fan of the game would tell him to be certain to install the Stalker Complete Mod. The original Stalker Complete Mod was ubiquitous with the final version of Stalker:SoC. Pretty much every single fan of Stalker agreed that Stalker Complete was the way Stalker was meant to be played.
    It improved the textures, gunplay, mechanics, patches the game, and in general just polished the shit out of the motherfucker. It was still a Stalker game, mind you, it doesn't turn the game into CoD, but damn if it didn't ramp up the atmosphere by powers of ten.

AND NOW THERE CALL OF PRIPYAT COMPLETE IS COMING OUT! DUDES, CALL OF PRIPYAT COMPLETE! I'm re-installing it just so that I can play through it again with this mod!

Full list of changes:

Graphics

The weather system in this mod is constructed out of two primary components: the classic Complete Weather that has put this series on pages of magazines, and the popular and widely acclaimed AtmosFear massive weather overhaul by Cromm Cruac, effectively making it the biggest graphical collaboration in the game series’ history. Featuring incredible diversity in weather conditions and landscapes varying between game areas, the graphical enhancements include:

• Distant scenery texturing and an increased actor visual distance that put the player in the middle of a large open world, rather than the previously “enclosed” map
    • 11 dynamic weather cycles (compared to only four in the base game) including a unique probability factor for each different game environment area
    • 26 Complete Weather and 123 AtmosFear new photorealistic sky cube textures
    • Authentic scenery recreation using our original photographs of the Russian industrial town of Mednogorsk, which represents how Pripyat once was
    • The Jupiter and Pripyat game areas feature the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, the Limansk radar and the Red Forest Brainscorcher visible on the horizon line
    • High resolution nighttime constellation map and full moon
    • Dynamic Depth of Field that changes according to weather conditions
    • AtmosFear Emission sequence with dramatic scenery and a complex shockwave particle system

Textures

The included Absolute Nature and Absolute Structures texture packs solve the game’s most noticeable visual shortcoming: overall blurry textures and noticeable grass pop-in. With over a thousand new and reworked original textures (with gradual sharpening of separate MIP map levels in every texture), the game environment remains sharp as it fades in the distance. These texture packages have been customized and further edited to
    match the rest of the Complete series’ art style. The most noticeable enhancements include:

• Sharpened metal and concrete structures, effectively changing the way the much of the game appears
    • Color corrected ground and foliage textures designed to be unique for each game area
    • Reworked foliage and terrain, making the grass draw line less noticeable
    • Detailed texturing for most weapons
    • Refined human and mutant body textures
    • New, detailed textures such as smoldering firewood, leaves, sand and stones
    • Vehicles are now retextured to appear realistically rusted and abandoned

A.I.

The artificial intelligence has been greatly improved, giving NPCs new abilities such as:

• Weapon Selection - NPCs are now able to determine the best weapon for the situation based on the number of rounds they have left for their weapon and distance to target, switching appropriately.
    • Using Add-Ons - NPCs are able mount add-ons, such as scopes, silencers, and grenade launchers, and use them accordingly.
    • Armoring Allies – NPCs can now be equipped with player-selected weapons by either dropping them by or selling to them to NPCs. To ensure NPCs continue using their new weapons be sure to also sell or drop by them ammunition for the weapon, which then acts as an infinite ammunition supply.
    • Friendly Fire - NPCs avoid friendly fire, and they will even stop firing and switch positions if their allies get caught in it.
    • Melee - NPCs use melee attacks with rifle butts and knifes when the opposition gets close enough.
    • Self-Healing - NPCs are able to heal themselves by using Medkits if hurt badly and apply bandages when bleeding.
    • Reloading - NPCs are able to reload their weapons when needed.
    • Stealth - Actor footsteps, knife use, silenced weapons, and the sounds of fallen bodies won't alert nearby enemies unless they are observed.

Bug Fixes

Since S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat is the most stable title released in the series, it naturally doesn't require extensive bug fixing. However, there are some remaining bugs and glitches that have been eliminated:

• Unreachable Stashes Fix - Makes the unreachable stashes (such as items that are wedged or stuck in environmental geometry) accessible.
    • Jupiter Scanners Fix - Fixes the bug where the player could place the initial three anomaly scanners into the two additional anomaly fields that scanners aren’t supposed to be put in until later, which caused errors in the mission’s completion.
    • X8 Burers Fix - Fixes a bug in scripting that gives the three Burers in the X8 secret room extremely large health regeneration (which made them virtually invincible).
    • One Shot Fix - Fixes a potential game lockup during the One Shot mission cutscene.
    • Helmet Fix - The actor’s helmet in third person view now matches the one equipped.
    • Crow Fix – Fixed excessive crow spawning, eliminating the masses of crows that would occur after repeated quickloading.
    • PKM Ironsight Fix - Enables the use of ironsights on PKM machine gun.
    • Berill-5M Fix - Allows Berill-5M armored suite to be upgraded.
    • Bodies Cleaner - Removes creature bodies at certain time intervals, reducing their unnecessary presence in the environment and improving the game engine’s performance.

Localization

Since the game was made by a foreign studio, quite a few language related errors in dialogue, translation, and text in the English localization exist. As with the first game in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, misspelled words, typos, grammatical errors, and humor lost in translation can be charming at times given the context, but create unnecessary difficulty in understanding their meaning. Numerous typos and grammatical mistakes have been corrected, and most of the conversation text has been changed to make more sense and read better to English speaking players. Some parts of the user interface have also been changed to be more internally consistent, and as a bonus the subtitle timing during the intro and outro sequences has been altered to sync with the audio.

Additionally the Stalker voice greetings such as 'Howdy Ho!' and 'Spill the beans!' have been removed.

Sound

We are proud to introduce the work by a special guest, internationally acclaimed sound designer and composer Michael "sQwurm" Tornabene, known for his work for games, films, TV, and media exhibitions around the world. His contributions include new sounds for creatures, anomalies, doors, a reworked footstep sound system, and more. Improvements to ambient sounds are done in Imperialreign’s Ambient Audio Overhaul, and each map now includes a sound theme that varies between night and day. Also, all weapon sounds have been replaced with comprehensive analogues. All of the new sounds have been integrated into the game without removing the original sounds unique to the game, ensuring a superior audio experience aligned with the Complete mod’s vision.

Music

Call of Pripyat Complete introduces over a hundred acoustic guitar and vocal songs, with 23 new compositions added. New guitar tracks have been added to the existing campfire music sets. This live music was recorded specifically for this game, creating an unforgettable ambience.

Zombies

Putting the fate of NPCs unfortunately caught in an emission wave in the player’s hands, you can decide if they will turn into zombies to satisfy all your zombie killing pleasure! This feature is brought to you by AtmosFear, and is selected during the installation. Players can choose whether NPCs will be killed upon contact of the advancing emission wave, at its end (as in the base game), explode, or turned into zombies.

Features

• Real Weapon Names - All in game weapons now are labeled after their real life counterparts.
    • NPC Variation - Adds new NPC models and skins in the gameworld, increasing the variety.
    • The Wish Granter - Activated via the ESC+F1 keyboard shortcut, a hidden interface designed to let you spawn items, place anomalies, characters, mutants and much more on the map is at the player’s fingertips. You can essentially build the game around your preferences through this interface (this feature can be toggled on and off, see User Manual for details).
    • Sleeping Bag - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat features a newer native sleeping mechanic. The fans of the traditional Complete series’ sleeping bag won't find it in the actor's inventory, but will be able to purchase it from traders, and in rare cases, find it on NPCs.
    • Loot Money - Players will be able to randomly collect small amounts of money from dead NPCs. The collection will be indicated with a coin sound effect and the amount will be shown by an on-screen alert.
    • Absolute Scopes - Improves the scope system to be similar to those used in most modern FPS games.
    • Breakable Bulbs - Lights can now break by being shot or by nearby explosions, changing the ambient environment.
    • Elite Nightvision - Improves the green and black & white night vision.
    • Teleport - Allows the player to jump between points in the environment with the ability to save custom location coordinates for future use.

User Interface

With the new user interface update, skipping through introductory movies isn’t necessary. The HUD colors have been muted to not be distracting, and the inventory window is now semi-transparent, which allows the player to view the weapon currently being equipped. The HUD also features new hitmark and mutant scratch textures authored by our studio. Also, the ESC+S shortcut from the other Complete mods is added, which
    works like a “smart quick-save”, creating a separate save file with level name, in-game date, and timestamp each time it’s used.

Arkanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkanti

The changes all sound pretty good, and I have loved the other two "Stalker Complete" mods. Although from the trailer it doesn't really look like as much of a step up visually when compared to the previous game's counterparts, especially if you've already been playing with things like Atmosfear installed.

The addition I like the look of the most is "Breakable Bulbs" but I don't get why they would add the teleporting fast travel, negating the in game immersion driven travel systems. Sure you can just ignore that it's in there but that's not the point :/.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not to sound like a rabid forumite, but... 

HOLY FUCKING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! 

The 2009 Complete Pack made S.T.A.L.K.E.R. one of my favourite games of all time, I haven't even played Pripyat yet, so I'll give it an install, play a couple of hours, then install the Complete Pack. 

Can't. Wait. 

Edit: Does anyone know if there's something similar for Metro 2033? That game could do with some pretty acute polishing...

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

Duuuude, Furrealz?

Been patiently waiting for this since I finished it in (practically) vanilla form. Now I can finally play it again. 

This is a suitable birthday present.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jack268

Is there an AMK mod for CoP? I think AMK was much more fun than Complete.

Arkanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Arkanti
    @GetEveryone: 

I don't think so, but what issues would you like addressed personally?

I feel it's already pretty much the best looking(released) game out there, and that the ranger pack fixed the primary gameplay complaints I've heard about.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Arkanti: After searching the Ranger pack, it seems that most of my quibbles have been addressed. Weirdly, my Steam copy hadn't been updated with the patch; need to do it manually. 

Cheers, mate.
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By Forcen

Nice, i recently purchased Stalker: Radioactive edition wich has Call of Pripyat and Clear Sky but i havent played them yet att all.

Should i play the complete versions or play the original versions?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Forcen:
    You should absolutely use the Complete mod since it's supposed to be out in a number of hours. I mean Call of Pripyat is actually fine without mods, and was the first entry in the series that didn't outright need any, IMO. But previous incarnations of Complete have really added to the already thick atmosphere and spiced up the textures a lot. Also the OP wasn't shitting about the polish.

I really didn't like CS compared to CoP and SoC, even though I never finished it. Have you played the first one, Shadow of Chernobyl?
    yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By yinstarrunner

Goddammit, really?  I already have too many other games to play!
    ...reinstalling.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By Forcen
    @MrKlorox:  Nope, this is my jump into the series.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Jeffsekai

FUCK YES!!!

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Forcen:  In that case you should definitely start with Call of Pripyat, and know that it takes place last in the series so far. Each game has different protagonists so you can go back to the other two games and still have fun with the story. But really, the story is only a means to the end that is experiencing the Zone, which is represented best in CoP.
    Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Tordah

Sounds awesome. I haven't played any of the Stalker games yet but I have the first one waiting for me in my Steam library. I'm holding off until I get a better computer that can run it with max settings.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Geno

Holy shit they included AtmosFear with it as well. This is a masterwork. 

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OmegaPirate

Fuck - i thought this was the announcement that it was released and available to download :(

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By coaxmetal

Yea, not available for download yet but he is almost done, shouldn't be long. I have been eagerly awaiting this since he first announced it a while ago.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Marz

I sitll need to finish the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R  :(     i had bought them both during the christmas steam sales.

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Nentisys

holy shit I can't wait. I loved the vanilla Stalker:CoP so this should be exceptional.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Bane

Hell yeah! I played through Pripyat once vanilla and have been waiting for the Complete mod to go through it again.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AlexW00d

Spot on.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By thatfrood

I don't know how I feel about the removal of "Howdy ho!" and "Spill the beans!" though...
    I... just... I've almost grown attached to those awful lines of localization.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AlexW00d

It's up now every one. IT'S UP DAMNIT.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By OmegaPirate

HOLY BALLS!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By OmegaPirate

Wait a minute,t he download page still says theres nothing available :s  

Anybody got a direct link?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AlexW00d

Linky

Sorry should have included this. 

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By OmegaPirate
    kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kyrieee

I played the first two well before this mod became available for them, but I only got a few hours in CoP. This seems like a good excuse to start over. I hope it's not too much of a system hog though

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Spoonman671

I still haven't gotten around to playing Shadow of Chernobyl.

petitfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By petitfool

I know this sounds ridiculous, but the removal of "howdy ho" and the like almost kills it for me.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thatfrood
    @m2cks said:
    " I know this sounds ridiculous, but the removal of "howdy ho" and the like almost kills it for me. "
    I was saddened the instant I heard he removed them. If I had the patience, I'd make a mod where every single Stalker, Snork and Bloodsucker greeted you with a friendly HOWDY HO.
    SPILL THE BEANS
    petitfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By petitfool
    @ThatFrood said:
    " @m2cks said:
    " I know this sounds ridiculous, but the removal of "howdy ho" and the like almost kills it for me. "
    I was saddened the instant I heard he removed them. If I had the patience, I'd make a mod where every single Stalker, Snork and Bloodsucker greeted you with a friendly HOWDY HO.SPILL THE BEANS "
    lol that would be awesome. Is it just those two lines he took out, or are there any more? (I really hope not)
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thatfrood
    @m2cks said:

" @ThatFrood said:

" @m2cks said:

I was saddened the instant I heard he removed them. If I had the patience, I'd make a mod where every single Stalker, Snork and Bloodsucker greeted you with a friendly HOWDY HO.SPILL THE BEANS "
    lol that would be awesome. Is it just those two lines he took out, or are there any more? (I really hope not) "

Just those two. The rest is text localization that I honestly never read anyway.

edit: also, if you like the shit localization of CoP, you should really enjoy this compilation:

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By 1337W422102

Oh hell yeah, motherfuckers!  Love the shit out of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  ThatFrood, thanks for the heads-up.  You also reminded me that I need to burning Shadow of Chernobyl Complete and put it in the game's case so I can always have it handy.

Zecks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By Zecks23

Sweet! Definitely will be downloading this! Love the series and the Complete mods!

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By bacongames

I modded the SHIT out of SoC and I loved it that much more.  CoP however was so good it didn't need mods so on principle I didn't install any mods.  However this package is so definitive and it's been so long since I played it that I'm going to install this as soon as I can.  I miss that game so much.

Wolham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By Wolham

I recall Owl still saying "spill the beans" (though in a very annoying way, I want to punch him every time he says it). I actually never played CoP vanilla, so I am not sure of the difference, but one difference I know of is that they added a lot more guitar tunes. Most of them are covers of known songs, tailored to suit the stalker atmosphere. And they're great. :) Love them <3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.