Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Call Of Pripyat (Зов Припяти) is the third game in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise, and picks up shortly after the events of the original game. Call of Pripyat takes elements from both the original game and the prequel, Clear Sky, and is generally considered the most polished and most accessible game in the series.

Following Up Fallout With S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

Edited By mzuckerm

After finishing my first playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas, I found myself still hungry for a post-apocalyptic setting.  When I finished Fallout 3, I got into S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl shortly thereafter, and enjoyed it (even if I found it a flawed experience, which I describe in my review here).  So I recently picked up the latest entry in that series, Call of Pripyat, when it was on sale on Steam.  So far I'm really enjoying it.  It's a very different experience (it has a Russian environment with no real towns to speak of, a bleaker outlook and less humor, but an even more unforgiving inventory management system).  It's pretty fun just to wander the desolate landscape and hunt for artifacts.  So far, no huge bugs and no crashing to the desktop, so that's a really nice change of pace, but I did come across this really bizarre encounter after taking out some mercenaries.  Fun with S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s physics engine, I guess.  We'll see if the story can match up with that in the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but I'm optimistic for now.

mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mzuckerm

After finishing my first playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas, I found myself still hungry for a post-apocalyptic setting.  When I finished Fallout 3, I got into S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl shortly thereafter, and enjoyed it (even if I found it a flawed experience, which I describe in my review here).  So I recently picked up the latest entry in that series, Call of Pripyat, when it was on sale on Steam.  So far I'm really enjoying it.  It's a very different experience (it has a Russian environment with no real towns to speak of, a bleaker outlook and less humor, but an even more unforgiving inventory management system).  It's pretty fun just to wander the desolate landscape and hunt for artifacts.  So far, no huge bugs and no crashing to the desktop, so that's a really nice change of pace, but I did come across this really bizarre encounter after taking out some mercenaries.  Fun with S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s physics engine, I guess.  We'll see if the story can match up with that in the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but I'm optimistic for now.

Crocio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Crocio

Though it might not be as intense, I think you'll enjoy it for the atmosphere, nevertheless.

McDunkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By McDunkin

Glad to see more people discovering the STALKER series.  Have fun!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

I have to say that the ending in that game is nowhere near as good as chernobyls, but the game is much much better as a whole. If you do finish it and want more, I would try the SGM mod; russian mod that was translated to english, so there is some really horrible english, but they add a ton of quests and shit, and a MP3 player!

you can listen to Boney M anytime!

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By thatfrood

Get out of here, Stalker.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By beej
    @Laketown:  God the ending of Chernobly was god damned incredible. No matter what that game had done that ending justified it for me.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ryanwho

After a marathon like that, you must be capable of tuning out the roughest of bugs. I think you're now ready for Metro 2033.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#8  Edited By KillyDarko

Tough to choose the best one, from Fallout: NV and Call of Prypiat.
    I haven't finished NV yet, but if I had to make a decision NOW, I'd "vote" STALKER for best apocalyptic game of the year, hehe.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By audiosnag

Man I effing LOVED the first Stalker. Really wanna get the new one but i don't have a PC anymore :(

mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mzuckerm
    @ryanwho: I was actually very close to buying Metro 2033 when it was on sale on Steam not that long ago.  I didn't know it was that buggy, is that still the case this long after release? 

@KillyDarko: I'd actually have a tough call with that too.  I'd probably lean towards New Vegas, but right now I'm REALLY into Call of Pripyat.  I don't think I'll put anywhere near the time into it that I devoted to New Vegas, I like the story so far and the fact that it's a much more unforgiving game.  You can die so fast, but then again a headshot to an enemy is devastating.  It's a little ridiculous in Fallout to see a VATS machine gun spray to the head leave an enemy alive.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Animasta
    @ryanwho said:
    " After a marathon like that, you must be capable of tuning out the roughest of bugs. I think you're now ready for Metro 2033. "
    it's really not that buggy. I've gotten up to the library level, with no crashes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.