Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Call Of Pripyat (Зов Припяти) is the third game in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise, and picks up shortly after the events of the original game. Call of Pripyat takes elements from both the original game and the prequel, Clear Sky, and is generally considered the most polished and most accessible game in the series.

Howdy Ho!

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Johnny5

Is it the new "Get out of here stalker!"? .Before the CoP QL I mentioned to Dave that he should keep an eye out for the Howdy Ho. Luckily they didnt have to look very far. I was actually tempted to get the russian version just for the authentic voice acting, but having to rely on like 3 user modules didnt seem like the smart thing to do. Did anyone else play it with all russian voices, or know about a russian language mod?

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By thatfrood

I played using the Russian lanaguage mod. But I speak Russian, so its cool.

But man, CoP is just chalk full of quotes of the bizarre voice acting.
    "Hey bro" and "Howdy ho" being the most obvious.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By L33tfella_H

Can you turn on the russian voices in the english version? If so, it'd be pretty cool to have that turned on, seeing as i can get the gist of things by reading the text anyway.

ShartCarbuncle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ShartCarbuncle

We're all bros in the zone.  Well, I'm bros with all the other stalkers anyway.  Freedom and Duty both seem a bit weird to me, and bandits are jerks. 

Hey bro.  Howdy ho.

Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Ubiquitous

You guys really want to take all the howdy hos and hey bros out of the game and replace it with the original, more serious and probably better acted russian dialouge?!? INSANITY, thats one of my favorite things about the game. It's just like I'm playing Army of Two, except it's a good game and all the broing out taking place makes me smile instead of shooting firey liquid hate beams from my eyes consequently melting my monitor.  

Anyway... 

"Don't let the door hit you..."

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MrKlorox

"Orujie ubral (lower your weapon)" was much much more common than "Get out of here Stalker." I'm almost offended they removed that line.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By thatfrood
    @MrKlorox said:
    " "Orujie ubral (lower your weapon)" was much much more common than "Get out of here Stalker." I'm almost offended they removed that line. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.