Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Call Of Pripyat (Зов Припяти) is the third game in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise, and picks up shortly after the events of the original game. Call of Pripyat takes elements from both the original game and the prequel, Clear Sky, and is generally considered the most polished and most accessible game in the series.

Played SoC with Complete 2009 mod, should I get this?

TheSmilingDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheSmilingDude

I've bought SoC on steam over the holiday sale and started playing it this week with the Complete 2009 mod. I'm having an awesome time (just turned off the brain scorcher), especially compared to when I played it when it launched (didn't even leave the cordon then because of the bugs). Steam is offering a deal for owners of previous games in the series to get it for 20 euros, and this tempts me as I am definitely up for some more S.T.A.L.K.E.R. if it isn't buggy, runs well, and nails the suspenseful atmosphere, especially the horror moments.

So is there anyone who played SoC with the Complete 2009 mod that thought this was a good purchase?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

Yes! It is the best vanilla STALKER game yet, by far. It doesn't look as good and isn't quite as polished as Complete 2009, but it's about a thousand times more polished than the first two Stalker games. Very VERY few crashes at all, though I've been running into them more often, the more I mod the game and load up a bunch of different saves in one sitting.

In fact you can use many of the Complete 2009 textures in CoP to help bridge the gap. Combined with the Atmosfear mod, CoP looks excellent and runs better than any Stalker before.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Yup, modded the hell out of SoC. 

CoP is by far the best Stalker so far.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By spaceturtle

BUY IT!

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Hourai

I've only played an hour or two of it so far, but it's easily better than the first game. Runs surprisingly well on my 8800 GTS too, I was expecting to play on medium settings. 

I kind of miss all my old mods from the first game though. 

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By jmrwacko

Hmm maybe I should give the first STALKER a whirl with mods. I didn't give the game a chance because I was hung up over the bugs and archaic presentation.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Evilsbane
    @jmrwacko: Complete 2009 kicks so much ass, its like playing a different game, I would also suggest getting the Realistic Weapons mod, its stops your guns from being inaccurate from more than 3ft away.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.