Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Call Of Pripyat (Зов Припяти) is the third game in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise, and picks up shortly after the events of the original game. Call of Pripyat takes elements from both the original game and the prequel, Clear Sky, and is generally considered the most polished and most accessible game in the series.

So, uh, it's been leaked.....

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By atejas

And, uh, based entirely on hearsay(*cough*) it delivers.  Excellent variety of quests, ballistics and AI are fixed, maps are huge and non-linear, exploration aspect is amazing, a few graphical issues on DX9(but this isn't the full version and graphics can be modded), and a Ukrainian version of Rivet City.
    Oh, and it runs like a dream too. But that might just be on DX9 because they went and disabled all the good features for it.

nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By nasher27

Well it wasn't leaked, they released the Russian version. Since that's the native language of the developers, it probably took a little less time to get all the subtitles and voiceovers worked out right. The full English version is supposed to release in a few weeks.

Anyways, that's bloody awesome news. I'm in the middle of, uh, hearing about it, and I can't wait.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LiquidSwords

uh
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

Someone call the gamecop on these two!

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Baillie

MAYBE.

Smersh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Smersh

God, I'd give my left nut (and bolt) for this to drop as a trilogy on 360
    Come on GSC, please me!!

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Rowr

how did gsc manage to whip this out so fast. It took them longer to release a single patch for stalker: soc

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Hamst3r
    @Rowr: Because it uses a lot of the stuff from the prior games, so a ton of work is already done and the code is already stable. :P
    torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By torus

The leaked english "version" of the originally Russian localization is... really laughably poor. Some of the worst Engrish I've ever seen. Presumably this translation was done un-officially. 

I suppose if you like Stalker, you will like this. Personally, I was never a huge fan, and all the graphical glitches and brown-green color pallet didn't help. I imagine, as with the Faiakes mod for Shadow of Chernobyl, either the devs or modders will patch it to fix the problems eventually.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lunarbunny

I just want to know if they've actually debugged their scripts this time. If anything was a problem in the earlier games, it was bugs. I loved the gameplay and graphics, but man... 

No Caption Provided
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrKlorox
    @torus said:

" The leaked english "version" of the originally Russian localization is... really laughably poor. Some of the worst Engrish I've ever seen. Presumably this translation was done un-officially. "

Yes that old translation was done by Google and looked over by somebody who had never played the first games (or not looked over at all). There is a better English WIP here that is rather excellent and doesn't butcher the game.

I'm definitely going to buy this when it's released in the States. The gameplay is the best of the three (well I didn't get far in Clear Sky) and the actual open-world aspect finally delivers.

As far as bugs go, I've only had some shadow glitches related to the sun and crashes when I try to play in DX10. But having said that, DX9 still looks more beautiful than ever while performing better than ever. The massive draw distance (modded) gives virtually zero performance impact.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic

who the fuck keeps leaking media from their developers or corporations? why is it to easy to leak shit? 

anyway, i didnt like the first STALKER, i'll pass.. but i can see its potential and good action, so you guys enjoy it

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By me3639
    @Smersh said:
    " God, I'd give my left nut (and bolt) for this to drop as a trilogy on 360 Come on GSC, please me!! "
    I woul pass on the 360 version and have Bioware do a redo.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By thatfrood
    @me3639 said:
    " @Smersh said:
    " God, I'd give my left nut (and bolt) for this to drop as a trilogy on 360 Come on GSC, please me!! "
    I woul pass on the 360 version and have Bioware do a redo. "
    Woah whuh wait. What? Could you clarify that statement? You want Bioware to redo Stalker? Man, I love bioware but FUCK NO. Stalker's got a killer feel to it already, something that Bioware is not going to improve.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.